Reviews for Fragments of Memories
Tianasina chapter 31 . 4/4/2019
That was absolutely beautiful, wonderful work!
RandomNonSequitur chapter 31 . 10/30/2018
While I can't say that I loved the epilogue, the story as a whole was enthralling. You have an incredible gift for characterization and description. I could picture what was going on without being told step by step. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this fic.
Gundam Kaiser chapter 3 . 8/12/2018
Rinoa's the best, and may I just say that I love how well you've captured Squall's personality?
Gundam Kaiser chapter 2 . 8/12/2018
Laguna's flashback was nothing short of perfect. I do believe I'll be following this until the end.
A Garden of Everything chapter 31 . 7/25/2018
This is such a fantastic story. I can already tell you that I know I will be coming back time and time again to reread it. Simply wonderful!
kel chapter 31 . 1/7/2016
Actual tears at the ending, thank you for an amazing story
Niqsta chapter 31 . 12/9/2014
I always refuse to read second generation FFVIII fics because I simply can't engage with the new characters. But, this, is utterly captivating, beautifully believable, and downright sheer perfection if anyone were to even try a hand at giving life to Squall and Rinoa's kids.

I'm amazed at your work on this chapter and I adored each child and grandchild's story. Gale Leonhart even has this loveable personality akin to Rinoa and Laguna. I've loved your whole portrayal of him.

Can't believe it's taken me this long to finish this fic. This is truly one of my most favs on this site. Excellent work, J!

-Niq
Niqsta chapter 30 . 12/9/2014
This chapter was just pure mush of feels!

That pretty much sums up my enjoyment. On to the last!
Niqsta chapter 29 . 12/9/2014
I know I'm late to the party, but this chapter was miserably brilliant. I completely agree with your ending notes, although I was sad to read Gale would never get his sight back. The trick is sometimes you have to write the reality of life rather than making everything blossom. I know we use fiction as an escape, but it's always a reminder that sad things happen and there is a way to deal with it. I think you present that very well.
Guest chapter 31 . 5/27/2014
Great story
Ai Mamoru chapter 31 . 4/13/2014
Well, that was quite a long epilogue. And I have to admit to me it felt pretty lengthy sometimes, especially hearing about all the OCs life. I'm sorry, but I'm not really interested in the lifes of people I have no real connection to and bonding with a charater through a few sentences and this also in in the style of someone talking about them and not really experiencing them, is kinda hard for me.

I have absolutely no experience with blind people, but in my opinion you went a little overboard with the not-blind-thing when Gale described the family picture. I can't imagine that a blind by birth man would describe or even remember a moment like that, having for example no concept of color like all the seeing people have. I would assume someone like him would focalize his description more on the senses he's actually capable of. Once more, I have no idea how it really is, but I think, he wouldn't be able to "see" the picture like he described it, even after someone told him in a detailed and meticulous way what he sees.

The whole tale Gale told felt like a story of an odinary man. Experiencing lost and great joy. It made it feel really realistic. It was definitely no rose-colored fairytale life. And even though I'm kinda grateful for that, it always hurts seeing somebody getting hurt physically but even more mentally. That's why rose-colored fairytale endings are so nice :)

So much for the chapter. Now the story as a whole:

Do you know how brilliant this concept is? Never saw it before, but it's pure genius. Many little different stories not really connected wrapped up in a frame story. I can't help myself being awed.

Actually I wasn't that keen on starting this story, because the very important romance tag was missing. And by now I openly admit that I'm addicted to love stories (I mean very well done ones). I feel really bad about discriminating stories. Just because they lack romance doesn't mean they are bad. But in the end it's a matter of taste and it's not my fault I feel that way, it just happend. I've also learned, just because "Love"'s not on the cover, doesn't mean it's not between the covers ;) So yeah, I was intrigued by the concept and while reading I become even reeeeaaally intrigued with the main topic. The relationship between Squall and Laguna is very interesting. You picked a very worthy topic. I enjoyed it VERY much. Also because it was so very well done. Step by step they were getting closer. Once again, great pacing. I guess you're generally really great with that.
I'm really starting to fall in love with your way to write. It's so smooth (for a lack of a better word).
The story was very well done, although the tragedy was kind off a let-down to me, but to each their own ;) And even though I don't like feeling sad, the execution was great.

I guess, that's all I want to mention.
Terrific story (But you know that already having this much reviews already) ;) I enjoyed reading it very much, the better a little more than the worse.

Thank you very much for writing and sharing! :)
Ai Mamoru chapter 30 . 4/13/2014
Oh, I couldn't stop smiling. It really feels like a good ending. Nothing's wrong with an ending which puts a smile on your face, right? :)
Ai Mamoru chapter 29 . 4/13/2014
Wait. So you made Gale blind to ... what for? So he was more lucky than his sister but not THAT lucky? Wow, that's ... bizarre. Sorry I can't follow your thoughts. Guess it's my obsession with Everything's-fine-scenarios, sure there may be many out there who think that's boring. But it's my opinion that there's enough tragedy in real life to last forever with no hope of ever getting a true happy ending, that I think that's already enough. No need to add more broken hearts and existences, even if it's only in fiction. Even though I may sound like a dreamy melodramatic teenager, I will hang on to this. I may understand the reasons for killing of people or crippling them (storywise of course), I may think in the end "Wow, what a truly terrific story", but I will always prefer stories, where everything's fine in the end, because we don't have (enough of) those in real life :)

Irvine's biological father may be a really lousy parent, but I really respect him for telling his son the truth. He could have fabricated some fairytale why he had to leave his son in the care of the orphanage, but he had the balls to tell him that he didn't wanted to keep him.
Ai Mamoru chapter 28 . 4/13/2014
Hana is a really nice name and you made her a really likeable person. Wish I could give her hug for being so great ;)

Wasn't the gender of the twins a suprise? So they just bought items for boys and girls haphazardly? Meaning they are prepared for everything? Isn't that a waste of money and space? Sorry, I'm just VERY economical ;)
Ai Mamoru chapter 27 . 4/13/2014
That was a sad little flashback, but I think you did child-Ellone very good. It was portrayed very well that she was torn between staying and leaving and how hard it was to make the decision. Edea was probably doing the right thing, but I thought her pretty cruel in this one.