Reviews for The Apology of Elrond
Kallios the Scholar chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
So very beautiful, and it answers a lot of questions that I myself had been wondering. Estel's childhood confusion over whether he is being disloyal to his father by loving Elrond is something that anyone can identify with, as can Elrond's deep love for Maglor.

Also, this made me cry. Thank you so much for writing it.
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Very beautiful and insightful.
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
awww
Redmage2 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
This is an absolutely beautiful story.
Audrey333 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Beautifully written, and I love your portrayal of Elrond.
Athalanta chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Wonderful story.

When I clicked on your profile to read more of them, I realized I have already done so - from other people's favorites!

Now, that's praise!

:D
Glory Bee chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Heartrendingly beautiful! Stunning in its emotional intensity, I wept throughout reading it with a painful lump in my throat. The reasons Elrond gave Estel for loving him were so precious, oh that each of us would hear reasons like those from a father-figure.
TheRandomScribbler chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
I do not ordinarily leave reviews but this was one of the best Elrond/Aragorn stories I've ever read, and I have read quite a few. It was realistic, kept to the proper manner of speech and syntax - all over an excellent little story. They are too few on this site!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
*snuffles* Oh my, that was...beautiful! I loved it! So sweet! :)
Darkover chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
Dear Canafinwe: This was beautiful! Wonderfully written, emotionally explicit without being sentimental, and-especially for a fantasy tale-very realistic. You write the Elrond-Estel relationship better than any fan author I've read thus far. Thanks so much for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
Larner chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
Beautiful, and so rightly expressed!
Gandalfs apprentice chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Oh, this is gorgeous! It's just the way it had to have happened. I can see both of them so clearly, and you wove the story and the feelings together beautifully. It adds so much poignancy as well to the Elrond-Arwen-Aragorn triangle.
Vamp.Michelle chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
This was a very personal, intimate talk between father and son. And yet Elrond the teacher somehow manages to turn it into a lesson. Or the other way around: It is a lesson, and still it is a talk between father and son. Beautiful!
steelneena chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
beautiful, but, there is only one thing. Elrond and his close kin spoke Sindarin firstly and foremostly, so Estel, as well as Elladan and Elrohir, would have refered to Elrond as Adar, Sindarin for Father. Still, I loved it!
Elemarth chapter 1 . 12/21/2009