Reviews for Checkmate
The Nevermore Raven chapter 7 . 11/12/2011
Perhaps the scars in Lucario's heart will heal, after all. Some of the insights you have placed in this story make more sense than the game did by itself.

~N.R.
The Flying Lion chapter 7 . 6/12/2010
that was an awesome story. i hadnt read it yet so now i know its good by the way did lucario have a final battle with tabuu, like one on one?
Pikachu127 chapter 6 . 3/1/2010
Really a great story, couldn'tve done it better myself.

Oh, by the way, what's "Emissary" mean?
Souldin chapter 7 . 12/18/2009
Absolute brilliance. The fic is both a great exploration into the events of the subspace emissary as well as unique and interesting expansion on it.

This chapter is written beautifully with the scenes and events being so vivid from the gunfight, to Metaknight getting hit by the Falcon Punch. The character exploration is in-depth and the connectivity of this with the other fics in the series is truly astounding. More humour seems to be appearing now and brings an uplifting charm to a mostly serious and level headed story.

I'm a tad annoyed that the Tabuu fight was skipped as I would have found it interesting to see how you would have written it however as you say, we already know the rest of this particular story. Fantastic job, keep up the brilliant work.
Dusk-N-Dawn chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
Sweet job on the last chapter! A good end to this part of the story )

It really sets up for the next parts.

Keep up the great work! _
Shadow R-B chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
Last minute-? Dammit, Sonic! (stomp)

I played Sonic '06, and I suck at it, but, WAUGH, I hate that game!

First and only played Sonic game... (pfft)

Anyway...

Wait, Tabuu's still alive?

Oh, eff.

Heheh, maybe Trainer had a Soothe Bell on him? Or, a Skitty Tail?

Something that ups- Actually, Skitty Tail is a runaway item...

Eh. (shrug)

More? Yay! There's still an arc!

It's like you're moving with seasons here.

So, if that's the case, what season was this?

Hope you can update soon~!

~Shadow

Kuro: (nips ear)

Kage: Urk! (spins around) What the hell was that for?

Kuro: (opens maw, points) Tweat.

Kage: What for?

Kuro: You owe me!

Kage: For WHAT?

Kuro: Losing the bet.

Kage: Agh-... Damn, sure, just... Shush, k?

Kuro: _ No problem!

Dammit, I thought it'd be longer... -_-U
NinjaSheik chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
THAT WAS AWESOME~! THAT'S A GREAT WAY TO END A COOL STORY! BELIEVE IT~!
Pikachu127 chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
What happened to crazy hand?
lupyne chapter 7 . 12/16/2009
I like the interruptions in the narration ("...it would be ready to fir– There was a sickening crunch..." etc); they are really effective, and depict how fast-paced the action is.

There are a lot of aircrafts in this chapter. I've never been a fan of action sequences involving them, but the writing was fluid, so it's a good read.

I always thought Sonic came out of nowhere in the game.

That was a fitting end, I feel. All in all, the whole story ties well to the game's SSE plot, and the Days of Our Lives arc as well. It's sad to see the arc coming to an end, but at the same time, I'm intrigued to see what the two oneshots will be about.

Job well done.
Souldin chapter 6 . 11/29/2009
The Pokémon gratefully met the gloved hand with a paw of his own, the two Smashers sharing a quiet moment of camaraderie as the Ice Climbers beamed.

…and then the Great Fox slammed into the mountain.

I just couldn't stop laughing. Your serious and wonderfully descriptive style is evident as ever but this sudden shot of comedy was brilliant. As wonderfully descriptive as ever with writing that as always keeps me anticipating the next chapter. The lurking comedy in this is also genuis.

Amazing job, keep up the great work!
Dusk-N-Dawn chapter 6 . 11/27/2009
Great job on the chapter!

I always get a laugh when someone writes about lucario picking up snake's box. _

Update soon!)
Shadow R-B chapter 6 . 11/27/2009
Um... Yay?

Anyway, I'm sorry I didn't review earlier! It's like, "Ooh, Tv Tropes has Sukisho here?"

Then, I check my emails... "Oh, crap!"

Yay, Dub D escaped!

(only to later begin selling statues, cough)

And Snake makes an appearance!

Angst? Seems normal to me, but then again, I usually read pretty evil fics...

Anyway, good luck with your updates, hey?

~Shadow
lupyne chapter 6 . 11/27/2009
It is true that there are plenty of action and fight scenes in this story, but I think that is fine. Given the circumstances, it would be more surprising if there were less fight scenes instead. Plus, the scenes were done beautifully, so it's all good.

The pace of this story has escalated - I can still remember when Mario was lightheartedly talking about food earlier, and now, they're fighting for their lives... So yes, the balance is there: character interactions were well done, with bits of humour in the earlier chapters.

The chess theme is also a plus point, what with it being mysterious and eerie, reflecting their situation.

Will the next chapter be the last, or will it go beyond seven?
NinjaSheik chapter 6 . 11/27/2009
AWESOME~! I LOVE LUCARIO! HE'S SO COOL!

If they met Snake, so that means they're gonna meet up with Princess Zelda and Princess Peach! Yay!

UPDATE SOON~!
Rhenroh chapter 5 . 11/19/2009
First thing first, this is my very first Review.

This story promises to keep the audience captivated and entertained as it progresses.

Remarks:

You are one of the few authors that genuiely care how the grammer and syntax of a story can help deliver a all around better story. As for critical remarks, I have yet to find any that can take away from the story. Just as long as you do not start character bashing, you have a fan in me.

Rhenroh