Reviews for 30 Minutes II: The Gathering Storm
halcumbie chapter 16 . 7/24
Why must such good story languish for years like flotsam drifting aimlessly along the currents of abandoned fanfiction?
Freddie Rindklip chapter 16 . 7/22
Ellen Margret chapter 2 . 7/10
Hi I have just come across this wonderful story and I'm really hooked to it. I also saw that its says incomplete. And the last update was 2011. Pls don't discontinue the story. This is really a nice concept. One I would very much like to see it complete. Pls continue it.
TennysonPoet chapter 1 . 7/5
Just finished 30 minutes and was coming to read the sequel, alas not complete so I am torn. Do I read what is here or just leave it and walk away from a brilliant story. Decisions decisions
Lily chapter 16 . 6/18
Espero que el hermano de Fudge no sea elegido como ministro , y espero que continúes está genial tus historias solo que esperamos la mayoría que ha leído tu Historia una continuación.
Rainy Ravenclaw chapter 16 . 6/9
Hello!
I know it's been years since you've updated this series ... Still, I wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading it. It's my third or fourth run through your 30 minutes stories, easily. It's just a shame there's been no update after the appearance of Neville Jones. I still want to know what happens. I know that things happen, inspiration can be fleeting, and life gets in the way. Nonetheless, I wanted you to know that someone is still here, reading. Thank you.
Emily chapter 16 . 5/24
Such a shame this story was abandoned! I was so looking forwards to reading the rest. I hope you can pick it back up at some point, it’s so good!
1stSlug chapter 16 . 3/28
Finally caught up. Which is a shame as the Author is MIA now and this story lies abandoned. :(

However, my thoughts on 30 Minutes I & II are thus:

The plot is rather well detailed and thought out, which is both a pro and a con in same ways. A pro as it generally does make the story rather engaging but a con in the fact that throughout the first and in some parts of the second second story, the author often repeats information that has already been stated and I don't mean as in 'reminders', but as in "this is the first time mentioned info" when it was actually mentioned and discussed in the story a few chapters back. An example of this would be about the basilisk, which was mentioned pretty early on in the first story and then was re-mentioned again near the end as if the first mention never happened.

Another problem is that this story was dragged out and while this isn't generally a bad thing I believe, there is a subtle and careful balance between "long" and "long winded", which I think this story fell into the 'long winded' category.

However, I did thoroughly enjoyed reading this story and am more than a little put out that I will never read it's ending.

Overall, 7.5/10 rating.
melferd chapter 16 . 3/27
This story is just spellbinding. The way these characters have evolved has been such a treat to watch, I really can’t stress enough how absolutely enchanting this world you’ve created is. I hope, someday, that this is something you return to. In the meantime, thank you for this wonderful ‘verse! Stay safe, please.
Eldersprig chapter 12 . 3/9
"hile Luna might not be a Certified Spell Crafter, she was a student working towards her own Mastery and was quite capable of acting as assistant"

classic situation
not enough hunchbacks
Wait a minute... did you say the good guys are going to paint a target on the Weasley's to draw out Malfoy? Isn't that what evil Dumbledore did to the Potter's to draw out Voldemort? Hmmm
This is the chapter that makes me so sad - you posted it and...and never came back.

I hope you're still alive and doing very well, that dropping this story happened just because you got busy...
This is the only complaint that I have about either part of this 2-part story (besides the fact that it's abandoned): the events in this chapter needed to have been set up better. There needed to be a chapter BEFORE this one where "more things happened" and the reader is shown more perspectives and more "goings-on" outside of their immediate scope to lay the groundwork for all this bit'ness to happen naturally.
It's sad how Draco is treated here and in most other fanfic stories. He's been raised to parrot his parents' beliefs and hasn't been exposed to ANY other way of thinking so naturally that's how he believes and behaves - both of which are entirely his parents' fault. Yet, he is expected to somehow magically act differently? Know differently? HOW? He was never taught how to be a decent person, wouldn't know what one looked like if it hugged him, so how is he to act or be different? Talk about blaming the victim.
rara avis91 chapter 11 . 1/6
lol! i know you're not reading these reviews anymore, but that time travel theory was while understandable, hilarious! Wish you'd come back and finish the story though, I love it.
2,180 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »