Reviews for Life Starts Now
StarKisses chapter 3 . 11/1/2009
Oh wow.

First of, STAY IN CANON! Your characters aren't acting anything like themselves. The storyline is pretty poor, as well as your portal of a rape victim.

Snape's character actually makes me sick. That was one of the worst re-makes of his person I've seen in a while. And you made Harry out to be a complete weakling with no self respect at all. Have you read the books? He's more equipped to handling painful situations then that.

Overall, I was very unhappy with what I read. Get it together and remember these aren't your characters before you start putting words on paper.
Hericus C chapter 3 . 11/1/2009
This is blatantly stupid. What teacher who knows a student has been raped by his room mate would not only do nothing about it but ensure it didn't continue to happen? This takes suspending belief for a storyline too far.
JWOHPfan chapter 3 . 11/1/2009
WOOHOOHOO Way to go Severus! Picturing Ron impotent, LOL LOL LOL that's just too funny! Nice that Sev is being honest with himself in his feelings for Harry, he simply wants to help him, in any capacity, that's such a welcome change! I look forward to more of this story!
phire and magyk chapter 2 . 10/30/2009
I really like this story and think that that alex guy is perhaps one of the sickest people I've ever seen. You do not ever wish rape upon a person no matter what they;ve done to offend you. yes, perhaps this was a little unrealistic that's a fair ppoint but live with it
JWOHPfan chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
What a great story! So much emotion, you could almost feel it! Well written!
chris chapter 2 . 10/29/2009
While I don't agree with Alex' last statement about wishing something like rape to happen to you (who would ever wish THAT on another person, that's sick!) I have to agree that you might've gone a little far with Severus' handling of the situation! It's for one completely ooc and it wouldn't've made Harry feeling save at all! But that doesn't mean that I'm accusing you of trivializing rape - it just shows that you (most fortunately!) havn't experienced such a trauma! Still, it might offend people who have been through things like that to read a story where it's not dealt with adequately. Maybe you shouldn't write about heavy stuff like that without the proper research -that might spare you ugly flames (I hope, that you don't consider my review as such!).

And why doesn't Hermione talk to him anymore? And what's gotten into Ron? I would've liked to learn a bit more about the background to the events as described in your story! Maybe you could do a sequel, or rather a prequel?
sasha chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Hello, I dont generally reveiew but I would like to compliment you on how you handled that totally uncalled for flame, I'm impressed with the way you handled quite a nasty situation and to say that not only do I think Alexs acusations are uncalled for I enjoyed this story.
kayleen chapter 2 . 10/28/2009
Love the story was very good u sould keep going at it i want to know what happen next and to alex if u r reading harry and severus it gose 2 whys them as lovers or daddy and son there r mine storys with heavy rape in them this was not bad to what i read on this site all she did was touch on it a little bit
Alex chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
This was okay until the end. I think you have a very unrealistic portrayal of a rape victim. Harry would not have been comfortable with Snape, who has always verbally abused him and mistreated him, touching him sexually. This kind of thing always infuriates me. It makes rape out to be 'not a big deal.' The trauma from a rape can last for YEARS and people like you, who make it out to be such a little thing, just make me sick. It reminds me of those people who stood around and watched, not helping, while a girl was gang raped for 2 hours. Rape is a big deal and you don't get over it so quickly. If you think like that, you deserve to have it happen to you!

"Severus replied nuzzling his neck, ‘I want you.’"
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4