Reviews for Chapeau
CheshireCat19 chapter 1 . 9/22/2013
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE EEEE Its soooooo cute I love the ending :)
Autumn Moon Fae chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
That has to be how Enjolras, Courf and Jehan really met. Has GOT to be. :D
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Delighted applause greets this piece! Poor Jehan, getting all beaten up- but thank goodness for the Amis to come and rescue him. Just because one is eccentric doesn't mean one has no sense. Dangling upside down from trees... I loved the lines about Enjolras being "like the archangel Michael," and Courfeyrac lamenting about the money he spends on chapeaus being enough to buy a chateau.
EntirelyInsane chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
Awww, that was adorable.

And I love Joly's comments about playing piano. Strange, because that's EXACTLY how I feel. The fingers know the way, not the mind. If I concentrate too much, I mess up. It's so cool to see someone else mentioning that!
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
aw...so cute! of course, anything centering around Prouvaire has to have a certain amount of cuteness in it, but still, this is adorable!
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
This is an absolute delight – a beautiful character vignette with the Amis in action, dealing with life under a set of strictures that today are almost incomprehensible to us, seeking a voice. At the same time, there’s so much dash and humour. Bossuet and Joly with their interplay, Courfeyrac with his boundless verve and canonical hat issues, and Bahorel as the man of experience well adapted to living the life of a subversive radical and the practical issues to be countered.

Prouvaire is an utter delight in all the quirky charm and spirit with which you always invest him – I particularly loved the hairstyle, complete with bangs – exactly the sort of hair you’d expect to encounter with Hugo’s Romantic Army at the premiere of “Hernani”, for example. From his consciously anachronistic dress to his lovely off-beat physical behaviour, he’s a delight. And the Masonic links…! Perfect – if one didn’t know you kicked off this angle to the meta discussion and the subsequent directions it took, one would never know that this is a comparatively new angle you’re exploring, so seamlessly have you integrated it into your characterization of Prouvaire. I very much like the idea of a sympathetic ordinary police officer…such blind eyes are often turned in times of revolutionary and social upheaval (I’ve told you it reminds me of several that Michael Collins ran into in Ireland during the War of Independence).

And Enjolras, with his apocalyptic hair…even without him I’d have loved the story, but with his inclusion, it became one of my instant all-time favourites. It is so right for him – he loses neither an iota of his reserved self-contained poise nor his charm. The quiet humour is so absolutely what he exhibits in the brick, and the charisma is so absolutely characteristic. He sees an obstacle and he attacks it with main force, but he never loses that sense of still calm that is characteristic of him even at the height of battle. Of course I hugely appreciated the two punches (particularly that hard right hook!). Not to mention his conviction that Combeferre having faith in Prouvaire is good enough for him to trust the poet. The rapport between the two is just so very right – this is the poet who looked on Enjolras at the barricades with eyes shining in admiration and compassion, and this is the chief who was willing to violate his own sense of principal to try and bargain to save the poet’s life.

Enjolras’s reflected smile in the window for Combeferre…his final words to Prouvaire…

It’s not his wonderful profoundly symbolic hair in this piece I love (your marvelous professor of apocalyptic literature aside), delighted though I am in this…it’s the portrayal of a much maligned character in all his charm and all his power.
Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Oh, poor Jehan. He's so cute even when he's being beaten up. Your fic is always darling, even in the action scenes (possibly because Courfeyrac always an adorable POV character).

The circularity of fandom is getting so incredibly awesome.
Mam'zelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
This was fantastic! I love your Jehan to pieces. He is so adorable, and odd the way he can't restrain himself in anyway possible. I was imitating him today in weight training by trying to balance on one foot much to the consternation of my peers.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Oh, this is wonderful. I can't decide which is better: the way you depict Jehan or the relationship between Joly and Bossuet. And go Enjolras, punching people out alongside Bahorel! Oh gosh, Joly's warning call was pretty much the best thing ever. And Jehan's outfits! Oh gosh, never stop writing the Amis. This brightened my crappy day as well.