Reviews for Phone Calls
jlmckinney1982 chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I really loved this as I do all of your stories. It was so sad, but something that needed to happen. I agree with you. I think Bella would have to eventually give Renee up. This a very creative way to help Renee through the grieving process. Beautiful!
Gleena chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Excellent! I enjoyed it even when I wasn't enjoying it (because of the sadness). I did get tears at one point.

I thought the initial drama of Charlie informing Renee before you can tell that Bella are Edward are actually with him was nicely done.

Jasper sure is good at altering flight manifest records!

I think this method would have worked really well with Renee. It is sad that they had to do it, but the signs were there at the end of BD. I was thinking they would wait until after graduation from college so Renee could see her then and not be too shocked by her appearance.

The dream "stories" work so well that Renee even has one of her own - quite the power of suggestion there, but who would know how to do that better than Bella?

Congratulations to you and ebhg!
sammy55 chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Aw. That was sweet. And I liked your authors note at the bottom.
favludo chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
loved this story, absolutely beautiful... and you captured bella and edwards thoughtfulness so well
Keira Eve MacDonnell chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I think this was the perfect way to let Renee go. I wonder at what point Bella will have to let Charlie go or if she ever would prior to his death. That might be a good one to write! When Charlie passes on...
Sugargirl5 chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Uhh... Why did Charlie have to call Renee? Shouldn't he have to think Edward and Bella were dead too? And what explanation would they give to Charlie for having to lie to Renee?
ebhg chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
This is such a beautiful story:) Not only is it well written, it's believable. Charlie is so wonderful here:) He's one of my favorite characters, and you gave him such a poignant and yet, still Charlie story:)

I loved Edward's improvisation about clothing on the first call, Charlie's total guy moment- "wearing?" and Renee's completely random, "Oh that was Edward's favorite color!" accompanied with Edward's quirked eyebrow:)

Each call just gets better than the last, and I really think that readers get a sense of closure along with Renee and Charlie:)

Awesome:)

ebhg:)
bookworm19065 chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Nice story! I've always thoght about what would happen too and I really liked this! Great job! What happened in the funeral? Also- I am actually reading his book now in Hebrew for school and I never knew there was a movie- thanks for telling me!
BMC1984 chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Very original, never would have thought of using dreams like that. Loved it.
joayla chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
WHAT A TEAR JERKER! TENDER AND SWEET AND IT WAS LOVELY AT THE END WITH THE I LOVE YOU'S!
LibraryLady08 chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I thought this story was so well done. I think it would be similar to how I would think it should go. :)

Got tears in my eyes!

-MJ
martdg chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Excellent! It's sad, but I agree that Bella probably would've had to let Renee go at some point. I appreciate all the scenes you write that are new and not part of the TW Saga. The way you write B&E, I feel like these stories belong with the original. Thank you for taking the time to write and share them with the rest of us!
patch138 chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
This is such an amazing story, adn i always wondered how Renee took the news. I think if SM would have written it, it would have been something like this...only with a little more drama...Congrats on your "anniversary"!

~Tiffany
FierySoul chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I had to tell you "thank you". Without going into detail, this was cathartic and healing for me. Thank you. You are a marvelous author.
thamker chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
that was such a great idea for a story. It had to be bitter-sweet for Charlie. Because he does get to spend time with Bella but he has make it believable to Renee that Bella is really gone. That was truly amazing.
94 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »