Reviews for Dark Harvest
VelociraptorLove chapter 1 . 4/6
Oh, neat! This is someone else's pov

I'm liking the narration here, you can tell Sara is upset but also hearing something following her and it sets up a good atmosphere

" There was this teenage boy missing, wasn't there? And that cop found in the river, bottom half completely gone, organs spilling on the cold concrete. And that torso they found two years ago in the McMeaties parking lot… That's all they found. A torso. A thoracic cage, completely empty. I heard they never managed to find out who it was.
There's another sound. A chuckle.
I start running. "
*Snickers*

Oh?! The person in the truck knows Sara?
Ah XD it's Dib

'We shouldn't stay here,' he mutters with a worried look around. 'The streets aren't safe.'
X3 Dib's out hunting Zim

" He slams the door shut, walks around the car, looking around, a hand resting on his hip, under the trench coat. I'm pretty sure he's carrying a gun. "
Ohmyword, Dib!?

" If I remember correctly, he'd been voted the most likely to snap and kill everybody in a school shooting, back in the days.
What the FUCK was I doing in his bloody CAR?! "
XD poor Sara

'Huh…' I start, lamely.
Dib, being the same neurotic boy I remember, only needed this to start on a rant. "
XD Dib

" He throws me a venomous glare and presses harder on the accelerator. The car lunches forward in the empty streets.
'Stop being so fucking blind,' he seethes "
:s Dib, don't drive angry (I am loving this paranoid older version you're writing, and having it come from another character's point of view really adds to the frantic mannerisms and the dangerous atmosphere, I really like it)

'No you don't. No one believes how much of a threat the Irken Empire can be. They targeted our planet for invasion, and Zim's been trying to take it over ever since. And I'm the one, the ONLY ONE that ever did anything to keep our planet safe. You have no idea how many times we almost died by Zim's hands or by his sheer stupidity. You have NO IDEA-'
'Dib! I get it! You saved us all, I thank you for that-' I mutter frantically. 'Please, slow down before we both die!'
Poor Sara, Love how terrified of Dib she is lol and poor Dib really is giving a fantastic "crazy paranoid person" performance

'Irken technology is way ahead of us in many levels. My guess is that he managed to brainwash the entire school, except me, of course-'
'Why not you?' I ask with a frown.
He makes a noise, halfway between a scoff and a snicker. He stays silent for a long moment, and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say something or not.
'That's not something you could ever understand,' he almost whispers. 'The hate. The adrenalin. The thrill of the chase, the challenge of a worthy nemesis. But he does. He understands.'
XD Dib, you're making it /really/ hard not to call you insane and I /love/ it. He's so /unhinged/ from Sara's pov. Author you're doing a great job with that, even though we /know/ Dib is right about Zim, watching him talk about it from an outside perspective really does not make him look sane lol

" He was summoned to face trial for high-treason or something like that. He didn't go, so they simply sent people to execute him. They almost succeeded… He hasn't been the same since.'
Aw, poor Zim

'They never even found my sister,' he says in a dark voice. "
!? What happened to Gaz!?
Oof, bad dad Membrane u.u

'I'm taking you to my place,' he explains. 'It'll be safer for tonight.'
Dib, that's sooo sus ToT please don't tell me you're working with Zim and you're about to kill Sara with him lol

" The door clicks open in front of us. He practically pushes me inside and slams it shut, locking the numerous digital locks. I notice that the windows are boarded up with metallic curtains and that a faint hum comes from numerous electronics. "
Yeah, Sara, you're about to die, rip

" He turns around and gets this faraway look. Like he's not looking at me, but through me.
'…Zim…' he whispers.
Then my world went black. "
YUP!

'…didn't I tell you I'd manage?' snaps a voice. 'You just HAD to intervene!'
I'm guessing that's Zim mad at Dib for souring the thrill of the hunt by taking his target lol
Ah, no, it was Dib lol

" Why the FUCK can't I move my limbs?!
I try to scream, but no sound comes out. I try again. What is wrong with me?! "
Oh, she's not restrained, she's /paralyzed/, oof, poor Sara.
I wonder if this is for Zim's need or somehow to help Gaz? Why the need of organs *thinking emoji*

'I mean, not you, of course. You've been a model patient so far. It's just that, the others… some caused me a lot of trouble. You can't imagine the problems I had with Gaz. "
Oof, nope, Gaz was a victim. Then the organs are for Zim, post assassination attempt? Dib mentioned the organs are compatible with Irken's but go bad after a while, Zim's PAK must have been pretty damaged or something

Oh!? It was /GIR/ following her!? Man, Zim must be in worse shape than I thought
Huh, and looks like GIR is acting a bit odd and broken as well (XD poor Sara is going to die)

" My mouth opens, I want to scream, but still, no sound comes out. My throat burns. "
Rip, that must be so terryifing for her

" There are tables and counters and walls, covered in blood. There are fridges and diagrams of the human body and tools everywhere. I realize I'm crying. "
Oof, horror show *evil smirk*

'Now, now, don't cry,' he snaps, annoyed. 'I promised you you'd still be alive tomorrow, didn't I? Look, you'll even have some company!'
He turns me around and I almost faint.
There's a human being there, sitting in that chair. It's naked and missing both legs. Its torso is covered in ugly scars and uglier stitches. There's dried blood all over its skin. The hair is half shaved off, leaving strands of a sickly orange color. "
XDDD Dib that is the /opposite/ of reassuring! (Also, I'm guessing that's keef lol)

'Say hi to Keef!'
Called it lol
Oof, he's still alive

'I wish I could, it would be easier… But then I'd have no way to preserve the bodies. All I got are those lousy fridges and it only work for a couple of hours at best. I wish my dad had left me at least some pieces of equipment. Or that Zim's base hadn't completely blown up. He had the technology… I'm just doing my best with what I got.'
XD I'm loving these serial killer vibes coming from Dib, and the explination as to why he's working with such a set up

" There's a body lying there. It's mostly green. But- there are other parts- human parts- instead of- there's a human arm, and leg, and foot, and- and there are stitches all over the body, gross stitches drying in human blood and there's this green thing oozing out of- and those big, red, empty eyes staring at nothing and this mouth opened in a silent scream, showing razor sharp teeth and- "
XD gross, poor Zim! That assassin really did a number on him if Dib's have to replace whole limbs
O.O Zim's barely even /alive/? Which means this was /all/ Dib's idea, oof

" His organs are putrefying inside his body, I got no choice but to replace them. Until I find a way to bring him back, I got to… But you wouldn't understand. Only he does.' "
Dib, dude, that's terrifying lol

" I want to scream I want to yell I want to run I want to cry I want to die-
'I need an eye.'
Rip. Great ending, love the vibe through out, excellent work! Switching pov to first person outside Dib was a great narrative choice!
Vercinacox chapter 1 . 10/16/2019
Oooh, I LOVE this twisted angle, very nice!
Steampunkemo chapter 1 . 5/12/2019
JESUS CHRIST!

has left the building
Megxolotl chapter 1 . 1/25/2019
Creepy as hell
Guest chapter 1 . 4/29/2018
I’m just gonna pretend I’m gonna still sleep tonight.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/24/2017
That last bit always haunts me
Mumi Why chapter 1 . 4/23/2017
This is the most disturbing and disgusting thing I've ever read. I LOVE IT!
AreYouReady chapter 1 . 4/25/2016
Well I won't sleep for a week. I'm also sending this fic to all my Zim loving friends, goddamn. It's great.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/3/2016
NC-17 my ass!
AnimeCub chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
O_O wow
iLoveInvaderZim31 chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
holy crap this is amazing!i was glued to every word, every detail vividly described.
dark harvest indeed.
this is the most amazing fiction i've ever read, and it fits the show's dark theme perfectly! actually even darker than the original show, i love it!
sckid chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
I may never sleep again because of this. Congratulations.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
The twisssttttt ! Scary XD
Lilly Winters chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
So creepy yet so awesome! I love the Dark Harvest inspired stories because the episode was so creepy but there are few out there. I have to say this is my favorite, which is saying something since I wrote my own XD. I just have one question: whenever she was being followed (before Dib showed up), she heard the clicking of metal. Was it Zim or not because at the end, he didn't really seem "alive" enough to be moving around and whatnot. Thanks :D
Star1412 chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Eww.
What does Dib have to gain through this anyway?
Nice job!