Reviews for Good Country People
rustydiamond chapter 41 . 7/13/2010
It's been a weird, wonderful ride. Thanks for sharing!
sosindri chapter 41 . 7/8/2010
That burn off thing is really unique. Uh, does Dean burn it off when he has sex?

Ahem. I'm just asking. What?

I really enjoyed this story. Bye!
triumphdawg chapter 41 . 7/8/2010
I enjoyed the quiet moments between the boys, Dean's sudden chick flick moment, and Sam holding on for dear life as Dean worked the bag.

And, of course, Dean beating the hell out of Beck and the others. Especially Missy. Thank you for killing her off.

Now exactly what lesson did you learn again? ;)
WickedWitchofCompton chapter 41 . 7/8/2010
That was some scary goodness with Dean and that punching bag. How come we don't see that on the show?

Anyway, don't take too long with the sequel!
SilkGhost chapter 41 . 7/8/2010
Dang...it's over? Crap.

Good story! Some of the stuff you did to Dean and Sam made me freak a little, but it's all good in the end.
jonesthecat chapter 41 . 7/8/2010
Loved the way you ended this, with Sam emailing Bobby.

So, what lesson did you learn, huh?
snowballone chapter 41 . 7/8/2010
I have an unhealthy obsession with drunk dean. Thanks for letting him show up in this chapter. So this is it, huh? Damn.
kickassreviewer chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
I thought you were going to end this story with a bang, but you did it quietly. Sam's email was effective, a good way to set up the sequel.

As always, I love the imagery you use: Bobby seeing Sam and Dean as Border Collies, I laughed out loud when I saw that one. I've been around those dogs, and they do have a tendency to get weird when they get lazy.

This touched me: "The days always ended the way they began: out in the yard sitting on the Impala, waiting for Dad. It was the Winchester version of a lighting a candle in a window, something to lead a wayward traveler home.

Dean went first, and Sam always followed him."

That was beautiful.

And of course, Dean pummeling the punching bag. I would really love to see that on the show!

This fic was good from start to finish, and I'm really glad to see that there will be a sequel. I've never seen anything else quite like this story, and some of the details like the spirit residue burn-off are pretty unique. I'd really like to see you write some original fiction and get that published. I mean, get paid for writing this time. I think you're more than ready. Email me if you're interested.
IHeartDean chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
Being with no internet service for the last week sucks, but this was nice to see when I finally got back on.

The best scene for me was Dean seeing John after all this time. That was nice.

Sequel? Yeah, I wanna read that!
Iamthe1 chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
This story pushed all my buttons. It made me mad and sad for what you did to Sam and Dean, but everything turned out okay. Well, sort of.

So there will be a sequel, huh? I'll be back for it!
banditsredrose chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
This story ended the way I hoped it would. I was really worried you were going to kill off Dean, but you didn't. Thank you for that.
bitchwithattitude chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
I'm sad that it's over, but you messed the boys up so much there's gonna be a sequel. WOOT!
Camelyn chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
I'll be back for the sequel!
seriousmoonlight chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
Well, it's over. This was a good way to end it. I really enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing!
pronto chapter 41 . 7/3/2010
I stuck with this despite your very obvious pilfering from The Woods are Lonely, Dark and Deep in the earlier stages of this story in particular - ironic, after your accusations. As I have said before, I think you are a good writer if a little erratic. I often feel you could do with filling in the gaps and doing some more world-building to add depth to your situations and characterization: they exist on a rather shallow level that seems to depend heavily on shock value rather than any insight into the characters' thoughts and motives. But then again, you do shock value very well.

Interesting to read another version of this 'verse', so to speak, although this comes nowhere near the other one. Your other stories are a lot more imaginative and better written than this, perhaps because they are unique in terms of the ideas and very vivid imagery? Reading this I couldn't help thinking it has been done before and way better than your story. I think if you are planning a sequel you should try to move away from the similarities with the other stories and try to invest yours with some fresh ideas.

I've seen comments on LiveJournal to the effect that you are reviewing this story yourself using sockpuppets. Anyway, there is some genuine con-crit to add to your share of genuine reviews to this story.
884 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »