Reviews for No One Belongs Here More Than You
Shikabane-Mai chapter 11 . 7/9/2012
She raised her chin, met his eyes. "I assume this is the part where I'm supposed to pretend I've never met you before."
Richard looked genuinely shocked for a moment. "You're a traveler?"

Ahh, fantastic introduction of Richard and the concept of there being time travelers.

"That wasn't a very good idea."
Juliet smirked. "You should see the trees."

You captured Juliet-snarkiness!

"Latet anguis in herba." A snake lies in the grass.

Ugh, ugh. I like how you put this line in here already and it becomes so much more significant when the whole traitor/Nicholas thing happens.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 10 . 7/9/2012
Ah, another thing I found really realistic was when Jonah asked Juliet, "When are we going home?" Like this whole time we were in Juliet's mind, seeing her thoughts about the island and anything associated with it and to her, the island is anything but home. But it makes so much sense that obviously to Jonah, who has only known the island his entire life, he'd think it was home.

Oh, Juliet remembering James and everything in the flashback and her screaming at the island about why it was keeping her here. Juliet has her breakdown. :'(
Shikabane-Mai chapter 9 . 7/9/2012
"Fake it 'til you make it, and being happy can be a con, too. Until it's not anymore."

Oh Juliet...

The flashback with Juliet actually remembering Ben but pretending not to? Yeah, that made their interaction a little chilling.

Juliet telling Alice that she doesn't remember who Jonah's father is was sad, especially how she said that she thinks she left him behind.

I like how you put a scene with Juliet/Nicholas in there, kind of introducing his character since he'll play a larger role in future chapters.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 8 . 7/9/2012
I loved the appearance of James and seeing what he was up to. Him remembering and immediately searching up Juliet was so, so heartbreaking. I was happy that you had him with Clementine.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 7 . 7/9/2012
"And she's just letting herself fade into the background."

Ahh, another Juliet characterization you do. Totally her. Oh and the way you have constantly saying she's fine to other people when she isn't. Another withdrawal/protection thing that's just so Juliet.

I remember being really intrigued about the headache thing when I first read the story. You kept introducing so many mysterious new elements, like the mark on her back turning black. I felt like I was watching a Lost episode, just centered around Juliet and I loved it.

Ahh, introduction of Alice. I really loved her as a character by the end, but I'll comment on that later when we get there.

Ben appearing was great.

"And emptying a gun into the person lying at her feet, and feeling no remorse whatsoever."

I remember wondering about that the first time around. It's such a sad scene when we find out what happened.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 6 . 7/9/2012
"No, Juliet, I'm fine!" Rachel laughs. "I've been totally healthy ever since you left." She gives her sister a quick hug, not noticing Juliet has frozen.

The first time I read this, I went: Oh no. Juliet stayed on the island for nothing!

But then we find out later that it isn't true. I should have expected that, you and your twists. ;)

I felt kind of sad for Juliet that she isn't able to tell Rachel the whole story about what truly happened to her. And the fact that Rachel logically wants her to contact the police and yet Juliet has to tell her not to? That's sad too. It probably doesn't make any sense to Rachel.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
Ah, another out of the loop thing. GPS and the car seat for Jonah, nice.

You know what I like? That Brian doubted Juliet. I didn't like that he didn't trust her, of course, but I found it really realistic. Rachel/Juliet reunion was great.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
Loving all the flashbacks. Juliet not really remembering, some vague memory of James and Ben, awesome. I like how you captured Juliet being out of the loop in the real world since she's been on the island for so long. The whole iPhone and security thing was a nice touch.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 3 . 7/9/2012
"And she can't cry in gratitude or joy or frustration or confusion or anything, because she can't remember anymore how to shed the mask."

One of the reasons I really like your fic, besides the twists and turns, is your characterization of Juliet. I find that a lot of people don't really write her the way her psychology works. Of all the Sawyer/Juliet or Juliet/anyone fic I've ever read, you have her spot on. You write her with this quiet angst, this inner sadness/anger, her inability to let people in because of a need to protect herself, all this bottled up emotion that she won't let out, but will eventually come out in a burst. Something like that, but yeah. I love Juliet in your fics.
Shikabane-Mai chapter 2 . 7/9/2012
Oops, so that last review was sent by me, I wasn't logged in. X)

Anyway, you know this first flashback with Richard making her go back to the night of the flaming arrows and the whole causality discussion? Yeah, that was the moment I first went: Woah. And I was already hooked.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I first read this story some years back and I loved it but I never reviewed. I've decided to reread this and well, I'm reviewing now with each chapter. :) I remember when I read the first chapter back then, I wasn't sure because I'm not typically fond of baby fics but I'm SO SO glad I decided to continue.
makealist chapter 92 . 3/2/2012
welllllll . . . I just re-read the whole durn thing (over the course of a few weeks, but still . . .). Stand by. I have a ton of thoughts on the story as whole. I'll email it b/c there's no way it's getting through this tiny box (that's what she said).

FYI, it's better reading it from start to finish than in drips and drabs serially. It sticks together so well, it's just amazing!
Arcole chapter 92 . 11/18/2011
This is wonderful and epic. Super job and very provocative. You did a phenomenal job of dealing with all the time shifts in your plot. I would so buy your book. Got one?
Jojojoanna chapter 92 . 6/29/2011
I gave up on LOST in early S3, growing bored. Didn't particularly care for Juliet. After the show complete, out on DVD, I started back. Imagine my surprise that she became my favorite character. Guess I should have stuck around just a liittttle longer . . . Now I really regret missing fandom.

I've been reading your Juliet/Jack sideways story, despite NEVER caring for that relationship (see my distaste for early S3), but I love the Juliet character so much that I gave it a go, and was blown away. I really really dug Suliet, though. I was leery of starting this story though, given the NINETY TWO (!) chapters.

So, I’ve spent most of the past 4 days reading it. And I’d been reading a book I really enjoyed! This was so much better. I really, really really regret not following it as you were publishing it.

Now for an actual review: It’s difficult to say what I liked most. I suppose I liked that, while this is a “Suliet” story, that’s not all it is. I liked Suliet parts, best, true, but I liked that there was more to the story. All the time travel wonkiness . .. your ability to keep it all together and such.

I found your characters perfectly perfect. I randomly skimmed some FF on here, and find some of it too sappy for my taste . . .and I know that’s what people like, but I never found James or Juliet to be sappy. They can be madly in love while keeping their “issues” and snarkiness.

Your new characters were awesome, too. Alice, Joe, Nick, etc.

Now I’m at a loss. What to read next? Please update your other story soon so I have something to look forward to. I will read some of your one shots, but I prefer longer stories. WRITE SOMETHING NEW! Are people still writing for this fandom? That’s me day late, dollar short.
Bella7 chapter 92 . 5/10/2011
You've single-handedly pulled me back into the chomping jaws of fanfiction. I hope you're proud of yourself. This was unbelievable.
1,055 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »