Reviews for Shuffing Destiny's Cards
Anya chapter 4 . 11/3/2009
You definitely made me feel. I think I almost cried when Arthur begged Gaius not to take him. And I NEVER cry at anything (even those really sad movies). AMAZING job! I was hoping Merlin wouldn't die, like his magic would heal him or something. But OH MAN, this chapter! Wow. That is all I can say. Update soon!
schnabeldame chapter 4 . 11/3/2009
goal achieved.
unicorndiva chapter 4 . 11/3/2009
Merlin actually died! Oh my! I was nearly in tears as I read this chapter! Definitely wondering what will happen now. Please update soon.
BonGarland chapter 3 . 11/2/2009
it's just so amazingly written! I'm so on edge waiting for more!
Sioux99 chapter 3 . 10/31/2009
Hi

Enjoying the story very much, however, just one tiny point, the tincture of poppy is not rare in England and it has been collected and used for many centuries. Still is in some places.

Sioux
schnabeldame chapter 3 . 10/31/2009
More please ;)

can't wait for the next installment...
stundenglas chapter 3 . 10/31/2009
I feel like crying. Merlin doesn't deserve this. And neither does Arthur. But nonetheless, extremely good written. I hope, there will be an unlikely chance. For both of them.
MegElemental chapter 3 . 10/31/2009
Ok, so Merlin's got the poppy stuff, but what about the woman in the breech birth? Will she get it too? Great chapter, and I hope Merlin lives!

Keep updating,

Meg
MagicByMerlin chapter 3 . 10/31/2009
Here are the quote which had me in tears:

1. Arthur realized he loved his silly, clumsy, wonderful friend. So much. And it hurt.

2. As Merlin’s whole frail body shook; tears tracked down his pale face. Arthur couldn’t stand it, giving in to his desire to touch his friend. Gently cupping Merlin’s face in his hands Arthur stroked away the tears. It seemed as his wiped them from Merlin they alit on his own face. Arthur roughly swiped at his own cheek with the back of a hand.

I actually am crying now...if you kill Merlin, I'll be in floods of tears...DON'T DO IT! HE MUST LIVE!

I am SOO super glad that my last review spurred you on to write this one extra fast - which might I just add is a great weight off my chest because I REALLY wanted to know what happened next. So since I want the next chapter PRONTO, I shall give you some more feedback. After all, I myself hate it when people read the story you put heaps of effort into and don't even bother to put a measly word in the review box. It annoys me greatly.

Okay...dum dum dum... *goes back to beginning of chapter*

Ah, yes, Arthur doesn't like people staring at him. This is very in character because he's like that - he doesn't like people seeing inside him, all his emotions. And especially when it includes Merlin. He's so offhand when it comes to that.

And now to Merlin himself...HOW CRUEL CAN YOU GET TO OUR DEAR LITTLE WARLOCK? My answer is not cruel enough. The more angst the better in my opinion. Live by the moto BE EVIL - cause it's fun. I am looking forward to more cruelty to Merlin.

And now Arthur is faced with a choice. Save this poor woman, or his loyal friend...? THE FRIEND, YOU PRAT, THE FRIEND! WHO CARES ABOUT THIS WOMAN? Save. Merlin. Or. Else. AND DON'T YOU DARE TELL HIM DIFFERENTLY, GAIUS! :-

And as a final plea, PLEASE don't kill Merlin. Or if you have to, then bring him back to life. Of course you always COULD kill him and then have a somewhat distressed Arthur crawling through the castle, dying of grief. That would be fun. *evil grin*

MBM
Elaine du Lac chapter 3 . 10/31/2009
Oh gods! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I read these last two chapters and staring nearly unblinkingly at the computer screen. It was bloody intense! I like how Arthur had a somewhat public meltdown, showing the servants a side of him they had never seen before, and revealing a bit of the two boy's friendship to other eyes. I always like it when a really dramatic, tragic scene like that had some audience other than the reader to appreciate it. I wonder if you will include a bit of what the servants and grooms think of what they had witnessed in the next chapter or so? Will you? Please?
Pendragon.P a s s i o n chapter 3 . 10/30/2009
zOMG!

lov it! every chappie just gets betterer and betterer!

UPDATE RLY RLY SOON PLzZ!

.com
Wileret chapter 2 . 10/30/2009
Dammit horse. Horses are really beautiful but can be dangerous. A kick can be your dead. And it seems is going to be Merlin,s and Arthur is breaking down. He can't believe that his friend -his BEST friend- is going to die. It's a pity that he's now realizing that he have treated him too bad.

see you~
MagicByMerlin chapter 2 . 10/30/2009
OMG, I was at the edge of my seat through the entire thing! And I know people use that as a metaphor for excitement, but I REALLY HONESTLY TRULY was teetering on the edge of my PC chair, biting my nails! I honestly thought he was gonna die for a moment there, and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, IT DID. This is too awesome for description, but I'm gonna give it a go because I want the next chapter. Preferably soon. The in which you write everyone's feelings...the words you use and the order you put them in...the metaphors...the idea itself...the simply FANTASTIC angst...EVERYTHING was amazing.

Here are a few of my favourite quotes - legendary these are:

Quote One: Arthur was suddenly freezing; he felt empty — bereft — without Merlin’s small, warm presence in his arms. (Aww...that's so perfect... )

Quote Two: He knew the reason. He had no idea, not one iota how to show affection. In his heart of hearts, Arthur treasured his most-endearingly-imperfect Merlin. (SQUEAL, it's too perfect!)

Quote Three: Merlin couldn’t die! It was unthinkable, they were meant to be together, damn it all. The two of them, slowly turning to wizened old men. Merlin had become a fixture in all of Arthur’s imaginings of the future. (*snigger* Hehehe, I can so imagine them as grey old men still exchanging witty banter. XD Oh, that's a sight I simply MUST see. AND MERLIN STILL WITH HIS SCARF! XD)

Okay, and now this review comes to an end... :(

I hope you continue to write Merlin-angst fics long after this one has ended. I simply caNOT WAIT for the next chapter! UPDATE SOON! :D

MBM
MegElemental chapter 2 . 10/30/2009
Oh God, poor arthur, poor merlin, Arthur's only just realized how important he is to him! Brilliant chapter, though, really well written. Keep updating,

Meg
jmor chapter 2 . 10/29/2009
I'm loving this story. I can't wait to read more.
225 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 Next »