Reviews for Insomnia
aurorasparrow88 chapter 7 . 1/16/2010
Amazing, amazing, amazing! SUCH an excellent idea! I just can't get over how good that was! So so so so good! I love the second-person bug you've caught! You should definitely definitely keep that. I mean, you don't have to for every chapter, but you should know, you write it amazingly. "Really, what is the point? No-one will notice if you’re late anyway." Love it. "...because it’s the closest you ever get to daring." Hands down, best line! "Well, maybe this is where it starts." Oh yes! Amazing chapter!
Guest chapter 3 . 1/16/2010
I loved it! It wasn't all that bad

And you used the a Muse song so no complaining!

:D
aurorasparrow88 chapter 6 . 1/11/2010
Oh, but that was amazing! I loved it! Every single thing about it! That was so lovely! How you took the most over-used cliches and just made them into...DW wonderfulness. I feel like I'd be cheating if I just went back and requoted it all. So I'll choose a couple favorites. Just to let you know, this is going to take a while. Okay, I love love love this one: "And he who waits loses everything if he waits too long." Too true and all the sadder for it. And this one: "She forgot. You know that she wouldn't forgive you. If only she knew." I'm assuming Donna, yes? Lovely, incredibly sad line! Such a good chappie, I'm SO glad you updated! Can't wait for another, soon, I hope? Hehe. Shameless I tell you!
loveislouder94 chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
Very good! I like how you used different songs, and encompassed different things within each one. :)
loveislouder94 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
A lovely piece, which gives the reader food for thought, especially at the end. Well done!
Otter Child chapter 5 . 12/25/2009
Really perfect. Getting better!

Merry Christmas!
aurorasparrow88 chapter 5 . 12/24/2009
Silly little songfic, my behind! That was brilliant! You are so right, that song is just made for them! Now I've got to go back and re-read the chappie while listening to this song on youtube...clearly. Haha. I love what you did with this...these lyrics are so them. Best line? "However many times he saved her, he'd always know that she had saved him first." So completely and incredibly lovely that one. And aw...I love the bits about walking and holding hands. "That sounded poncy, in his head..." Hahaha, love it. And I love that he's walked on clouds before (that is so him) but walking with her is better. "He had shown her the universe, but she had shown him life." Oh wait...that might be the best line...but I can't decide...so two for one, yay! I love that he thinks of her as his equal too...too true. Lovely update! Cannot wait for another! Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, ha, whichever applies!
aurorasparrow88 chapter 4 . 12/20/2009
Agreed. So inhuman. I love the way you're taking historical issues and turning them into something here on FF...such a great idea. And I love the way you got your idea for this too. Also, SUCH a great ending! That was George, right? I love the idea! Genius, if you ask me. Also, great job with your first DW adventure type thing as opposed to a drabble. You should write more. Either way, so so great! How sad but...you know...good. Loved it!
SciFiGeek14 chapter 4 . 12/20/2009
AW is that george at the end? i hoep so!

poor rose, and doc, and george, and freddie, and their mum, and all the kida in the mine
Otter Child chapter 4 . 12/20/2009
That's enough to break the heart. You want to strangle somebody for letting it happen. Lovely piece.
Telmerethiel chapter 4 . 12/20/2009
I quite enjoy your writing. This last chapter was incredibly interesting and well written. I must take a guess at your disclaimer. My guess is the one thing that has changed is now you are a 15 year old girl obsessed with something you could never end. If that's so, happy birthday to you. If it's not, then happy birthday to you anyway, whenever it next occurs.
Otter Child chapter 3 . 12/18/2009
okay, first off, you DO NOT SUCK! You kick ass. Especially for your age. You know what most of the kids your age write? Bad romance, worse adventure and constant misspellings of words like 'which' and 'psychic' On the other hand, your stories were creative, lyrical and fresh(but then you used cliche in the right spots:)You rock!

A tip on the songfics:sometimes weaving the actual words that inspired you from the song helps the reader connect. I didn't know most of these songs(I'm a Yank if that helps. And don't worry about your taste. I know all the words to Billy Joel songs, and I'm only five years older than you. Blame long road trips and bad radio) and so some of the impact of the songs was lost to me. If I'd been able to read the lyrics I might have gotten some references a bit better. My favorite was 'death and all his friends.' Perfect moment. I hope you write more Doctor Who stuff soon!

PS: I deeply sympathize on the insomnia. If you want some herbal remedies that work really well for me, send me a reply. Of course, seeing the caliber of your work at night, maybe staying up's a good thing!

Otter
aurorasparrow88 chapter 3 . 11/9/2009
So...seeing as how these are all so incredibly and individually good, I think they each deserve their own mini review. Oh, and before I start, I just wanted to apologize for being so late in reviewing. School's not been kind to me as of late, but that's nothing new. :-) So, I unfortunately have never heard "Death and All His Friends," but I love what you did with it and have been inspired to go check it out...eventually. In the meantime, may I say what an amazing job you did with that theme. That last line was especially good about death always bringing his friends. "And the Doctor thought how unfair it was that death was never alone, and yet he always was." So sad and true, but I love the way you managed to put it all into wonderful words. Also haven't heard "Only When I Sleep," but now I will...soon. To risk becoming redundant, I also love what you did with that...the idea of Rose dreaming of him in the parallel world, of nightmares. Wonderfully done, especially, again, beginning to sense a pattern, hehe, in that last line. I love the way these all kind of tie up neatly at the end with...I guess, the most important thought. Now, "Nobody's Fool" I've heard, and I do think it's a kind of perfect fit for Martha, so I'm glad you went in that direction. I like the way you kind of get all her emotions across, very true to the show. I love the bit about not being the one who can give him forever, cos we all know that's a Rose reference. "You're Not Sorry" I've not heard before either, but there it goes on the list. As for the bit about it, I'm only a little confused. The overall...story, I get. Of course it's the Doctor...I just don't know who's with him, which is fine. Could be just about anyone, and it'd work. Of course, when I re-read it, I see it as Rose, but that's just me. It's also a given. I love what you manage to say about his character there, especially because it’s all very true. “He wouldn't be sorry to die to save one. He's that kind of person, and boy does she love him for it.” That, of course, is my favorite line. “Heart of Mine” goes on the list and also falls into the “I love what you did with it” category. Because I do. I don’t care that it’s short because it manages to be beautiful and complete. Sometimes, less is more, and that’s what you managed there. Again, assuming Rose, haha, so I love the whole idea of his hearts not being his anymore. Quite…lovely. “All I Want is You” never heard but will. Also short but somehow complete. The Satan Pit story’s one of my favorites, so I love that you included a bit about it. I love the slow path/fast path thing, clever. Again, very lovely. “Undisclosed Desires” yet another I’ve yet to hear, and that’s with me loving Muse and all. Again, you did an amazing job putting that song into Doctor Whovian words. So sad yet quite beautiful. Your writing…can I say how much I love it? You find the most clever and graceful ways to put your words together. “Sticks and stones might well break her bones...but his words would never hurt her…” Simply amazing, you. “Girl in the Moon”…would you be surprised if I told you I’d never heard it either? No, okay, me neither. But, haha, how dare you say fail? That might have been one of my favorites. That last line kind of just sums it up: “She was his girl in a blue moon.” How incredibly lovely…is there a synonym for lovely? “These Days” on the list. And yet another one liner you managed to break my heart with and make me smile all at the same time. “He couldn't destroy the silence, unless he spoke, and there was no-one there to speak to.” I found that synonym I was asking about: exquisite. That’s what these are. “Never Mind” also on the list. And aw, what a way to end this chapter. Gr, it always makes me so mad we never get to hear him say it, but that’s the way it was meant to be, I suppose. I’d like to believe that there were moments like the one you wrote where he wanted to tell her… Anyway, amazing, amazing job with these! Kind of makes me daunted…to, you know, try my own hand at a songfic… So how’d you do it then? Play a song and write over it…? Clever…might try it. I cannot wait for another update you!
Lutricity chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Amazing!
Lutricity chapter 3 . 11/4/2009
I really liked these :) The strange thing is when I clicked on this fic I was listening to Death and All His Friends 0_o, go figure.
49 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »