Reviews for The Vulcan's Wife
Uhura the 9th chapter 15 . 10/12/2017
Oh me too! I hated star trek 5, still upset that Uhura and Spock never hooked up , we had to wait decades later in the AU. But your tie good so far.
Kirgy5040yahoo chapter 55 . 10/3/2017
Great story thank you
MorbidDramaMaker chapter 38 . 6/14/2017
Okay, this chapter has me questioning whether you researched broken ribs, because Amanda is doing a lot of things that would be very very painful with busted ribstwisting and sitting and bringing her legs to her chest, etc. Maybe consider symptoms when you diagnose characters.
MorbidDramaMaker chapter 33 . 6/13/2017
Some of your depicts of the media are a little misguided. For starters the idea that Terran (particularly USA Terran) government can be encouraged to "control" their media is stunningly out of line with the first amendment. Paparazzi so not work for newspapers, they work for magazines. Reputable papers would not publish anything like the speculative articles you have put in this story, that's much more suited to People or Us Weekly. Overall the negative image you are attributing to reporters is much more in line with tabloids rather than reputable professional journalists.
mightymads chapter 1 . 12/17/2016
This story has been in my to-read list for a while. Now I'm happy I got to read it: love the first chapter, how you capture the struggle of working at a prestigious place you don't like. Their disaster of a first meeting made me laugh several times. Thank you for sharing!
PHXYote chapter 50 . 12/2/2016
I'm reading this almost 7 years after it was published and it's frighteningly reflective of the US today. People say not to take the 'alt right' seriously. It's all talk. Etc. Now that Trump has let the racists feel empowered I am as frightened as I was in 2010 when I was still starting each day with a check on the news to make sure President Obama was OK.
Petals Open to the Moon chapter 26 . 8/18/2016
Oh, no... they don't see any of her bruises, do they?!

Anxiously reading on...
Petals Open to the Moon chapter 25 . 8/18/2016
I'm so, so glad I found this story after it was completed. I go crazy, waiting for updates.

Beautifully done, as always, dear. I truly feel for Amanda, here.
Petals Open to the Moon chapter 24 . 8/18/2016
Uh-oh... trouble again in paradise.

I must confess... Amanda has the tendency to annoy me, sometimes, with her little outbursts. Perhaps it's just because I'm a very non-confrontational, passive person. But then again... I'm the reader, and therefore know both sides of the story, including Sarek's thoughts. She doesn't.
Petals Open to the Moon chapter 22 . 8/18/2016
Isn't it odd how such a logical, stoic creature can say such wonderful, heartfelt things to a woman - things that women dream of hearing - and be so completely endearing, while he does it? :):)

I love how the line "I did not wish to be parted from you" brought to mind one of my favorite original episodes, with Spock and Zarabeth.
Petals Open to the Moon chapter 21 . 8/18/2016
That whole passage of Sarek meditating is my favorite scene, thus far. :)
Petals Open to the Moon chapter 20 . 8/18/2016
My romantic feels are tumbling all over themselves with joy... this was /so/ sweet, yet sad.
Petals Open to the Moon chapter 19 . 8/18/2016
Poor baby. Vulcan isn't the best planet to feel alone and emotional on...
Petals Open to the Moon chapter 17 . 8/18/2016
Oh, dear. :( They must feel devastated. I hope things will be looking up, in future.

Also, a side-note: I think you write the Vulcans better than anyone else's work I've found on this site. Too many people mesa it up, by injecting human emotion into them as they write. But you do it perfectly. They /do/ have strong emotions, just not shown outwardly. And their way of speaking is also perfect. :) I can easily picture each Vulcan character talking.
Petals Open to the Moon chapter 16 . 8/18/2016
Gold-digger, eh? They're probably just rankled that she never cast eyes on any of them.

I love the tender Sarek/Amanda moments. I still think one of my favorite parts was when he discovered "you can kiss anywhere."
1,265 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »