Reviews for Under the Forest Eaves
feathered moon wings chapter 1 . 1/15
I loved this, it's really really beautiful. I don't quite know what to say but that this story deserved a lot more of reviews.

So sad... but I really liked the way you wrote it, specially the part when Thranduil was dreaming and the way his father in law said his name.

MyaTTN chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
It's hurt to read, for you describe the Woodland elves living with so much grief and sorrow, and Thranduil himself was so lonely. Wandering at night, being surrounded by the dead, and there was not a single living soul stand beside him. It hurts so much to see the great Elvenking end up like this, after all his struggle to protect his loved ones during the Shadow. He deserved more... But then I'll not be such a weirdo wailing nonsense, it's actually a very good fic.
helenamarkos chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
This was really great. I feel like most of the stories I've found involving Thranduil involve him as more of a villain or, at least, as more of an unsavory type character (and I am not talking orc stories ;P There is precious little Thranduil in the orc fanfic realm).

What a horrible death for that poor child, but I am glad she found justice, and her parents are going to join her. The idea of elvish ghosts is a fascinating one, and very haunting, to think they dwell with such a firm sense of consciousness. I will admit, I do not know enough about elvish history to know where Tûron lies in the scheme of things, but I rather like him as you've portrayed him here. Stubborn old man indeed, but he loves his forests :)

The ending of this, the part with the villagers, seems spot on as far as mannish superstition. I feel like people often portray elves/men as tight buds, but really, there was definitely enough distrust between the two to make them sometimes enemies.

Nicely done. Great story.
Nimbus Llewelyn chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Very (bitter)sweet, and very, very clever. What did Thranduil do to that elf?
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Wow this was excellent!
Song in the woods chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
as always you have done an excellant job.
Rhyselle chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
An absolutely chilling, and yet, perfect ghost story.

That poor child (and the others too). I did like it that Thranduil administered justice, not revenge.

I was most touched when the child's fea said about being called, and Thranduil and his father giving her permission and encouragement to answer it.

Most of all, I loved your Thranduil. Whether joyful, or grieving, or proud, or whimsical, he feels so very real in your stories; as if I'd find him if I really were to go looking. Well done, as always.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
This story still sends a chill down my spine. Love the touch with the stag and the ending... *shivers* Magnificent!
vectis chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Yet again you have managed to produce a gem of a tale for Halloween, combining sadness and loss with some sprinkling of hope. The fate of those children was heart-breaking and Thranduil's 'punishment' of the blacksmith seemed justly fitting.
Destined Darkness chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
aw, this is so sad, and i love this line "Until our next meeting, son," Tûron replied if i was Thranduil i would have been like 'shit, you-your gonna meet me again? Not for another one i hope?' lol, but oh well, i kinda liked this, lol ok that one was half true, i like this but in reality i loved it, hehe

Hannon

Hugs

Gracey, Rache, . . ( . .)
ziggy3 chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
Ah, Jael- you did it again. I don't know what you do but that delicious shiver I get when you write Thranduil and Turon... fabulous. I still keep going back to King Stag when I need a fix. I can only describe it as Nostalgia because there is no other word - but it is so much more than that. The sensation of longing and distance and that it is all over-lost, and that world can never be recovered...

The very opening with Legolas already gone over the sea sets the tone of loss, and then the eerie haunting figure of Turon who appears, and Thranduil did not know what became of him- oh, even as I write, I recall King Stag and Thranduil's fading into the forest, never leaving, always keeping faith- what a price. The image of the black stag is a perfect foil and recalls again Thranduil's fate and the symbol of the stag. ANd the delicacy of his dream, walking along the forest with Legolas as a child and being interupted by a quite prosaic Turon-wonderfully done- very Woodelvish, and he is of course, resisting the call of Mandos, quite rightly! I feel he would not approve of Legolas' decision to depart either.

And the fate of the blacksmith is perfectly done- not salacious tabloid revenge, just a folktale.

Again, I can't really do justice to this- just thank you again for such a perfect tale. Beautifully told as always.
leralonde chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
How sad. So many lost children from a people who value them so much. It was good to see Turon again. Will he stay there in the forest forever? How lonely Thranduil must be now. Bitter indeed.
SadieSil chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
What a perfect story. I have all of your tests in a folder in my computer. You are the best writer I know. Thansk for sharing this one.

Sadie
Jebb chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
This was absolutely stunning a real horror story for Halloween and beautifully written

Redone chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
*shudders* What a horrible tale. What a beautiful story.