Reviews for All Alone in the Night
Sarah Crawford chapter 2 . 9/13
Very nicely morbid. Insanity fics are always fun to read. For the record, you communicated Christine's deterioration nicely without the aid of changing handwriting. I was a bit confused at the epilogue until I read your author's note. But nicely done.
Cyranothe2nd chapter 2 . 7/2/2010
P.S. I like the epilogue. I think it adds a sense of continuity with the original story.
Cyranothe2nd chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Chilling and wonderful. I knew the moment she killed him that Things Would Not Go Well.
Love's Labour's Won chapter 2 . 1/30/2010
Oh! I liked this!
phantoxicant chapter 2 . 11/10/2009
Brilliant as usual.

And I thought the epilogue was a nice additional touch.

Your efforts are sincerely appreciated.
kara chapter 2 . 11/2/2009
this wAS EXCELLENT! It's a mix of 'The Yellow Wallpaper' and 'A Rose for Emily' with POTO thrown in. i loved it. the epilogue needs to be explained a little though. thank you, and keep up the writing!
debkay chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Wow. Talk about creepy! You are certainly good at writing it!

She is almost beyond crazier than Erik was!

Excellent writing - way creepy with the rats!
Sue Raven chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Beautifully done. The chills go down my back, and I can just picture poor Christine, well on her way to insanity, trapped in Erik's house forever. You did a splendid job of building the tension.
The Illegible chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
AWESOME story! Absolutely loved your mad, evil Christine and the way you wrote her voice-quite innocently killing rats or plotting murder. I'm absolutely astonished that you're new to morbid fics, because this was just perfect! Must say though, I feel awful for Erik. Near as we know he really might have been winding the clocks at night. Great use of the unreliable narrator, nice shots of black comedy ("he has very good bone structure" indeed!), all around well done!

Regarding the epilogue, I honestly do think the ending is stronger without it- not because it's badly written, just doesn't seem necessary. The conclusion felt much creepier alone (seeing Christine lose it completely and knowing she's doomed to die) whereas Meg's entry sort of pulled me out with the new viewpoint. Didn't strike me as a huge deal though, because your style rocked regardless. :-) Thanks for writing this!
Obscure Bird chapter 2 . 10/31/2009
O_o ! Holy Whore Carcass!

That was... that is... that...

Awesomeness beyond words, I tell you! I love how from he very beginning she starts to lose her mind. The narration and descripions are both ecxellent. It reminds me of "The Yellow Wallpaper." Great job. No, better. Fantastic! I bow before your stupendous talent.

Happy Halloween!
VampPhan chapter 2 . 10/31/2009
Mm very creepy...I love it!
R4L chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
That was great. I haven't read a story like this for a while but this just reminded me of how much I like them. :)
Quiet2885 chapter 2 . 10/31/2009
That was awesome, Kryss! You did a great job in capturing Leroux Christine's voice. I loved her deteorating mental state. After being alone for so long, she even desired Erik's or an actual corpse's company. The isolation gave her a taste as to why Erik was ;)

I liked the little epilogue. We're left wondering whether the ballet rats are hearing Christine while she's alive or actually hearing her ghost.

Great little Halloween treat! Hope to see more from you!
Misjie chapter 2 . 10/31/2009
wow what a story. Can't say I disliked it though. Especially the end of chapter 1. It should have been clear to her she wouldn't be able to escape and the fact that she and Erik became sort of friend, that was really lovely (in a morbid way it is).

Never knew you could kill someone with the seeds of apples.I guess on halloween, you can learn a lot about killing people (lol).

Hope you will make more morbid fic, I believe you're very good at it
phantomgirl110 chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Ooh, I absolutely loved the whole thing! Morbid stories are lovely, particularly when they feature unbalanced!Christine. This one is quite unique; I can't think of a single phic I've read that's at all similar. It really held my interest straight through the end, too, which few phics manage. Terrific job!