Reviews for Inferno
lemondropseverus chapter 4 . 6/24/2011
Oh, poor miss Bat, having a mini-panic attack. I just love her character, both in cannon and in your Inferno. She is so completely random and insane that even in the most dire of situations she manages to bring a smile on the reader's face.

Also, the Alchemist's Shield was a very nice plot twist. Once again, showing what a truly wonderful imagination you have.

I like Mildred for once being in a position that has a modicum of authority and putting her ideas forward, without being yelled at for once. Also, kudos for making two of my most favourite characters appear: Algie and Egbert.
lemondropseverus chapter 3 . 6/24/2011
Amelia was grateful that her deputy headmistress was completely and utterly unfazed by anything. The school had been transported to Hell, she'd suffered a terrible injury and seen it heal before her eyes, but by the time they had reached the relative safety of Cackle's stone walls, Constance was already forming a plan of action.

Spot-on. I also loved the slight sacrasm in your opening phrase.

It is nice to see the staff of Cackle's take action against Agatha, and I am glad that you included Mr Blossion and Mrs Tapioca in the bunch. In too many stories they are completely ignored and it is very nice to see that it isn't so in yours. I also appreciated that, despite being at an obvious disadvantage, they both chose to stay. It shows how deeply devoted to the Academy they are.

The ending scene between Ethel and Sybil was beautiful. As an older sister myself, I found Ethel's response most appropriate.

"And since one of us has got the chance to get out, it makes no sense for both of us to be... for both of us to stay, I mean."

This line was one of the best in the chapter. It showed Ethel in a much more different light than cannon, and I loved that. It is good to see that even someone who is purely selfish most of the time, can have some instances where she is completely selfless.
lemondropseverus chapter 2 . 6/24/2011
Amelia and Constance, marching together side by side to confront Agatha, was such an appropriate response from both of the characters! One of my favourite characters in the series is HB, and the dialogue that wsa exchaged between her and Amelia before meeting Agatha was so very true to her character.

"I wonder, Amelia, who is really in charge of Cackle's?"

A most wonderful line. I think all that have watched the TV show have wondered at some point the same thing. Also, Amelia's response to the provocation summed up the relationship between her and her deputy pretty nicely.

Agatha is truly evil. This is the second chapter in the story and I already what to punch her for what she did to Constance's fingers:))Stirring emotion in your readers, is a testimony of what a good writer you are.

Once again, your ideas and the way in which you make the concept's of Dante's Divine Comedy yours, speak mountains of what a vivid imagination you have. Beautyful writing style and the dialogue was truly exceptional very life-like.
lemondropseverus chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Hello,

I have read the trilogy once before and as I absolutely loved it, I feel it is only fitting to review it properly.

First, I love how you have used Faust and Dante's Inferno as an inspiration. Both works of fiction are some in of my favourites.

The introductory chapter was good and had everything that an exposition should have. It was descriptive, intriguing and made the reader wish to read more.

I also like how you are using Mildred's talent. It is so very different from what I have seen from others, who just limit themselves to making her bring drawings to life.

Agatha making a pact with the devil. An intriguing and interesting premises for a story. It also promises that the story will be much darker that the TV show and the books (understandably as they are both aimed at young audiences) which is good to read.

Lemondrop
Rick-Is-The-Man chapter 18 . 3/8/2011
Hello, I've been reading your faboulous fic and i noticed that there is an alternative ending? i was wondering if i could see it please?

BTW, i totally love this fic. *GRINS*
HB's Favourite chapter 28 . 7/17/2010
I've only just read this, and I can honestly say it was the best thing I've read on FF, and better than most books I've ever read. The well thought out plot, the cameraderie of the characters, the pace, the humour and the horror... you don't need to hear it, you KNOWS it! I am very envious of your writing ability and I sincerely hope you're thinking of writing for a living. (Sorry for the long paragraph - I'm reviewing via mobile phone and there doesn't appear to be a "new para" function!)
Princess Sammi chapter 28 . 1/23/2010
*Sammi apologises immensely for taking so long to review but after uni exams she has finally caught up with the last 6 chapters of Inferno* :D :D

Brava, Dahling!

*Sammi gets two dozen bunches of Dahlias and hands them to Kimmeth*

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THE MYSTERY SURROUNDING HB's FINGERS WAS AN ILLUSION! I NEVER saw that coming.

And I'm also REALLY intrigued to whether or not there was any signifacance in the Devil referring to HB as Pandora? (which, as you revealed earlier is her middle name)

Your way of writing it so descriptive,entertaining (like the ending. LOL just brilliant) and enthralling that it sucks you straight into the story, and it seems so lifelike that I was believing it was all true.

Your characterisation is spot on for all the characters and I especially loved all the scenes told from HB's point of view.

You are most definetely up there in my favourite authors in this fandom and look forward to reading more of your works.

One is immensely looking forward to the reading (and reviewing) of Pandora's Box.

*applauds for no less than 30 minutes*

Princess S

xx
Nina1985 chapter 28 . 12/12/2009
Great Ending, I certainly have enjoyed reading it! I can't wait for your next WW story!
The Half Cast Mourne Posh Girl chapter 28 . 12/11/2009
*sobs*

*grabs kleenex*

*sobs harder*

OMG I CANT BELIEVE ITS OVER!

*sobs again*

*Grabs Charlie and squeezes*

*Dog starts yelping and gasping for air*

*Lets go of dog and regains composure*

OK! before i start rambling i must point out the i have also used 'Evangeline' in my story lol its such a coincidence *points out i actually got the name from nanny mc phee and loved it ever since* Im sure you can guess who gets the name lol

*points out the name is in the chapter in waiting*

OK! ON WITH THE REVIEW!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG times a million infinity!

First of all, YOU MADE ME CRY! but, you did get my mind off a certain sewing machine that i was tempted to throw out the window for being an annoying sod :D

I THOUGHT YOU KILLED HER, YOU ARE DEVIOUSLY DEVIOUS DO YOU KNOW THAT!

Chapter 26 ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I LOVED EVERY WORD (so i cant actually give any copy and paste references)

chapter 27:

'“You don’t think that I’m giving up, do you? Just walking away like this? I mean, I’ll never be able to cast spells or anything like that, my power is only useful when someone else uses it, but still... It feels cowardly, just wanting to give it up and walk away.”' i could really sense her self doubt and the fact that CONSTANCE HARDBROOM was the one to say she wasnt a coward made it even more effective

Chapter 28: Epilogue

Dellas letter from her real mum, Isabella MADE ME CRY! I NEAR KILLED THE DOG! (although i guess thats the effect you wanted, well obviously not a dead dog but... you get the point)

'Evangeline' I NEAR CAUGHT MY FINGER IN THE SEWING MACHINE WHEN I READ THIS! I THOUGHT WOW! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!

'Amelia herself was still privately grieving the loss of her twin.' I'm glad you put this in, I know that the loss of a family member can be traumatic, even if they were slightly on the crazy evil side and constantly tried to take over your school with accusations that a will was WRONG lol :D but seriously though I'm glad she had feelings for her sister :)

'blood was thicker than water' truer words have never been spoken, I mean written. I love the emotion you put into this line, it was REALLY effective

'preferring to deal with the related emotions in solitude' *tilts head to the side in wonder* is she pulling a Constance stunt? lolol

'“Deal me in, Imogen,” she said. “I bet one of Mrs Cosie’s teapots.”' You couldn't have picked a better line to finish on :D

*SOBS HARD ONCE AGAIN*

*refrains from grabbing the dog*

*Charlie give 'The Look' and walks away, wagging his tail to the sound of bags rustling*

*Grabs sewing machine instead*

OUCH! not a good idea lol

I CANT BELIEVE ITS OVER!

I would just like to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! you've kept me on my toes since day one, which i think was Halloween :) lol i was HB

anyhoo THE BIGGEST THANK YOU EVER IS SENT YOUR WAY!

*applauds*

I really think you should be a novelist though :D

YOUR AMAZING!

ABSO-FABULISTICALLY- AMAZING!

TRES BIEN!

GREAT STORY!

HOPE YOU WRITE MORE WORST WITCH SOON :D

If i dont talk to you before Christmas, Have a happy one :)

The Half Cast Mourne Posh Girl

(A.K.A CAPITAL LETTER LOVER) ;D
NextChristineDaae chapter 28 . 12/11/2009
*NCD cracks, firstly, her knuckles, then her wrists, hips, knees and ankle bones, whilst sitting in her Jacuzzi, directly beside her yacht with the medicated air-con, with her right-hand man handing her tissues for her still-moist eyes, sipping her milk, WW DVD's ready to go, and prepares to give her final *sob* review ...*

*takes a deep breath*

Oh ... my ... Oh ... my ... Oh ... my ... Now were are here ... I am not quite sure what to say or how to say it without ending up a gibbering heap, melting into my drool pool and requiring smelling salts once more!

From the VERY start of this story, you grasped me hook, line and sinker, instantly creating in me a hungry need to read more. Your talent as a writer lies in many, many aspects. The first one is a natural ability to tell a story with the same professionalism as a published author. Indeed, I have read published works that do not even come close to the standard expressed in Inferno. You also have an ability to make the reader laugh hysterically, cry hysterically, and cheer hysterically, all in the same chapter!

Your ideas, from the paper aeroplane, to the wall inside Cackle's, to the little golden snippets of humorous relief in such a spellbinding and suspenseful novel were so unbelievably unique, I swear you must exist on sheer brainpower alone through life! Everything about Inferno buzzes life; it buzzes characters, characters we know, we adore and we love. It buzzes ideas; brilliant, outstanding ideas, which take your breath away to read of them, and to see how all the little plots weave into one, creating the most visually exceptional conclusion. I say visually, because it is like reading a screenplay with you.

You fluidity of writing, your structure and your outstanding aptitude for bringing out the extras we were not privy to with the books and TV show is, in itself, a talent worthy of screaming about from rooftop turrets of Cackle's whilst balance on a broom and setting off fireworks!

As I have said before, characterisations are so spot on, I swear you must be JM in disguise! As well as the dialogue being sharp, crisp and also perfectly descriptive of the various situations. Not to mention the overall quality of the background thoughts, feelings and character perspectives.

There is also something else to mention here. Most people must realise by now, you are I are in contact. I wish to point out, despite the realms of our much-loved friendship, I NEVER say anything for the point of saying it. If I knew nothing about you, I would not – and could not – take back any single thing I have said thorough the entire reading and reviewing process, because every single syllable is true.

You are, without a doubt, one of the most amazingly talented people I have ever had the privilege to meet, and regardless of what the future holds, this, my dear, will never, I'm sure, be forgotten.

You have created a Worst Witch story that could sit happily alongside JM's original, and frankly, outsell them ten-fold!

Never, ever forget, that when you have so much talent you could fly, life is yours, and grab it with both hands, don't look back, and for God's sake, don't you EVER stop writing!

*hands Book-Prize Oscar equivalent*

NCD

X

PS: If I didn't say before, thank you so much for taking me on the journey with you. The cheque is in the post, honestly! :)
typicalRAinbow chapter 28 . 12/11/2009
Wow...I can't belive its over. It was just awsome (my drama book now has a picture of HB being all dramtic with smoky fingers rather my notes on Artard lol) and really breathtaking. Very Well Written and brilliently done. *awards you with every writing award i can think of.* :D
Aleksandra Hardbroom chapter 28 . 12/11/2009
That was funny at the end mind you. and I'm sure NCD is writing a review now. So the end was good and yet so hard to see. I cant wait for the next story you start. Great job with ethel though as she seemed a little less snoby. And the end with the poker game was LOL.
NextChristineDaae chapter 27 . 12/11/2009
*NCD is desperate to get to the next chapter, however, she is currently now adding to her drool pool with tears, so a few minutes' reflection for reviewing is needed ...*

"Egbert looked up at her, the expression in his welling eyes one of anger, accusing her of giving him false hope"

I really loved that line. It said so much about his feelings in so few words, and you have the most amazing way of being able to encapsulate a character's emotions so accurately.

And the 'waking up' line. OMG, just, possibly ... the most ... outstandingly perfect line to have!

"using the ends of his scarf to blow her runny nose"

*NCD on floor*

This reminds me of an incidence, when, as a child, one was offered her father's handkerchief whilst out walking, and upon seeing the state of said handkerchief, chose to use her clean sleeve instead!

*points out one was about six at the time; it is not a regular occurrence ...*

The entire chapter was so beautifully worded, it really was. All the little touching pieces about Constance's feelings, Amelia's feelings, and Della, oh how I have grown to adore Della. I loved her from the second you brought her into this world, and she really is the most stunningly created character!

Right, eyes are dry – onto the finale!

NCD

X
Lily Anne Olson chapter 28 . 12/11/2009
I know what Miss Cackle is feeling for i am grieving the end of this wonderful story.

*sniffs*

but this line;

“Now, if she could have saved a little bit of her awesome magic to use the next time Hecketty Broomhead decides to pay us a visit then honestly, I think HB would kiss her.”

I laughed outloud until tears were streaming down my face my sides hurt a little bit now. thanks for that :)

I have not ever been so scared, teary eyed sad and happy at the the same time while reading a story. and definatly not one story as EVER gave me a nightmare. Kudos on being the first :)

i hav nothing more to say than

*applauds, whistles grabs potion and conjurs an army of applause, cheering and bows*
typicalRAinbow chapter 27 . 12/11/2009
Oh thank god for that! I though iwas going to burst in to tears then!

This truly has been a wonderfull and gripping tale, I'm sad to see it end