Reviews for Let it Burn
StarTrail chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
sad...but still good. I liked it.
wondergirl257 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Oh wow that's so angsty and heavy and omg topher
YaoiIsMyDrug.23 chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Grammar Defender chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
This story - my goodness, this story was just... this was incredible. Adelle and Topher were /perfect/. The drawing on the pod, wall, the symbolism, the attention to detail (the chocolate bar, specifically)... it just worked so well for this.

I think your formatting got screwed up somehow around the "whizz whizz" bit (and really anywhere where you tried to put italics), but there weren't any blatantly obvious grammatical errors that I could spot - not that I was looking too hard.

Also, I don't know if you're familiar with Buffy the Vampire Slayer (another show by Joss Whedon), but I like how the title recalls the last line of a particularly depressing birthday episode. I don't recall the exact one, but it ends with Buffy deciding not to blow out the candles on her cake and to just "let them burn." I don't know if the connection is intentional or not, but I like it regardless.

A marvelous story. Thanks!

Grammar Defender
Farbeyondthegrave chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Oh man. Getting into this show I did not expect these intense Topher feels. I love this, great writing
xfirefly9x chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Brilliant!
Genim Stilinski chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Wowz. I love it!
ladyredraven chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
This is a heart-wrenching, believable story. It is easy to visualize this happening in the gap of 'present-day' and Epitaph One. Topher's changed state of simplicity and a child's view of the world in absolutes is conveyed effectively. Adelle has the right balance of sternness and compassion. And though we know she has a heart, it's nice to see that peek through as it does here.

Excellent job!
GirlwithSword chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
So sweet and gut-wrenching. Poor Topher, even if he did start the end of the world
dollfan chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Beautiful... well written... moving... I could go on. :) I think the best part was how Topher's state of mind was of of guilt/pain but the extra childlike-ness of it really added to it.

5/5 stars.