Reviews for An Artist's Inspiration
Sounddrive chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
This is so cute! :D. I'm hooked on this, man there should be more of these around. ;)
The Love Doc chapter 1 . 10/24/2010
AWWWW! :3 SOOOO cute! XDDD Maybe on the date Glyph should sneak up on poor,akward Bulky's lips or somethin'...O.o

Sorry, romance on the brain! (I didn't call myself 'The Love Doc' for nuttin').

Cefren chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
That was awesome! This is the only fanfic I've read with Glyph in it! You've done a pretty good job on the characterization. I recommend you write some more chapters for this fic. I'd really like to see Bulkhead and Glyph's relationship develop 3

I also need tips on how Glyph's personality works. Because I play Glyph in a RP on Twitter. I find it hard to play 'the intellectual character' so I played her as a sweet and somewhat of a ditzy character (please don't kill me!) I sometimes regret why I chose a background charaacter but she is so cute XP
ElasticPoodle chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
...I have a new OTP...

This is... BRILLIANT! *glomps* Seriously! she's PERFECT for him!
Necrofuckup chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Loved it!
Karan Seraph chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
The characterization of Glyph in this fic is a clever combination of the G1 and TFA characters of this name. I was drawn to read this fic, because I already had a liking for this character, but enjoyed the particular and novel interpretation. Here Glyph's knowledge of codes and life in organophobic Cybertronian society are the source of an internal conflict for the character. Codes can be pure in the way that concepts of data or math are universal, but also dependent on knowledge of the code's place and time or origin to understand the context in which the code can be understood and represented. The organiphobic society existing on Autobot-ruled Cybertron, as a whole disregards the culture and symbolism of organic races, yet, Glyph understands the value of knowing another race in order to understand the codes they employ.

Glyph's own internal conflict sets up an opportunity for interaction with Bulkhead, who having learned of Art on Earth, an organic-dominated planet, is uniquely equipped to provide both understanding and cultural data to Glyph. Glyph in turn is well equipped to provide Bulkhead with the understanding and critiquing he has lacked as an artist.

This is not a fic one reads for correctness or style of prose, but for the concepts and characterization.

If continued with additional chapters, I would like to learn if there are other Cybertronians who have an understanding of art and symbolism. I would expect these to be characters with interests in math, music, visual and fine arts, or study of alien cultures. I would also enjoy reading of more personal interaction between Glyph and Bulkhead and how they may be attracted to each other on a philosophical or intellectual level, as well as the established physical attraction on Bulkhead's part.
Fastern chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Gosh darn it, you beat me to Glyph! XD No hard feelings; this was amazing to read, which is amazing coming from me because I don't particulary care for Bulkhead. But something about their interaction makes them an instant win couple, and I think I found a new pairing I like.

It was well-written and very sweet and gentle. It suited the characters involved and their (in Glyph's case, alleged) personality. I love it. I think I'll imply a possible relationship between the two in any stories I write with them in the future.

Consuelo Higdon chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Lemme, guess the "everyone" "who's done ANYTHING with Glyph's TFA form" is me, right? xD Nah, I'm just joking. That's the first thing I thought of when I read that xD. But this really is nice. I was going crazy and all happy-shmappy-fappy-lappy about all the art decryptions. xD I love decoding art, and I'm starting to use it as one of my pastimes xD

I want to draw that tree now xD
Onyx17 chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
That was seriously sweet 3 I'm really happy to find a story with Glyph in it! There aren't enough femmes (let alone femme nerds!) out there xD And Bulky! He was just so cute!

Good job ;D