Reviews for Familylife goes on
DiNozzoGibbsBabe chapter 22 . 2/25
I think you meant to say Timmy and ZIva at least a week before they where able to travel towards the top of the chapter, and I noticed some minor mistakes in other chapters as well.
M. Louise E chapter 24 . 11/23/2014
I enjoyed reading this. I loved the twists and turns of the story. Well written and nicely done.
Meilea2010 chapter 24 . 9/29/2013
Fantastic story. I almost quit at the beginning because of the way McGee and David were treating Tony. Was disappointed in Gibbs too. But it got a lot better and I kept reading. Looking forward to reading more of 'Running on Empty' too.
prince-bishop chapter 24 . 7/7/2013
The only thing that is wrong with this story there is too much emphasis on the Gibbs and Tony is being father and son, it was well over the top, there again if I had a father like Gibbs I would want to get away from him, he is bad tempered always have the last word and he is a bully, and most of all he uses violence to control Tony ie the head slaps, apart from that it was a good story.
ladyaloysius chapter 24 . 6/7/2013
I didn't review because I was so caught up in your telling of the tale! Angst and all the love as well! Just a great read!
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
Go tell them off. They deserved it and needed to hear it.
trout1986 chapter 7 . 8/30/2012
"Tony was appalled by what he heard. Now with his head out of the clouds he heard the bitterness spewing from Ziva."
(I believe you mean Tim rather than Tony)
Cartlin chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Um, McGee isn't wrong, Tony was essentially whored himself for a case, and poor Jeanne, was a mark. Sure, maybe he felt something for her, but that doesn't change the fact that he was using her to get to her father, sleeping with her, moving in with her, all under pretense, lying to her. She was a mark. What he did during that case was reprehensible and shameful.
BuckeyeFan00000 chapter 8 . 11/1/2011
Just found this story - yes, I know it's been around for a few years and was floored to switch chapters from Gibbs interrogating McGee and totally skipping his interrogation of Ziva, just watching her. Hope it shows up before the story end.

EccentricRage chapter 24 . 6/14/2011
awwww! i loved this story! It was recomended to me by an author by the name of Arress and im so glad that she did!
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 24 . 6/1/2011
I cant believe how mean EVERYONE one team Gibbs was being and treating Tony. He did nothing to deserve it. i am glad Ziva was put in her place. She was the worst. At least as soon as Tim knew he was wrong and admitted it Gibbs. And wanted to see and make it right with Tony right away. i love Gibbs being all protective over Tony. Only wanting wanting whats best for him and to protect him. Aww so sweet when they call each other dad and son And even better he has a grandfather. Both who love him unconditionally.

Tony didnt know about the file the Director had about him. Let alone that Ziva read it. Tony was right it shouldnt of takes that file for Ziva to understand or respect him.

But in the end it all worked out for all of them. Glad the file was destroyed and the Director apologized to Tony for the use of it.

Aww the card and note Tony wrote to Gibbs was so sweet. I love father/son Tony/Gibbs they are so meant for each other.
GoMallory chapter 24 . 3/4/2011
You had a good idea but you let yourself down by stretching the story out too long.

The ****NCIS*** to indicate a change in pov/scene was frankly annoying and ruined the flow of the story.

I can not see Ziva changing her opinion of Tony in such a short time and Gibbs was too OCC at the end.

I did like the fact that Jackson Gibbs was included.

Overall, good idea but poorly executed.
Nicky Reid chapter 24 . 10/26/2010
good story and I'm glad you brought Ziva around
Nicky Reid chapter 22 . 10/26/2010
Fund a typo - should this not be Timmy?

It took a week before Ziva and Jimmy were able to travel.
visions2share chapter 24 . 7/24/2010
I have only recently joined fanfiction - and although I have yet to publish anything I have greatly enjoyed reading the postings. NCIS is one of my favorites and although I have liked many of the other NCIS stories I have read this is the first one for which a felt compelled to write a review.

First of all: I loved it. Tony is my favorite character and I don't think they give him nearly enough credit on the show. I also loved the way you portrayed Ziva. I think Tony had the perfect right to be pissed at the way his "team" members treated him during the time he was team leader, when he was undercover, and when he was cleaning up and dealing with the mess being undercover had made of his life.

I thought the way you showed how Jenny had betrayed Tony by the way she abused his undercover abilities for her own ends was brilliant! And showing that Tony put up with a lot of undeserved putdowns from Gibbs and how he felt about that treatment was just as wonderful.

Abby's rant against Gibbs, Tim, and Ziva at the beginning of the story was so in character and heartfelt it really showed Abby at her best - it was also masterfully placed in the story to draw the reader in and shows that you either have excellent instincts for fiction or gave this story a lot of though and attention.

Gibbs speech in the cabin about Tony having always been co-lead was amazing because that is exactly how I see the character on the show. Like Gibbs and Tony are a team and the others are there more to be trained by them than to work with them. I know I keep using the word brilliant but that is exactly what I think it is.

I would have liked to have seen a better or more detailed introduction of Jackson Gibbs, I was under the impression from LJ Gibbs thoughts during the drive to the cabin that he had been out of contact with his own father for many years. Yet you have Jackson showing up knowing all about Tony and Gibbs’ life in DC and his team - maybe not the specifics but the general idea. And we didn't get to see Tony meet Jackson and I felt that was unfair because it could have been fascinating.

Overall this was an awesome story. One the very best NCIS I have read - and I have read nearly three hundred in the past two weeks. I have already added this story to my list of favorites, and I know I will be paying it the highest compliment I can and rereading it many times in the future.

Thanks again for a great story!