Reviews for Ladder to the Sun
Riam chapter 22 . 9/27/2016
This is such a beautifull story, I downloaded it so I could not review every chapter. Now I feel guilty... You definitly deserve all the revieuws you can get. You are a great writer. Thank you. I'm looking forward to reading your other stories.
Juuh Malfoy chapter 22 . 9/5/2016
Oh god, I cried soo much. You've got this way with words, it really touched me. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. Sometimes i think about that whole pursuing your dreams thing. It's very hard to accomplish all we want. There will be times our wishs are just too unrealistic, too distant, too dificult, but I truly think we need to, at leats, give it our best!
Thank for this is story, it meant a lot to me! Xoxo
tanseynz chapter 21 . 7/27/2016
I'd forgotten just how good this story is. The Blue Castle by LM Montgomery is one of my favourite old time books, and you intertwined it with the Twilight story so well, making the characters much better, I think.
BellaTesoro chapter 22 . 7/15/2016
Lovely ending for this Edward and Bella. No kids so far I guess? But Bella has grown, Edward has healed and they have their HEA.
Thank you so much for keeping this story here after all these years so people like myself can enjoy your work. I've said my piece along the way to thank you. Bravo, well written!
BellaTesoro chapter 21 . 7/15/2016
Beautiful idea to have a marriage "do over" bring their relationship out into the open for all to see. Show that Bella isn't that invisible nobody. I'm so glad to see Bella accept she deserves this all. And I also liked how Edward kept a bit of his mystery too, saying I love you only at select times worthy of the depth of those words and that he shows her in the little things that he loves her. Sounds great.
BellaTesoro chapter 20 . 7/15/2016
I love how they are honestly speaking and listening to each other. And I was so proud to see Bella ask the tough questions and stating she wasn't going to settle for his running away and not being open about his feelings. I love how they both want the same things. Lovely.
BellaTesoro chapter 19 . 7/15/2016
Brillant reveal of all Edward's secrets. And I was happy that all he is and all he went through wasn't so predictable. Loved the little details about who his parent was and then his adopted parents and why he was upset when Bella was watching the Doctor on TV. So I take it he was mad at his dad for becoming this TV mega star and falling into the limelight and leaving the family to falter? Loved how he came home to hear Tanya and Kate say what they say and he just walked away etc...
I also loved the detail about how now Edward is expressing himself and he seems like all his "colors" are coming out. Like his aggressive passion and Bella is eager to let herself feel it all.
BellaTesoro chapter 18 . 7/15/2016
Like your A/N said, I too would not have wanted to see Bella die, to have developed into the character she has had to simply to die. Well I think I'm a little disappointed that she didn't make herself clearer to Edward in that letter and especially with her running out of his life and taking off without at least sitting it out and giving him the space he needed until they both could talk. I thought she'd grown beyond running away or taking the easy road in life. And for Edward as well. Given the subtle clues I could have predicted what he was hiding in that shed and that a woman was behind it all. And that would have been fine but I would have hoped both characters would have grown to love and trust each other enough to at least talk before running. I'm hopeful that in the chapters to come they will in fact fight for each for other.
BellaTesoro chapter 17 . 7/14/2016
Something about watching plastic surgery and him going to LA...he must have been and or is still in the Hollywood business. Foster seems to keep coming up. Perhaps Edward is a musician, Foster himself?
But to get that angry at Bella seemed needless. Why lash out on her? I think he owes her more than an apology, he owes her a little bit of his backstory.
The accident, I'm hopeful that while Bella is in the hospital, they somehow find the tumor and are able
to remove it.
BellaTesoro chapter 16 . 7/14/2016
This needed a tissue warning. I cried, a lot. When Bella was up, alone, on the floor trying to live through that amount of pain, and didn't cry out for support, yeah, that amount of alone is just wrong. I was so glad Edward heard her and came to help. Just human contact to get her through the worst of it. And when he ever asked what he could do...I melted. Oh man. And when she asked if he would be ok after she was gone...more freaking tears...of course he will hurt but as he said, he knew what he signed on for. I think he'll know he did all he could to help her.
BellaTesoro chapter 15 . 7/14/2016
I'm glad Alice addressed the issue of leaving Bella alone after she left. And knowing that she was ill
makes it even harder to like that Alice didn't at least check up on her after she left. But it's nice that Alice and Bella got to spend some time together during the holiday.
What a lovely Christmas. And I love how playful Edward is and he seems to be truly happy himself. I would like to think I could do that for someone, be able to be genuinely happy even knowing the person was going to die sooner rather than later. Lovely necklace and that it was in his family and yet he gave it to Bella is big.
BellaTesoro chapter 14 . 7/14/2016
Visiting Charlie it occurred to me that had either or both Bella and Charlie communicated as they did behind Edward's back when they were living together maybe Bella and Charlie would not have felt
so alone in their father daughter relationship or with life in general. Seems like they both are at fault
with the way they interacting together or in this case just coexisted in the same home.
Edward has me so intrigued.
BellaTesoro chapter 13 . 7/14/2016
You can't really judge Bella's parents for being shocked and concerned for Bella's abrupt change of lifestyle and marrying a man they don't really know and what they do think they know is all bad news.
Bella can't blame them for their concern. Charlie was at least open to the fact that Bella is an adult and can do what she wants but it was disrespectful in a way for just the manner in which she's dealing with her life right now. I think they had the right to know some of what she's going through. They might be more understanding of her choices.
Edward's late night boat ride looking at meteors in the sky was very romantic and gave her one more life experience she would not have otherwise had. When she was filled with such love and affection for Edward and told him she loved him, I was happy for her but also hurt for her knowing, or thinking that Edward didn't feel love for her in return. I'm thinking he is falling in love with her though. I'm so curious to know Edward's secrets.
BellaTesoro chapter 12 . 7/14/2016
I was happy for Bella that she'd gotten what she so desperately wanted, to be brave enough to go after what made her feel alive. I have to say though, that she could have done this while leaving among her quiet father and annoying mother. It's too bad she feels she wasn't "enough" on her own worth, that she needed a man to set her free. Having said that, this was beautifully written. Edward was everything you'd want him to be. And although I agree with you that lemons are always needed and I don't miss that you didn't get explicit but I do think, since this was the biggest thing ever in new life and she so wanted to be made love to, that the reader needed a little more detail of how he made her feel emotionally and how his touches opened that side to her. But it's your story and if you aren't comfortable writing sex scenes that's ok too. It was lovely as is.
BellaTesoro chapter 11 . 7/14/2016
I hope you did write the next chapter in EPOV because really I can't imagine what he's really feeling. He honestly told Bella he didn't love her yet he agrees to marry her, and I know he is kind enough to give her her last dying wish and all that...and he says he could be happy with her...but I still can't make peace with the whole getting married thing is the right thing to do at this point. Yes if she wants to play house for the wee bit of time she has left but I feel humiliated for her, that she agrees to marry a man who says he doesn't love her. It just falls flat for me that she's so desperate. Yeah hell live with him if he agrees to take her in, love him, have your first sex with him, but to marry him...idk, doesn't sit well with me for various reasons.
2,608 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »