Reviews for Shuffing Destiny's Cards
oma13 chapter 6 . 2/23/2014
Just found this and hated it. Good writing but I don't read death fics. I wished you had labeled it as such, then I wouldn't have started reading it...as Merlin died...I left the story. I thought for sure Kilgharra would heal him or something and it would be a reveal. Sorry, excellent writing but much too sad for me...and what does that do for their destiny?
eilonwy77 chapter 4 . 2/15/2014
I'm crying, so I guess you've succeeded in your goal to make the reader feel. :-(
Kangarooney chapter 6 . 1/30/2014
That last line... GAH.

I love you darling, you made Arthur and Uther's relationship blossom. That was beautiful.

-Kangarooney-
Kangarooney chapter 5 . 1/30/2014
You killed me. No. You killed Merlin; you killed Arthur; you killed Gaius; you killed everyone. Damn it! You even killed Uther. You broke their hearts, you brought back memories of the Queen's death.

You're fragging brilliant.

I've read so many death!fics where Merlin dies and Arthur cries, and Gaius quits, and Gwen yells, and so on and so forth. But never before have I seen UTHER-fragging-Pendragon respond to his son's grief with compassion, love, and understanding. Here you have what could have any other 'Merlin is dead, we can't possibly go on' fic, BUT YOU CHANGED THAT by adding in the ONE element that no one ever thought of before: Uther.

You are BRILLIANT.

And so, because Uther was shown to be a human being like all the rest of us, you broke my heart, unlike all the other - excluding the first few - death!fics I've read. And if you didn't cry while writing this... well Uther's human, but YOU'RE not.

I believe you accomplished what you set out to achieve.

-Kangarooney-
fariedragon chapter 6 . 1/9/2014
I cried though out the story especially when Arthur took care of Merlin's body. I held on to my comments with hope that Merlin survived but alas my hope was diminished and faded into nothing. I love your writing style with this as it is not out of character for Arthur or Merlin. Thank you.
Cheers chapter 6 . 1/4/2014
Goddamnit I cried. Bravo, author.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/20/2013
Just read this for the second time. The first was ages ago. Still brilliant, and still makes me cry.
Lovely-chan chapter 6 . 12/9/2013
Your stories always make me cry like an idiot. I guess that is why I love them since I am too a fan of angst. I also like funny and happy endings thou. Lol this was very beautiful and well written.
Darkened.Weakness chapter 6 . 11/30/2013
Ah. Why does it hurt so much? It was so good and so painful and ahh.

Fantastic. And now I'm just going to go cry for a few hours.
Time Lady Evangeline chapter 6 . 11/19/2013
I love you, and hate you. I read this at school today and just UGH my friends were going crazy at how I shushed them and kept reading. They tried to take my tablet from me multiple times. I just... WOW. I started it in Spanish class, not even checking to see what it was about (I was going through the Limp!Merlin community) and gasped several times. IT'S ALWAYS SO MUCH HARD TO HANDLE WHEN YOU CAN'T FANGIRL OUT LOUD. But seriously, great writing, great ideas, great pain, great everything. IT HURTS SO MUCH. Thank you, my friend, for a wonderfully painful experience.
ciara chapter 6 . 11/18/2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO MERLIN i loved the ending btw
ciara chapter 5 . 11/18/2013
This is just a dream i am crying thanks alot
ciara chapter 2 . 11/18/2013
I am desprately holdig back the tears please merlin dont die
Cookie-the-Rookie chapter 6 . 10/26/2013
This Is amazingly depressing. You made me feel what they were feeling and I was so afraid and sad for all of them.
gr-ace chapter 6 . 10/2/2013
Oh god. Oh GOD. This did things to me. I read it last night and I'm still not over it. The way you set it up... everything about the moments after the trampling - the blood, the choking, the sightless stare, the twitching, the convulsions, the panic, the way Arthur holds him but doesn't know what to do and is *so* lost... the fear and confusion, Arthur losing control in the stables, the way he turns hopeful at the sight of Merlin moving but is crushed when he realizes the truth... the mourning process, Arthur having to come to terms with reality, the parallel to Uther's loss when Ygraine died... GOD, Uther caring and lowering himself over a servant because of his son's grief... the lingering pain in his hand when he holds his sword to remind him, because Arthur is a knight and his sword is a vital part of who he is and what he represents and now it's connected with Merlin and what happened and the lessons he learned and god the symbolism just kills me... basically just EVERYTHING about this is perfect and lovely in a morbid and sad way and I'm in love with it.
222 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »