Reviews for 30 Minutes II: The Gathering Storm
Lyria17 chapter 16 . 8/6/2020
I really, really like this story! It‘s great and I‘m very sad that it seems to be abandoned. I hope we will get a new chapter at some point because the plot is really great and enjoyable and I would love to know how it goes on. Except for some small continuity errors your writing style is very good as well and I like reading this story very much. All the best!
putri.jeniasih chapter 1 . 7/29/2020
Hai author
Just let you know that i really love this fiction, doubt that i the only one..
We (methe others) really hope that you could update again..
It's such a great story.. Really shame that you not continue..
lmcdanl chapter 16 . 7/15/2020
This is a terrific story and I am sad that you seem to have abandoned it. I really enjoyed seeing Harry and co. get one over on Dumbledore and his ilk. I’d love to see them find the tower and destroy the Horcruxes and Voldemort.
Kinjo2k01 chapter 16 . 7/7/2020
I loved this story.. easily one of the best.. I real shame it stops here... great work
Arya Morgana chapter 16 . 7/1/2020
Alguma chance dessa história continuar?
Chalayne chapter 15 . 6/30/2020
I’m so glad this chapter was written! I hope one day you will
Write again as I love your work.
Makimashi Misao F.D.S.S.L.A chapter 16 . 6/27/2020
I have to beg you to continue this is really a master piece... I know it have been 9 years now.. but one can dream right?
Makimashi Misao F.D.S.S.L.A chapter 6 . 6/27/2020
Hi, I have been reading your fic I really like it, and I hope you continue this amazing fic, really I love it.
Karen19 chapter 16 . 6/2/2020
I have enjoyed rereading this series. Hope to see more of it. Good story.
Guest chapter 16 . 5/28/2020
I would love to see more of Neville and Luna Jones. I'd especially love to see them interacting with Sensei.

Thank you for writing what you have. I know I can't compel you to anything, but please consider writing more... It's only been 9 years.
Kai chapter 4 . 5/22/2020
No, I'm convinced that there are floo fireplaces at platform 9 3/4.

Do you really think that all those influential pureblood snobs would accept that they had to enter an important muggle traffic junction? Where thousands of them dirty creatures are hurrying back and forth and some might even touch them? *shudder* And then there is the Statute of Secrecy. They would have to dress inconspicuously. Can you imagine Lucius Malfoy in jeans and hoodie instead of the most expensive acromantula silk robes? No, all those important purebloods wouldn't be found dead in such a place. They would put their influence together and do something about that stupid idea. And since they are the Wizengamot they have that influence, so they just make it a law and the ministry has to install the floo banks. Voilà.

And it HAS to be floo.

With portkeys the safety margin is about five minutes between two arrivals. It's what the portkey arriving point people at the quidditch championship say. That would mean that only a few people COULD arrive that way. It's not necessary and a bit stupid to go there before ten and wait a whole hour, and the last one would be at 10.50 to 10.55 h, for the user to get onto the train on time.

You can't apparate. The platform is completely overcrowded shortly before the train's departure. And you can't aim where you land with apparition. In canon Charlie Weasel landed on an old woman once and both Ronald Weasel and Kingsley Shacklebolt landed in a group of snatchers. Even if you wouldn't put it past Ronald to be an incompetent idiot, Kingsley SHOULD be able to do it right, or at least as right as possible. On the platform you would land in the middle of people, knock them over, onto the tracks under the train, or whatever other accidents could happen.

Floo however is capable of handling large groups of people in a short time. It's what happens every morning shortly before office opening time in the ministry and again in the afternoon when they all clock off and want to get home at the same time.

By the way, that's what makes Molly Weasel's presence AND shouting about "all those muggles", who are not expected at all in a major traffic hub in Greater London, highly suspicious in my opinion. Because the Weasels HAVE a floo.
Kai chapter 1 . 5/21/2020
Hm, you said that McGonagall was trusted and never betrayed that trust. But that's definitely not true now, is it? Only it seems that Harry is incapable of understanding what happens around him, so he just didn't notice that.

She brushed him off three times, first with Dumbledore's demented gauntlet and then with the Chamber of Secrets. Leading to mortal peril for some of her students. And with Umbridge's blood quill sessions. "Keep your head down, your trap shut, and leave me in piece! What do I care if students I should protect are being tortured AND CAN EASILY PROVE IT."

She sentenced him to death for being out at night. And what else than a death sentence would a detention be at night in the Forbidden Forest without first qualified supervision and only a couple minutes later without supervision at all? And that when something lurked in the shadows that was evil enough to hunt unicorns, fast enough to get them, and strong enough to kill them.

In addition to that she took 50 points apiece from three Gryffindor students who were out for entirely benevolent reasons, to keep the stupid arse of one of her colleagues out of Azkaban, where he rightfully should be. For which they were bullied mercilessly for weeks, Harry even more than the other two because he was more prominent. From students who were out at night regularly. And she took 20 points from the Slytherin future Death Eater for the same "crime" although he had exclusively malevolent intentions. For costing the Gryffindors 130 points net he probably was hailed a hero in the snake pit.

She did exactly nothing to help Harry when he was bullied as the "Heir of Slytherin", and about the same amount when he was the "stinking cheater champion".

But it's clear why: In the face of definite failure, when Dumbledore admitted that he MIGHT have made a mistake, when a fourth name came out of the cup for a three person deadly tournament, and he had only placed an age line, McGonagall's reaction was "You know exactly that you did NOT make a mistake!" Uh, yes Minerva, he DID make a mistake. One that could cost the life of the one person who's capable of stopping Voldemort. Unless it was, as many fanfic authors claim, Dumbledore's intention from the first AND McGonagall was in on it. Then it wasn't a mistake, it was a plan. A successful one.

And something Harry probably saw as beneficial in the end was that she forced him into playing quidditch as a firstie, in his mind to get out of being expelled or beaten (borrow wood!?). He seemed to like playing quidditch. Except it cost him his life almost every year. Which he obviously didn't mind because "Catch the snitch or die trying!" really made him fly without concern for safety.

She even was part of Harry's shitty upbringing. In canon it wasn't nearly as bad as in your story but still bad enough. And McGonagall just accepted some demented rambling about scars on a knee and let Harry be placed on a doorstep in South England in a cold, rainy November night. An injured toddler who, for approximately THIRTY hours, didn't get anything to eat, to drink, probably had a nappy full of shit, didn't get to see a healer, and was flown in a coat pocket crisscross over England in November with only a thin woollen blanket.

I try to think of one instance in the books, which you accepted as canon for "the first timeline", where McGonagall DID help Harry. Nothing comes to mind off the bat. She definitely did NOTHING to earn Harry's trust.

In my opinion all but three staff members of Hogwarts should be either fired (or exorcised), or imprisoned, or executed. McGonagall is on my Azkaban list. The three not to be punished are Septima Vector and Bathsheda Babbling, because I know nothing about them except their subjects, and Wilhelmina Grubbly-Plank because the only thing I know about her is that she seems to be competent in her subject.
kt852521 chapter 16 . 5/3/2020
Now would be a great time to keep writing this :D
neverdying chapter 16 . 3/28/2020
Please come back and write some more!
tom chapter 16 . 3/8/2020
Hello there, thanks for all the chaps!
Will there be an update in the future?
thanks again!