Reviews for The Case of the Dead Detective
chandan.tp chapter 1 . 10/19/2017
Wow, really nice story, beautifully written... thank you!
D'ennui chapter 3 . 4/16/2017
You write an amazing Sherlock Holmes pastiche. Brilliant!
Guest chapter 20 . 3/17/2017
Bravo!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/2/2015
"I have reason to believe that I have been murdered", such a Sherlocky line. I'm intrigued... well done!
Halfhorseau chapter 20 . 7/25/2015
I love this story! Clever and complex and so well written. A joy to read. You captured the character of Holmes and Watson so well. I was intrigued, entertained and amused.
PSW chapter 20 . 5/13/2015
This was just super. Humorous, interesting, and unexpectedly (though I'm not sure shy, given the subject matter) poignant. What a great story! Thanks for writing. :-)
PSW chapter 14 . 5/12/2015
Rin Tin Tin! :-P Ha...

I very much enjoy the feeling of deep nostalgia running throughout this piece...both the positive and the regrets. Very well done. :-)
PSW chapter 12 . 5/12/2015
The thing is...it's more plausible than the ghost story, so he's going to get there eventually - true or not. So now ghost-Holmes will have to work extra hard to get this all back on track...or maybe not. Watson is an extremely forgiving type - at least when it comes to Holmes...
PSW chapter 6 . 5/11/2015
1893, hmm? Well, that's quite the coincidence, appearing during the hiatus when people thought Sherlock Holmes was gone... :-P

You know, I'm not usually a huge fan of ghost/supernatural AUs...but I'm quite enjoying this so far. :-) Thanks (as always) for writing!
tripleransom chapter 20 . 1/31/2015
Oh, a very clever, well-plotted story, with just the right touch of pathos. Poor Holmes, bound to walk the earth for an unspecified amount of time, but at least he is with Watson again. Nice touch about the 'ghost legion by the way.
I have always liked your stories, but this one had escaped my attention. I do hope I will find that there was a sequel.
Thank you for writing - I enjoyed it very much!
W. Y. Traveller chapter 20 . 4/18/2014
Young George is certainly walking in the footsteps of greatness there. I dare say Mrs Weatherstone received her just desserts, even in such tragic form. A superb ending to a superb Sherlock Holmes story; it was Canon all the way. I've yet to read a story, even published, that keeps to the originals as brilliantly as yours.

Sincerest apologies for the chapter-review bombs since February. However, if anyone is deserving, it's certainly you. :-) I hope more readers will discover this tale for as long as it remains on here.

Lisa x
W. Y. Traveller chapter 19 . 4/18/2014
I love Holmes's comment about moving heaven and earth to see Watson restored to health, had the doctor been injured in his presence; it's a wonderful description of Holmes's feelings without being blunt, as Watson knows what Holmes is like when it comes to expressing emotions. This is definitely my favourite chapter in this story (luckily the shock is softened reading this a second time); I don't think I could ever tire of reading it.
W. Y. Traveller chapter 18 . 4/18/2014
I had to laugh at the description of the seagulls promenading along the coast and then helping themselves to Watson's discarded ice cream. Certainly pleased George's thoughts run along the same lines as Watson's. A superb chapter.
W. Y. Traveller chapter 17 . 4/18/2014
Fantastically done. Thoroughly enjoyed the conversation between Mrs. Currie and Dr. Watson. He has a soft heart. :-) I love how you describe surroundings - the depiction of Mrs. Currie's house really emphasises the difference between class. I could have been standing there myself.
W. Y. Traveller chapter 16 . 4/17/2014
Poor Watson's attempts at sparing Holmes's feeling were soon trampled. :-/ At least Holmes didn't take it too badly. I love how you wrote the terrible two youngsters, as annoying as they are. Brilliant chapter. x