Reviews for Antigone
kinzeylee chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
oh wow, this made me cry! I really can see Jane going that far in order to have his revenge. I loved the way you incorporated Jane talking to his wife, but I feel like the third snippet is of him talking to Lisbon instead. For some reason, when I read this piece, I see it that Lisbon, for whatever reason, never came out of the trance. Instead she just stayed in that dreamlike state, and the second part was her dream. That's just my strange interpretation. Anyway, I absolutely loved it! There's just something about your writing that tugs at my heartstrings. :)
Demus chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
It hurts so good, this story. Loving your style, the detached, distant narrative works so well, somehow contrives to make the pain hit so much harder, likewise the bittersweet relief of the ending; it's beautiful. Thanks :)
KamiNytha chapter 2 . 4/23/2011
Just realized that despite loving this i neglected to review. This was truly beautiful and heartbreaking - brought tears to my eyes. So sad and possible but still not completely horrible. Just..undescribable. The style was wonderful as well. Very Bittersweet. Brava
MerriWyllow chapter 2 . 3/16/2011
This story is amazing - elegiac, lyrical. I could go on and on, but it would just be a string of adjectives rather than something sensible. My higher brain functions have been laid low by the power of it.
Donnamour1969 chapter 2 . 3/11/2011
This was very dark and sad, and unfortunately, one way this show could end. Nothing against your story, but I hope not. Very well written.
PJaneL chapter 2 . 3/9/2011
This is so heart-brokenly beautiful! Both chapters! I cant say I love it because it make me cry and yet I cant stop my self to reread it! I am still debating should I or shouldnt I favorite it!

I hate tragedy and yet I too choose to interpret the ending as Lisbon is dying and is hallucinating, like the little matchbox girl. It just seems more fitting.

Very very well written!
maremarethebear chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
There's a new "Antigone" category under plays/musicals if you want to add your story to it.
information specialist chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
This chapter is like mu nightmare come true for what could happen in the actual series. It shows Patrick at his most manipulative, most ruthless, cometely taking advantage of Lisbon, despite caring about her. And you wrote it perfectly; giving early hints as to what will happen, then continuing to fill the reader with dread to the very last minute.
information specialist chapter 2 . 11/4/2010
Thank you so much. For the epilogue. That first chapter was too tragic for me- I hadn't noticed the genre type before I read it. So, so depressing, but sublime too. The style was very elegant and it was nice to see Jane gave Lisbon her life back after he completely destroyed her. I usually like giving detailed reviews but I'm running out of words to to compliment your stories, so just, thanks.
shallowness chapter 2 . 3/9/2010
This is a really powerful peace, the increasing menanc of the first chapter, how Jaen talking to his wife was subtly shown to be more real to him than anything else, Lisbon's dream like escape. If I'm honest, the ending didn't work for me formally, although I loved the Jane/Lisbon interaction. It felt too real to be a dream, and yet, while Jane is a trickster, he's not Loki, so for him to come back to himself - I'm going on Lisbon's observation in court, and escape, felt like it was stretching thins. Up till then, this was a tragedy - where the quoting of Antigone did not feel like too much - so offering hope, having him literally, physically bring her back from the brink, which is how it read to me, didn't quite fit. However, mileage varies and this was an audcious story, a plausible scenario that fans don't want to face...
anthropologist chapter 2 . 3/5/2010
Hauntingly beautiful and heartbreakingly creative. I'm in love with your writing style and the originality of your work. I also love the Antigone references very much.
crimsonpirate chapter 2 . 1/22/2010
I already liked the first part a lot ,but I think I like this part even better,sweetly sad and says complete ,but I think a third part is possible.I would love it.
hungryjunco chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
This is really well done. Except for the optimism at the end it really does have an air of Greek tragedy about it.
Ebony10 chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
Only you could take something depressing and make me like it so much. And make me somehow feel like it may not be as depressing as I thought. Tragic, yes. But maybe not depressing...

I feel as if this is complete, but open (nice for leaving you the capability for another chapter later if the urge hits you). Thank you for sharing your wonderful writing!
erica83ca chapter 2 . 1/21/2010
I had a hard time with the first chapter because the scenario (or something like it) is not COMPLETELY out of the realm of possibility - truly heartbreaking.

“Life begins at 65,”

Probably the saddest and the most optimistic line I have ever read.

Beautiful work.