Reviews for A Taste for Delicacies
Ersatz Writer chapter 5 . 11/1/2014
Oh, this is absolutely brilliant! I didn't think I could ship those two, but... You've made it work. The characterisation is spot on. The dynamics, though dark, make sense, because Yes Minister is, honestly very dark in terms of the characters' relationships and you've hit the nail on the head. It's perfect. :) I'm just sad there's not more.
TatianaOnegina chapter 5 . 3/2/2011
I thought B/H is not my cup of tea, but I absolutely love this pairing in your fics!
Soot chapter 5 . 1/7/2011
Wow! all my vocabulary has abandoned me! that was amazing! thank you so much for writing!
Vain x Life Poetess chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
Only the first chapter and I am already liking it you do make it more evident the shyness that bernard is feeling plus the cynicism of humphrey!

nicely done
Virgo Shaka chapter 5 . 11/8/2009
I just started watching Yes Minister a few weeks ago, and I decided to see if there was any decent fanfic out there. Boy, was I pleased to find this. It's a shame there don't seem to be many fics around, but this one is a gem. I loved it from the start and I could perfectly believe how you made them act towards each other. Your Sir Humphrey was spot on, and I appreciated how you made Bernard think about what he was doing and why he was doing it. The way you handled his moral dilemma made this story stand out for me.

The ending... I think it fitted the story quite well, and I was in a way happy that they didn't end their affair, but I felt for Bernard's wife too.
miruvor chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Hi! Just chiming in to say I really liked this story (or set of drabbles, I suppose). Despite my rabid inner slash fan, I've always been slightly dubious about this fandom just because it's incredibly difficult to write for, whether involving romance or not, but I think this is probably as close to perfection as slash ever could be in the Yes Minister universe. I do like the fact that it's not hearts and flowers, as of course it wouldn't be) - and also that you actually developed the character of Bernard's wife a little, which I haven't ever seen done before. I also the fact that it does capture the 'whiskey-priest' nature of the series, and that the romance scenes are tastefully done...the list of things I like about this fic go on. I think you can be pretty proud of it!

Thanks for contributing to this tiny fandom, and for doing it so well. Look forward to more from you, if you ever feel like writing more!
kafkian chapter 5 . 11/8/2009
Its a bittersweet ending. But its quite good because it gave me the impression that they didnt really end it and despite Bernards conscience he wouldnt be able to resist. Anyway, good story, good plot.

I cant help but encourage another
kafkian chapter 4 . 11/6/2009
First of all Im very flattered that youve decided to continue this story because of my comment. I do like thi fic, for a very particular reason.

When Jim said to Humphrey "you are a moral vacuum" I thought Humphrey was a little bit shaken. But he is one indeed. And it was clear that Bernard didnt want to end up like him. And in your fic, the fact that they want each other but Bernard knows that what theyre doing is wrong; whereas Humphrey doesnt think about it in that way. Thats very appeling. You brought up the less funniest thing about the characters and you wrote a story about it. Its very well done.

Its obvious that this fic is not gonna have what we call a happy ending, but I dont think its meant to have anyway. Despite everything, you show very well how relationships are complicated and feelings arent just "black and white".
kafkian chapter 3 . 11/5/2009
ahaha

last line killed me. Never thought about sex as dinner but in this occasion I think it fits quite well.

Anyway, Im quite amazed by the relationship they have, never thought Humphrey would be so cold, regarding Bernard...very good chapter.

Please update!
kafkian chapter 2 . 11/5/2009
I simply loved the beggining of this chapter. It was really well done. And Im so happy that you decided to continue this fic. Bernard and Humphrey are perfect together!
kafkian chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
wow thats a good start. Its funny because I always thought Bernard should be the "aprentice", the one who had more reservations concerning their relationship. Great chapter. Please update!