Reviews for 40k: ToyHammer
anaknangfilipina chapter 22 . 5/25/2010
Amazing. I just got done reading you're whole story so far, and I wished that I read this sooner. Overall, I really liked how you portrayed the characters. In my eyes, you've given the battling forces of Order and Orks an even pace when it came to them cohabitating or tolerating one another.

I also enjoyed how you expressed the great powers of Chaos. Like how Chaos normally works, you let them influence the minds of normal sized humans that really are a problem for an out of shape character like Micheal and his friends. And at the same time, you showed everyone that Chaos is a powerful force to be reckoned with.

But, I was wondering something as I read your story. I won't lie. I love the Orks much more than the rest so, I'm annoyed that it looked like they didn't get enough of the spotlight. Even when the awesome team-up between the Orks and the Order forces, they really didn't have a whole lot of time to shine. Maybe it had something to do with the Imperium forces counting for half of the miniature armies. Maybe, you could give each clan their own Warboss so there could be more Orks in the spotlight. Although, I don't know if it'll work since you said that you're busy.

Also, I think you missed out on some opportunities to put the Orks in a position where they would have been perfect, without looking like they were forced into it. For example, in Chapter 13 and 14, that would have given the Orks a chance to send their Commandos with Mike and Vincent, especially if the Blood Axes clan were around.

In short, I liked your story but, I'm biased when it comes to the Orks. I really them to shine. Other than that, you right an awesome story. Keep up the awesome job. And for the omake, have you considered doing one for April Fools or Halloween. I can see the Ordo Malleus freaking out that humans are dressing in scary and demonic-looking costumes and try to purify them.
DarkghostX chapter 2 . 5/24/2010

Dude I fucking love this story. Keep writing.
The Amazing Chicken Dinner chapter 22 . 5/18/2010
Cool story Bro
Norwest chapter 22 . 5/17/2010
Again, very cool. I have to ask, though, what's the basic setup of Mind War? It seems to be happening in the psyker's minds, but Im not really sure how its playing out based on what Ive seen so far. A little more info, please?
HAL-9001 chapter 22 . 5/15/2010
So if the Grey Knights are the Hammer, does that mean that it's...Hammer Time? I could see Silverite breaking down to that tune. "Can't touch this...*dakka*"
Silvertie chapter 22 . 5/13/2010
I'm suprised such a cabbage sorcerer managed to survive that long by being that gullible.

Another top-notch chapter there.
Isak922 chapter 22 . 5/12/2010

What else can I say?

I love the new aspect that your story is taking. Showing the backgrounds of characters, as well as showing how malleable the Warp really is. Ishabeth is also easily one of my favorite characters now. So much awesome! Who doesn't love a chick who can throw Chimera's and Leman Russ battle tanks?

And while I wasn't huge into the idea that a "regular" guy like Michael could fool a Space Marine... Never mind a Tzeentch Chaos Sorcerer... I do understand how he could. They seek knowledge and power... For all he knew, "Ninja" could be some ancient Terran word for some crazy weapon of sorts.

All in all, one more excellent chapter added to this story! And definitely looking forward to the next one... I love me some Grey Knights!
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 22 . 5/11/2010
He’s running through the worst experiences of the assembled Imperial Psykers? Troops who have faced ‘horrors beyond normal comprehension’? How the hell is he still sane?

Also, borrowing the Imperial talent for a moment, this does seem to have taken a step or two away from the ‘minihammer’ direction. Granted, it can’t be all Titan Michael playing wrathful god meting out righteous fury to his enemies on the battlefield. Nor can it be figuring out what the hell you do with tiny versions of the most advanced and deadly weaponry the galaxy has yet to offer (personally, I’d go for pest control. Space Marines/Guardsmen/ whatever vs cockroach infestation, termites, or that one ant nest you know is in you front room but can never find. You’d never have to worry about pests again. And, because of the high protein content of insects, the troops would never go hungry, either.), but this is a rather unusual plotline. Unique, almost.
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 21 . 5/11/2010
The Emperor of Mankind... is a little girl. And is ‘pwning’ a daemon ‘Titan’. They had better hope no Chaos survive this encounter, otherwise...

Chaos Marine: Hah, your Emperor was a girl.

Space Marine: So? He still kicked hell out of you!

CM: Yeah, but he used to be a girl!

SM: STFU, Heretic scum! At least I didn’t get my ass handed to me by a little girl!

CM: Well it was the False-Emperor, for Warp’s sake!

Yeah, the Imperium would never live that down. Also, who was the last person you were thinking of there? I got Jesus, St. George, Joan of Arc, and... Churchill? Or maybe that bloke who campaigned against slavery?
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 20 . 5/11/2010
Wait, WHAT! I am sorry, forgive me if I have misunderstood, but am I to believe that the Emperor was speaking to Batel? Now, again, I may have the timeframe wrong here, but I do not believe the shamans have committed mass suicide yet, and so cannot be reincarnated together as the Emperor. So how the hells is he speaking to her? Even if it is the 40K Emperor, the one stuck in the Golden Throne in the other universe/time, I don’t believe he really takes an active role in events. Even when the entire history of Humanity is at risk.
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 19 . 5/11/2010
So, first, I would like to start off by saying that this idea is truly epic, and you would have to screw up writing this fairly badly for me to even consider stopping reading. And as far as I can see, you are a long way off from doing that.

Also, I must congratulate you on your incredibly well researched depictions of the WH:40K creatures. Possibly the only exception (that I have read so far), would be the Necron omake. As I recall, you state that the Necron’s ‘hated’ life because, if anything, they were jealous. This is not true. They simply believe that death is a better way of, well, life, much in the same way that the Tau believe in the Greater Good. Although, the Necrons have a divine mandate to go out and slaughter the living. Also, I am not entirely sure that they would have emotions, or even the ‘shadows’ of emotions, as you said, but I will admit that that point is debatable.

There is also the fact that, whilst you did not mention it explicity, you have implied knowledge of the fact that Slaanesh only gets born some point later on (Granted, I do not know the exact timeframe, but I am fairly certain that at this point the Eldar have not yet fallen to Slaanesh’s birth pains), as otherwise it makes little sense that Batel (how do you pronounce that, by the way), would summon Tzeentch (Honestly, yes he is the ‘Changer of Ways’, but he is the god of Chaos itself, for crying out loud! She would be just as likely to be granted a skull of liquid fire {happened in WH:Fantasy}, as she would beauty, or any number of other, less pleasant things!), unless she was just doing the Chaos Undivided bit and summoning everyone. In which case, I would love to know how the Slaaneshi servants deal with not having an active god yet (which reminds me, I doubt very much that the Imperials would have taken so well to the idea that they are ‘before the Emperor’. This should probably be addressed in more detail at some point.).

Next, your mention of how to do a proper Waaagh! Was highly amusing. I find it hard enough to beleive that Orks would have the patience to try and teach someone how, bt actually having Tau try and have a go... Well, I can only assume that’s why you chose them. The only more amusing choice would have been the Eldar, with the exception of the (Howling Banshees, I believe) who you already have listening to heavy metal.

Actually, the only real problem I have with this story is the lack of scene changes. You do not use any designator to let us know when you are changing perspective mid-chapter. Whilst not affecting the actual storyline, it does confuse me a hell of a lot.

Oh, and I absolutely love the fact that the Eldar Farseer keeps trying to fray his soul. And that he has ‘too much soul’. But also the fact that her attempts at something usually fr worse than lethal only give him a migraine (although, I am divided as to her reading his mind. It’s amusing, insofar as the story, but in his position, the first thing I would have done would have been to have the Librarian teach me to close my mind. Mainly to stop embarrassment from what she may find in there. My mind doesn’t so much live in the sewers as visit them occasionally for fresh air. In fact, a girl reading my mind would probably be one of my worst nightmares.)

Finally, I have been ranting about this for some time...

She summoned CHAOS just to make her pretty? They’re not plastic surgeons, they’re hardened warriors and creatures of nightmare that have brought entire planets to ruin! What the hell was she thinking! They’re called the Ruinous Powers for a reason! And they do not deny that they are Traitors! What kind of stupid, moronic, harebrained idiot of a girl who...*

*Yeah,you get the idea.

P.S- You keep using the term ‘gibby’. At first, I thought it was a typo, but it’s repeated use indicates it actually means something. Might I ask what?
AutoRawr chapter 22 . 5/10/2010
Good stuff, I'm enjoying the battles through the individual characters' mind-scapes and individual memories. I do hope that Sohm gets one, though I understand if he doesn't get one.I have an idea or two, if you're interested.

At any rate, a proper review will suffice: the battles are great and the character development is moving along at a nice clip. Not totally enjoying the fan-service myself, but if I was able to get "up-close-an-personal" with an Eldar Farseer, I would. So, hypocrite me, rolling on: I also enjoy how the battles are nice and pitched, with no side being the clear victor. The imperials are good, the aliens are good - the only thing lacking is more incidents of friendly fire.

Millenia of killing each other is going to create some foul-ups, but I see your logic, they've probably grown a little complacent. Bloody heretics.

The orks are (naturally) perfect.

Uh, your grammar and spelling needs a little work, but that's resolved with a good beta reader, so invest in one of those.(I wouldn't mind being considered, FYI) Also, the litanies are particularly piquant and capture the Imperium's attitude, though the one I have read in this chapter sounded a little like a child's rhyme.

Keep up the good work.

Your eternal lurker,

Ranwulf chapter 22 . 5/10/2010
Yes, finally! The Grey Knights! The mighties of the badass are coming! I love these guys. Nice Work as always man!

guardsman101 chapter 22 . 5/10/2010
kickass as always
Gear-2557 chapter 22 . 5/10/2010
The fact that the sorcerer fell for the same trick twice and forgot that he was on a Blackship, only two words man "Comedy Gold". I laughed so hard this chapter I fell off my chair. BTW great reference to Commissar Cain, you should do it more often.
856 | « Prev Page 1 .. 34 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 54 .. Last Next »