Reviews for Ladder to the Sun
whisperwind1886 chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
another wonderful chapter. On with the next!
GAjujubee chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
I completely love this story. I love how she is living for herself now. What a great chapter.
MJLYP chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
Good. Definitely good. Glad to have the parent meeting over with and see Edward be romantic without knowing it (or did he?). Anywho... great chapter as always! Please update again soon. I hope we get to see him meet Charlie soon.
Lottie2303 chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
I don't have much time, because I am travelling through Thailand the next couple of days, but I truly enjoyed this chapter.

This chapter was heartbreakingly beautiful. Especially Bella's emotions at the end where so well described. I love that she kind of accepted her sickness and the nearing end, but that she still lives fully in the present. I also liked that Edward still didn't respond to 'I love you', but he also doesn't freak out. He clearly feels something for her. Maybe it is not love yet, but I can easily believe that those emotions will change. Maybe they already did - after all he did so much for her, in a unusal-friendly way. But the entire lake-scene was one of the best yet in the story. I am really looking forward to see the relationship develop.

Of course I am curious what is happening in the shed, and about Edwards secret. It has to be huge. The conversation between Renee and Charlie was well done too. I like how Bella developed into such a confident person. Even if I can understand her parents for freaking out. What I think is interesting how Renee talks to Bella as she is a young teenager. She never accepted her growing up/she never supported her growing up. My parents would have forced me out of the house, if I would still be living home at age 26.

I start thinking how nice it would be, if Bella could survive... But that is more wishing. I think this story needs to end with her death... As cruel as it sounds.

Cannot wait for the next chapter. Great job again. I loved reading it.
Danny116 chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
What's in the shed? A body?...lots of cats? car?...stolen money?...guns?...secret spy stuff? and what does Edward do besides hang out in his secret spy shed where he plays with all his cats? Does or did he have a job? So many little're killing me with all the Edward secrecy...I just want to know!;)
jimemon chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
What a perfect ending, talk about a major epiphany. I want to smack Renee but I still hope she is able to make amends with her daughter before it's too late. Great chapter!
orlanka chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
definetely good :) Edward is so sweet. And I'm proud of Bella for standing up to her mother, and moving forward with her life!
LovesTheHeat chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
I like that Edward's a man of few words. It makes whatever he says or does more significant and I feel as though that's the way it should be... he's a very important person in Bella's life right now and he's being as sweet as he can be.

Does that make sense? I hope so.

I loved this chapter. I hate Bella's mom...

Please update soon!
amg98 chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
I am sorry I have not reviewed until now, but I found your story and read it straight through the last chapter. I have really enjoyed it. I was saddened when Edward said he didn't love her and I hope that he was being dishonest. I am very curious about his past and what he is doing in the shed. I am intrigued and can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks for sharing.
slightlydazzled chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
Yay! I was so happy to see that you updated today. I love the update. My favorite scene was Edward taking Bella out on the canoe. He listened to her and remembered that she wanted to do that. He is such a good husband. He may not love her yet, but he has shown her more love and devotion than her parents ever did. Although, Edward's actions speak louder than his words. He has to have very deep feelings for Bella.

I also have really enjoy seeing the growth that Bella has gone through. It was so satisfing to see Bella stand up to Renee. Thanks for the update!
sheneghan chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
This was a beautiful chapter...thanks for writing
aliceg1967 chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
I am thoroughly enjoying your story, I am very curious as to what Edward is up to in the shed, hopefully it is nothing along the 'Dexter' route!
chmcolli chapter 13 . 4/12/2010
I really love this story, and I just love that I can completely understand where Bella is coming from. It's such a powerful thing to be able to change your life, if only for a little while. It's sad that it often takes such traumatizing events for those changes to occur. I know that this story will probably end with her death (no matter how much I want her to live, that may not be the perfect ending for the story), but I am really absorbed in the journey, as she truly discovers herself. Look forward to next update.
edward'sbella17 chapter 12 . 4/5/2010
great story
slightlydazzled chapter 12 . 4/2/2010
I'm so beyond thrilled that I found your story. The Blue Castle is one of my time favorite books, but there were always parts in that book that I wished could have been explored better. I always wondered about Valancy and Barney's physical relationship. He didn't love her but they were married, I wondered what that dynamic was and lucky for me you are exploring it.

I find it absolutely brillant that you have placed Bella and Edward in this plot. Bella shares many of the same characteristics with Valancy. She really does not begin to live and experience life until she meets Edward and gets caught up in his world. It is amazing that even with a borrowed plot and characters, you have made this story completely your own. It is so so beautiful. The love scene you wrote was perfect, I didn't need all the gory details because there was such a strong emotional connection. Thank you so much for your story!
2,595 | « Prev Page 1 .. 152 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 172 .. Last Next »