Reviews for Broken Song
anon chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
!33333333333333333333333333
YenSerenity chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
I couldn't leave without writing a review.

Your writing here was amazing. I love the word pictures, the way you described L's music and the reasoning, the thoughts and emotions behind it all. Somehow the idea of L as a violinist is just perfect; I can see him exactly as you described. Although it's my humble opinion that there was something missing in that tune he was playing; a note of determination, perhaps? ... the melody reaching higher and higher, searching for meaning, reaching for something and almost grasping it? A reason for the song to continue, through the pain...

I completely agree: Light was broken because of Kira; and he was ok with that and even enjoyed it (in the manga, until he died). But L never got used to being broken; he wanted things whole and right; and was constantly tortured by it.

I'm not a fan of yaoi; I thought it made L out of character, with his dialogue, his voice, towards the end.

But, anyway, it was very interesting and I really enjoyed reading it; this story is just so unique and well written.

I loved that you turned the story around and made it right, and I love that Light brought L a new violin. He really needed that.
Dark Miko chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
nicely done i'm glad the two didn't die