Reviews for The Hand That Feeds
aw, I love the Lightwoods siblings! 3
penguincrazy chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Loved this story!
caz15th chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
This is simply an amazing story. While many other fandoms have an abundance of people who simply "get" the characters, the Mortal Instruments series seems to be beyond the understanding of the vast majority of writers. You, however, are a brilliant exception. It didn't matter that the story was short: you used just as many words as you needed to, and no more, to bring the Lightwood teenagers to life in true Cassandra-Clare style.

Isabelle is SPOT ON in your characterisation, an odd mixture of fire, tenderness and spunk that most authors really find difficult to master. Alec is equally as well done, much quieter than his sister, but just the right mixture of concern and brotherly care. I love the way you had Jace interrupt them, a throwback to his cockiness in an oddly vulnerable fashion that perfectly suits what his mindset was like at the time in the book. I have to say, my favourite is definitely Isabelle in this one: you truly portray her as if she was real, as real as she was in Cassandra's books. I love it!

As one reviewer said, this one shot could fit absolutely seamlessly into the City of Glass. If I saw it in my copy of the novel, I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference, it's that perfect.

Well done, and keep writing! I'm looking forward to more of your stories. :D

- Caz
mellark chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Short but sweet.

Reads as if it was an outtake from CoG.

Loved it :D
LoveTheBoyWithTheBread chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
This is great!

You've got talent :)

and the title, very creative!
Neon Genesis chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Oh, how I absolutely adore the Lightwood siblings. (Jace included, naturally.)

Especially when they're in-character. :D I haven't tried yet, but I can't imagine it's easy to pull off. So, good job, you! -throws confetti-

Thank you for sharing! :)
BellaBaby2813 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
That...was cute. :)
Mirra Mirra chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
I would like to thank you for being one of the few Mortal Instruments writers that actually make their characters in-character. I was so happy when I found your three one-shots on here, that I almost laughed.

So many writers make Jace this bipolar mess, that I've started giving up. The fact that you have gotten Jace, Alec AND Isabelle down in this one, makes me have hope for this section again. Thank you!

everetza chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Once again, flawless style, these stories flow so well it makes it easy to put yourself in the world :) (btw I love your line where it says' guided, well, pushed really, but her intentions are good so...' XD Thanks for another great story!
lish chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I really like this :) you wrote it really well, and everything makes sense...I like how you wrote about something that was not written in the story but might have happened, and the characters are very in character, lol. sorry for rambling, but you are good at writing!
fiesa chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Wow -

Your story is really nice! I especially liked the part you also posted as a summary - Izzy trying to torture Jace into eating her food I think I have a quite vivid imagination, and it just ran wild when reading those lines...

The reason why I like this story is that it isnt - even if you said it was unusual for you - absolutely Clary&Jace- centered. Well, obviously the latter is the main character (or the main problem?) but there are enough fan fictions about them both. I really like the Lightwood siblings and your story demonstrates how much they care for Jace. The fact Jaces thoughts are unknown to the reader add to the story, too, because one has to guess what hes thinking.

Nicely done!
OmgAdot chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
i was laughing at the end. Great ending! liked it a lot.
Gowi chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Wow. That was really good - and I mean it. Maybe you could write another like it? Please?
aquamysticwriter chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Aw poor jace i hope isabelle has gotten better at cooking
ronnie chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
cute - like your take to "hidden" parts of the book's story; made me go back and read the chapter