Reviews for Good Country People
IHeartDean chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
Being with no internet service for the last week sucks, but this was nice to see when I finally got back on.

The best scene for me was Dean seeing John after all this time. That was nice.

Sequel? Yeah, I wanna read that!
Iamthe1 chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
This story pushed all my buttons. It made me mad and sad for what you did to Sam and Dean, but everything turned out okay. Well, sort of.

So there will be a sequel, huh? I'll be back for it!
banditsredrose chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
This story ended the way I hoped it would. I was really worried you were going to kill off Dean, but you didn't. Thank you for that.
bitchwithattitude chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
I'm sad that it's over, but you messed the boys up so much there's gonna be a sequel. WOOT!
Camelyn chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
I'll be back for the sequel!
seriousmoonlight chapter 41 . 7/5/2010
Well, it's over. This was a good way to end it. I really enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing!
pronto chapter 41 . 7/3/2010
I stuck with this despite your very obvious pilfering from The Woods are Lonely, Dark and Deep in the earlier stages of this story in particular - ironic, after your accusations. As I have said before, I think you are a good writer if a little erratic. I often feel you could do with filling in the gaps and doing some more world-building to add depth to your situations and characterization: they exist on a rather shallow level that seems to depend heavily on shock value rather than any insight into the characters' thoughts and motives. But then again, you do shock value very well.

Interesting to read another version of this 'verse', so to speak, although this comes nowhere near the other one. Your other stories are a lot more imaginative and better written than this, perhaps because they are unique in terms of the ideas and very vivid imagery? Reading this I couldn't help thinking it has been done before and way better than your story. I think if you are planning a sequel you should try to move away from the similarities with the other stories and try to invest yours with some fresh ideas.

I've seen comments on LiveJournal to the effect that you are reviewing this story yourself using sockpuppets. Anyway, there is some genuine con-crit to add to your share of genuine reviews to this story.
ShortLILPunk chapter 7 . 7/2/2010
I'm so happy that I finally got to this chapter! It told me exactly what the hell I've been wanting to know. Gabe is a lost soul!

All this time I was wondering if Dean had multiple personalities, or was a schitz, or was invaded by a demon. I think it was EXTREMELY clever of you to have him be invaded by Gabe the lost soul of the Bender family. Man I feel bad for the things that Dean has had to undure though.

The end of this chapter with Jimmy hearing the bell and us hearing Jimmy's thoughts, gave me the chills, dude! Fucking outstanding! )
ShortLILPunk chapter 6 . 7/2/2010
Man you really have a talent for writing the minds of uncivilized serial killers. That was a compliment. )

Seeing Lee and Jerry's upbringing is so freaky. Hell the whole background of the Benders is freaky, but so well written. Your writing style is addictive.

I also really liked the first part with Sam and the demon, very informative.

It's heartbreaking that Dean has to dream of normality with Sam just to feel good again. Good enough to take him away from what's happening in actuality.

Great chapter. )
ShortLILPunk chapter 5 . 7/2/2010
WOW! Okay, so Jimmy is there, or here, if I'm crazy and live in my head too lol.

It's crazy that John ended up offing the people hunters. It hurts to think of how close he actually was but too late.

This part right here was an excellant line that stuck out to me... (Sam had his mind under control now, didn't see wide green eyes, a cocky smirk or a gunfighter's strut everywhere like he did before.).. That part literally haunted me. Dean does strut like a gunfighter lol. But to have his live image haunt Sam and Sam having to heal from imagining Dean just being around is heartbreaking.

Dean's visions confuses the shit out of me. I would like to think that I'm perceptive enough to read into Dean's thoughts and things of the like to make myself understand, but I'm just confused lol. It's a good thing though that I'm not able to guess what is happening or what will happen. It means I've just got to keep reading lol.
ShortLILPunk chapter 4 . 7/1/2010
So the plot thickens.

I figured that the people hunters had "lost" Dean without their father relaizing it was on purpose.

So a demon is amongst him; reading his memories on the walls. Very clever.

I'm so damn eager for more answers here lol. Or at least for Dean to find some answers.

Another great chapter.
ShortLILPunk chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
Wow this chapter really broke my heart for poor Sam. And since John disappeared as well I have a strange feeling because I'm terribly confused as to why Dean is calling that one dude in the institution 'dad'. I can tell that this story is going to be one of those that make me insane over needing to know what happens next and just why have all of these other things have happened lol. Great work here.
ShortLILPunk chapter 2 . 7/1/2010
Holy crap! I can't belive that Dean was hunting people and eating them. And him getting with Missy was a HUGE surprise. This is so twisted, but incredibly well written.
ShortLILPunk chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Whoa... you terrify me in the most amazing kind of way. You are insanely brilliant. I got sucked in pretty quick. Your imagination for this mental stuff is genius.
Etrixan chapter 41 . 7/1/2010
This was a great journey. The boys are still so messed, it was tough to read but the ending makes sense. They're not going to be all unicorns and moonbeams, not after everything that's happened.

Thanks for writing it and then sharing it with us. I enjoyed the ride. ]
891 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »