Reviews for I Wrote a Letter
Adlet chapter 2 . 9/17/2013
Woah. That was intense...
Loved it, by the way. These two are great! Both letters and build-up seemed accurate, too!
Thanks SO much for writing this! Made my day, no mater how dark and sad the second one was!
Vaporeone chapter 2 . 6/30/2011
I've been a big fan for years, when I found you were the one of the few that write my favorite pairing(s) for Frontier. Anyways...

I don't know what it is about this story. I actually want to watch Frontier again cuz I loved the twins so much. I think I've just been so skewed by my fangirl perception that Kouji is a butt and Kouichi is the sweetest guy around, that I never thought they could be the other way around (or that I've forgotten in Kouichi's case).

I love the concept for this story, it reminds me of a hobby I have, writing letters to a future me. Your story is short but has so much depth... it's amazing.

Keep writing! I check your page every few days in hopes there's SOMETHING new.
CandyDreamQueen chapter 2 . 5/10/2011
Oh wow. I'm really glad to be reading something new from you. Where do I begin?

This was very interesting. I loved how there were so many similarities in both of the boys’ letters even though one was about love and the other was about hate. Like how they both felt the need to apologize for hating their parents. It gave the story a great sense that both letters could have been written by either boy, had the rolls been reversed.

Watching Digimon and learning of what the story was between Kouji and Kouichi I always found the idea that parents would split their children up this way to be very odd. It's been a while since I watched Frontier so I don't recall all of the details, but I always found it interesting that Kouji was led to believe his real mother was dead and knew nothing of Kouichi, while Kouichi eventually found out about Kouji. You would think knowing something like that would cause a lot of hurt and resentment in a child and I think you captured that idea beautifully in Kouichi's letter.

I really loved Frontier, but I hated the way it ended without giving resolution to that particular story. Clearly the parents didn’t want the two of them to know about each other. I would have liked to have seen how they reacted to Kouji and Kouichi meeting each other. Also the show put way more focus on Kouji having a relationship with their mother and almost none on Kouichi having one with their father. And as far as I remember Kouichi never made mention of wanting to meet their father, but really wanted Kouji to meet their mother. Based on that fact, and on the fact Kouichi clearly adored his mother and wanted Kouji to as well, I would not find it hard to believe that he hated their father and wanted nothing to do with him.

Well I suppose now I’m just musing and not really offering a review, so to bring myself back on topic I’ll end by saying I think you did a wonderful job of creating a believable scenario for what type of feelings these two characters might have had towards their parents, and as I do most of your fics, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Candice
StrawberryParfait chapter 2 . 5/4/2011
OMG you're alive :'3 About a month ago I came here because I missed your stories. Anyway, I like Kouichi's letter alot, perhaps because I can relate to it. It's everything that I could and would say to my own father. You're fantastic at capturing the tone so perfectly. You truly are gifted. :) I miss your work! D:
Kimiko Heroux chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
i really love this story. it's really passionate and truely captures Koji's mourning for his mom that you can just see in the anime without him saying it. great job!
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
This had a kind of nice ending, for being so serious the rest of the way through. You really got into Kouji's head well.