Reviews for In The Blink of an Eye
Pippa chapter 10 . 6/28/2013
Great story. Like Illya I'm still not sure what's real and what's not. I'm off to find the rest of your stories. Great work.
Avery1 chapter 10 . 11/15/2011
This is a brilliant story. I loved the existential direction you took with it, very much like "Inception," or perhaps one or two of the STTNG dream-within-a-dream scenarios.

I have to say that I felt the ending was too abrupt, and a bit dissatisfying. It felt too simplistic after the incredible depth of the previous chapters. Nevertheless, I loved your story, and I thank you for sharing your gifts with the MFU community. Bravo!

PS: Just out of curiosity, what is your native language. I'm pretty sure it's not English, even though your use of the language here is impeccable. Something about the rhythm, though...
Avery1 chapter 2 . 11/15/2011
It is too a day for tears, 'cause I'm sobbing my eyes out after reading this chapter. Seriously brilliant. It reminds me of 'Siberian Winter," but far more intense. All I can say is WOW. And thank you for writing such a great story.
alynwa chapter 10 . 9/28/2010
This story reminded me of "Inception;" dreams within dreams within dreams. Very, very intriguing. Thank you.
TakeTimeBack chapter 10 . 5/2/2010
WOW.

I've read every MFU fic I can find online and this is among the very best IMO.

Beautifully written, facinating, and what an ending! Completely took me by suprise.

Loved it!3

And thanks a lot for switching it over to Gen, made me very happy.;) :D
perwinkle27 chapter 10 . 3/14/2010
I did not see this coming. It's a neat little wrap-up, although I'm not sure how Illya would know about the doctor coming to get Napoleon in the first chapter. But the plot was fascinating and the look into Illya'a brain mesmerizing.

I understand why you ended the story where you did - it makes sense, but I felt a little unsatisfied. I'd like to see more.
Romanse chapter 10 . 2/21/2010
I've finally had a chance to return and finish reading this story. Boy, did I enjoy the journey you took your readers on! This story did not disappoint me and I so enjoyed the mystery of it as well. I thought the resolution was creative and interesting. I may not have fully appreciated the fact that there seemed to be someone other than Napoleon that Illya trusted more, but it was different and different is good.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this gift of a MFU fic with readers. There's nothing more delicious to read than a good h/c fic. Yummy!
unutterably stupid dragon chapter 10 . 2/8/2010
powerful. good resonance on the characters. interesting extrapolation. Thanks for sharing.
karonkgb chapter 10 . 2/8/2010
Very disturbing and very well done.
LaH Carabele chapter 10 . 2/7/2010
I will admit to being a bit disappointed in the ending of this. And, being a Napoleon fan, I guess I was kind of disheartened as well by the idea that Illya ever trusted anyone more than Napoleon.

I do wonder though if this is where you intended to take this story when you first started out with it? Something tells me not.

Be that as it may though, I will say I very much like your writing style.
Solsbury Girl chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
Good gracious, I have not thought about this series in years (though I do have a special "Man from UNCLE" pen which I am certain my mother still has somewhere in the attic)

I look forward to the journey you are taking me on with this. Most sincerely.
WendieZ chapter 10 . 2/6/2010
Very nicely constructed and original. Five stars.
Lothithil chapter 10 . 2/6/2010
Fantastic conclusion! *applause*

Your characterizations are true, and your imagery is vivid and exciting. Well written! Thank you

-Loth
Curuchamion chapter 10 . 2/6/2010
Ooh, WOW.

I was at the same time excited and pretty well scared to click on the link for this last chapter, to tell you the truth... you're a darn good writer! And this is a really impressively good story. Thank you for writing!
karon chapter 9 . 2/4/2010
He was aware of the motion of firing, but not of the sound of the shot.

chilling!