Reviews for I Thought It Was My Car
Sallyannerenee chapter 1 . 5/7
The only way I survived that flashback was the way you sandwiched it with Dean being back. The middle just hurt so much. Poor Sam, love him so much.
comyna chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
I loved it!

Sorry, not much of a review. :-)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
Wow that one made me cry. I felt so sad for Sammy reading this...
Cricket Watson chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
I was going to describe how there are tears dripping down my face, but then I saw that affect has already been commented on, so I am simply contributing to the full jar of tears
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
That story makes the ipod installation so much sadder since he couldn't change the radio station or take Dean's tapes out.
AreYouSirius-questionmark chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
I literally have tears marring my beautiful face now...The waterworks started when Sam said the car is my brothers... now I have to wash my face again...
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Thanks for this beautiful missing scene about the "Ipod-ripping-and-tossing".

Loved the flash-back and, I have no idea why, but this:

"He would've gone to your car rally." Sam said quickly and gestured vaguely out to the town. "He would've tuned her up and polished her up and made sure she was the most noticed car there. He loved cars, and rock music. He – he – I can't listen to his music anymore. I can't listen to his cassettes and I can't change the channel on the radio…"

totally tore me up... Also liked how perceptive 'mom' was and that in some way she took care of Sam when noone else was there to do so. Oh and the little bit of brotherly banter at the end made everything all better again :) thanks!

Take care! Daniela
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
This was lovely - heartbreaking but very satisfying at the same time;) My heart aches for Sam, but at least he gets Dean back again:) Very good characterization - I enjoyed this.
candy-cake chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
WOW, first story to ever make me cry, I hate you and love you at the same time, so annoying ]
laughandlove chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Wow. That made me cry, and that's a very rare thing for me. I really wish the show would have delved more into the time that Sam was without Dean (not just the drunken moments of desperate bargaining at the crossroads and the scenes with Ruby that we did see), but I understand that there just wasn't time. So I'm extremely glad you posted this. You really capture the characters well, which is something a lot of people don't get quite right - it's hard to do, as Dean and Sam are such complicated boys, haha. You kept subtlety to Sam here, not over-writing or over-dramatizing anything, but his pain and hurt was just so real. That takes talent!

I hope I made some sort of sense, I sometimes ramble on a bit. Like now. But the point is that I loved this! I have to go and read more of your stories now...

TraSan chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Oh, girl, Sam's pain was palpable in this one. Thank you for bookending it with Dean being back from Hell. It made Sam's grief a little easier to bear seeing his relief and joy as well.

Nicely told!
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
We never got a glimpse of the private moments of Sam's grief.

The flashy,designed to shock episode "I know what you did last summer" was really more a preview of the budding relationship between Sam and Ruby.

But not something that showed us the day to day way that Sam grieved. And we knew he did. We knew it deconstructed him. We knew he buried a lot more of himself in that grave in Pontiac along with the body of his brother than the writers of the show had time to reveal. And the 'BIG BLANK' that gap of knowing how Sam managed the first few days and weeks right after left us all with a hole in our hearts and in our own grief too.

Thanks for filling in one of the blanks.
Visionairy chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Wow, that was really powerful! I actually found tears running down my face half way through. I also liked that, despite all Sam is going through, he still thanks the older lady. And she knew just what to do. What a great OC! I'll never think of that scene without incorporating your interpretation of it. This was a wonderful story, thanks so much for posting it!
annie200 chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
This made me cry. I think that's a good thing!
sergeantmicky chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Oh Clair, that was so heartbreaking, yet such an enjoyable read. It's so true that sometimes we open up to strangers when we just need to talk. I can totally picture Sam in this scene, doing everything just like that, having a hard time when people call the Impala his. And then putting it together with the scene in Lazarus Rising... really well done. :)