Reviews for First, Do No Harm
adaon45 chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Well, well, it took me long enough to find this. I'm fascinated by your bringing in Wilkie Collins's Ezra Jennings, one of my favorite characters in literature-though also one of the most mysterious. As an academic, I've written about him, but I didn't realize there was fanfiction about him too. (I must confess I am unacquainted with Deadwood, but will probably need to take a look at it.)
fragrantfields chapter 7 . 8/11/2011
What a perfect prequel! All the detail and the perfect Shelley'esque voice...this really does deserve a follow-up.

And I'm ridiculously happy to see Lizzie didn't die.
atheneblue chapter 7 . 11/10/2009
A turn that I, frankly, had not expected. Have you read Mary Roach's book "Stiff", in which she describes this time period's horror of premature death and the waiting mortuaries fitted out with bells in case a supposed corpse should wake?

I would love to see an epilogue, perhaps with more of a connection drawn to AC's later graverobbing...

Very enjoyable and well-written overall. Bravo! (or -a!)

-ab
atheneblue chapter 5 . 11/10/2009
Why does she call him the Phosphorous Man? Because he is thus afflicted, disfigured and luminescent?
atheneblue chapter 4 . 11/10/2009
Exceptional chapter. May we stay with EJ?
atheneblue chapter 3 . 11/10/2009
Picturing Brad Dourif as Billy Bibbitt. Greatly enjoyed "which of us two is nearly a doctor'!
atheneblue chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Intriguing...I do love me a story whose place names have been expurgated. :D