Reviews for Joes on Vacation
Phoenix Lee Evyns chapter 29 . 5/12/2014
I really enjoyed reading this story, especially how you potrayed Beachhead. I like the idea of him learning how to knit, I am a knitter myself and really enjoy it. Tending my plants and knitting are what helps me to relax and de-stress myself after an annoying day.
mkeeg91 chapter 29 . 10/16/2013
even though it was a little too much BH for me (I like him, but he's far from my favorite character), this was honestly one of the best (if not best) 'long' stories related to G.I. Joe I've EVER read on this site. At the end I was wishing that it wouldn't end!

Loved the Scarlett/Snake funin' and luvin' along with Scarlett's extended family

Great story!
bugsymutt chapter 29 . 6/30/2013
I loved this story! It was so much fun to read. It had a little bit of everything: great dialogue, a smart plot, a little bit of action, a little bit of romance, and tons of character development. This may be my favorite Beachhead story so far, because you gave such great insight into his character and why he is the way he is. I loved seeing his change from the hard-ass by-the-books drill instructor to a softer, almost vulnerable man who learned to enjoy the large family, prepare meals, express his feelings, and knit. There are so many things I liked about the fic, and it's one I will be happy to read again. I'm really glad you wrote this and I look forward to reading more of your stories.
tigerwolfspellbear chapter 29 . 6/20/2013
This was the first story I've read that really got me liking Beachhead. At the time, (I've just finished my third? reading, so this was awhile ago) I was just looking for anything that had anything to do with Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow. Plenty of Snake Eyes here! Enough to not have to scroll through half the story or jump around 500 paragraphs. I had to stop and read all of it. That meant reading about Beachhead and getting to know him. This is an excellent, funny, and highly enjoyable read. I would recommend this to anyone. It did also open me up to reading about the other Joes and that it isn't "all about the ninja", although I still love them to pieces. Favorites in this story include, but are not limited to: Snake Eyes comparing the Queen Harpy (which she shall forever now be known in my book) to the wicked witch, his and Beachhead's discussion afterwords (cheese duels!), the shopping trip (classic), Nancy saying it was a good thing Scarlett doesn't shoot guns and drive tanks, Queen Harpy getting knocked down a peg by Aunt 'Awesome' Beth, Beachhead caving in to June (those greenshirts are gonna just LOVE him when he gets back), Beachhead cooking, the dogtags, toasts (Queen Harpy behaved, miracle!), fastest way to a man's heart, the cop stop, ninja ain't getting out of bed for no shopping trip, typing chicken, the Sallah's boyfriend bit, "Frat reg's plainly state.." and Snake Eyes' response (wrong person to even go there with, Beachhead) and the story after, the bit about Snake Eyes leaving the army to play pro football (I would want to be the fly on that wall, but then my self preservation skills, they be a lackin'), Beachhead's confusion about the women watching him chop wood, showdown between Aunt Beth and Hawk (again, fly on that wall), possessive, snarky ninja at the end of chapter 25, Oscar nominations!, the cemetery, filthy debriefings (smart man!), "mutant cat ninjas" (snort), Hawk does not need visuals (but most of the rest of us don't mind), and finally, all of the last chapter!
Guest chapter 11 . 6/15/2013
Wasnt tuesday the day docters changed the danbages on his face after he saved scarlett and his head caught on fire
Guest chapter 8 . 6/15/2013
Enjoying? Your hoping Im enjoying, thats an understatment I love this
Guest chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
I think you did a great job on this fanfic its realy funny so far I cannot wait to read the rest
Autobot Chromia chapter 28 . 6/1/2013
Well, from what you describe Roadblock sounds good, but nobody beats my daddy's grillin'! He's the best, and that's no joke.
Autobot Chromia chapter 27 . 6/1/2013
Okay, I don't know a lot of sign...mainly how to cuss someone out and greet them, spell out words and count...but how would you say 'Hooters' in sign? LOL And damn, those fries sound good!
Autobot Chromia chapter 25 . 6/1/2013
I understand Snake Eyes in many ways.
1.) I SUCK AT KNITTING! My moms been knitting for over 10 years now (Crocheting as well) and is awesome at it! She even taught my homeschool group how to do it (All males except for me and my sister!)Out of all the boys, I sucked the most.
2.) You never, ever, no matter what, share fudge! Any kind, but especially peanut butter.
Autobot Chromia chapter 24 . 6/1/2013
I'm from Fort Benning! Well, my father is. I was an ARMY brat for a few years (up to about age 3 or so, so not that long). Now he's a lineman so we see him even LESS!
Autobot Chromia chapter 12 . 6/1/2013
I completely understand, BeachHead. I HATE shopping, unless it's for hunting equipment and stuff like that... Hey! Just 'cuz Imma girl doesn't mean I have to like shopping. LOL
Autobot Chromia chapter 11 . 6/1/2013
Isn't Tuesday the day the helicopter crashed and took his voice?
Autobot Chromia chapter 5 . 5/31/2013
I LOVE all the Irish going on here! I'm prominently Irish (among other things) but have always loved how Scarlet and I share the same heritage. You also just gave me a whole bunch of names to try out on my mom for my new baby brother! (1st boy out of 4 girls)
crimsonfox.01 chapter 29 . 5/29/2013
Awesome chapter! Who would have known Beachhead is human? Just so you know "sit-rep" is short form for situation report, so you didn't need to report after the "rep". Sorry, army brat here. I look forward to reading your other stories :D
382 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »