Reviews for SUPERPEOPLE OF EVA: DEFIANCE
Marco A. Salazar chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
I really like this fic and I'd wish you'd continue it. Seriously, it is very good.
Jimbob86 chapter 4 . 8/20/2012
This is an interesting addition to the Super-Eva concept. Very nice. Hasn't updated in quite a while but I hope you get back to it sometime.
He Who Dreams chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
This story has so much potential. Please update!
Ryld chapter 4 . 3/5/2010
Here's an idea have it that Asuka not only wants to be the best EVA pilot but also Superhero and she views Iron man as her top rival
Ryld chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
So who is going to be the next hero.
Arthur Hansen chapter 4 . 11/25/2009
Very nice. It might be a touch rushed, but this is turning out very good all in all.
gunman chapter 4 . 11/16/2009
First of all, love the title. Since you are basically borrowing the characters from Marvel, it seems appropriate and all.

Secondly, you did really good explaining just how each of the heroes and villains came to be who they were.

She-Hulk, Captain America and Iron Man VS. Deathstrike, Rhino and Titanium Man.

All were good fights and all.

And Damn! Shinji being there to protect Mai right when she needed him was just beautiful! And her assassin was 'The Jackal'? Whoa.

And Gendo's attitude towards the whole thing was, actually expected. I mean, sure he's upset at Misato for using her powers without permissioned, but then again it works to his advantage, or making NERV look good, so he's not complaining.

And was it my imagintion, or did he actually threaten to eliminate Fuyutsuki?

And what was with that crystal in the SEELE briefcase that Titanium Man blew up? A crystal like that could be... anything from a meta-human accelerator to an Angelic embryo that could make all of them half-Angel or something like that.

And I just love it when Mari say's 'Puppy-kun' to Shinji all the time.

I also keep wondering, if Mari has an LCL fetish, will she be able to tell that it's Shinji behind the armor, or does Shinji have special insulation in that thing?

Also, I love the omake. Shinji using his 'cuteness' to stop She-Hulk's rampage, as well as being one of several Iron Men to be pulled in from another dimension to stop her. Even to the point of being smothered like he was by Misato in his world.

Write on!
U chapter 4 . 11/15/2009
Update Soon.

Funney Omect.
BahamutX978 chapter 4 . 11/14/2009
This story seems interesting so far. I like the inclusion of Mari, since I haven't read many stories that have included her yet. The omakes are also good for a few laughs. Amyway, I'll keep reading to see where this goes.

And I'm also curious and interested to see what hero you have planned for my personal favorite Eva character, Asuka.
CelticReaper chapter 4 . 11/14/2009
damn that was an awesome chapter :D and the omake made me lol XD

update as sson as you can please
GuardEzio chapter 4 . 11/14/2009
heh i guess any superhero needs a companon or friend of some sort

batman adopted richard garason

superman has krypto

and shinji has mai _ now THAT was a nice touch...so was makeing shinji iron man, now all you need is a misato/other character discovering shinji's HQ/base/thingy and him saying 'this...is exactly what it looks like' scene and this fic would be SO FUCKING AWSOME...well awsomer anyway XD
gunman chapter 3 . 11/11/2009
I'm really liking this story. Seriously.

I mean you touched on so many good points here.

1-Misato is now She-Hulk sexy.

2-Shinji is becoming better with the armor. (The whole part of Shinji being a living battery was brilliant and all. Kind of like bio-feedback to power the suit)

3-Rei is defiant, though not outrightly so. That's always nice. Can't wait to see what hero you put her up as, if at all. (If you are doing something different than 'The Silver Surfer' for Rei, my suggestion: her Angelic powers become inverted and she develops energy powers like Photon, allowing her to fly at super speed and fire bolts of energy from her hands)

4-Gendo is still stupid as well as ruthless and evil (I mean, he doesn't care about the 'sideeffects' that WILL come up because Misato's DNA and exposure is different and all, which could lead to creating an army of Abominations that will probably not obey him. Heck, if we're lucky, he could getting killed by one of them)

5-Mari, the LCL fetish girl, has arrived, and is the new Captain America.

6-Misato and Mari now know about each others secrets, and are going out to fight meta-human supervillains. That rocked!

7-You have them fighting the newer versions of Rhino, Deathstrike, and Titanium Man. That was cool. But was slightly more complicated, yet obvious, was that Gendo was the one pulling their strings.

8-Toji was about to confess his feelings to Hikari, and then Shinji shows up to save them all.

9-And yes, Shinji does need motivation to get into the act. He's not the pro-active self-starter that most heroes are.

10-And now you've got three heroes to start saving the world. Are you going to add any other heroes to the mix?

If you are, and since you are so far entrenched in this story, here are my suggestions/recommendations:

Maya Ibuki-meta-human power of photographic reflexes enabling her to master martial arts and gymnast skills. (Like Echo, but can hear)

Makoto Hyuga-chosen to wield the power of the Iron Fist from its previous successor Danny Rand. Martial arts skill: moderate but can be elevated.

Shigeru Aoba-chosen by the Egyptian Moon God Khonshu to become his newest Fist of Vengeance. Enhanced physical abilities and knowledge of martial arts as his predecessor (Marc Specter) once had. (Moon Knight)

Kensuke Aida-meta-human power of superhuman speed. 40 mph top speed, but only when hopped up on sugar. (Quicksilver)

Toji Suzuhara-gained meta-human power to manifest ionic energy to give him super strength, flight, stamina, invulnerability, and energy projections. (Wonder Man)

Hikari Horaki-meta-human power of animal shapeshifting. (Silverclaw)

(The trio of teens gain their power after Mai opens the case that reveals a strange radiation that accelerates their meta-human powers to even greater degrees than a normal meta-human. Mai Suzuhara also gains super powers of telekinesis and telepathy when she is exposed to it. She can be the new Marvel Girl)

Kouzou Fuyutsuki-is chosen by Odin to become the new Thor, is given a walking stick that transforms him from an old man into the young and powerful God of Thunder.

Ritsuko Akagi-meta-human power to grow to giant size when she tries to use a variation of the gamma-blood on herself to stop Gendo's plans. (Giant Girl: 50 feet tall)

These are just some of my suggestions, but it's your story. I just had to get them out of my head after reading this chapter.

Also, I loved the omake. Shinji being rich and living with his teammates and guardian in a refurbished building; Rei sleepwaking and having 'relations' with Shinji; Mari sleepwalking and ending up in other peoples beds; PenPen with a penthouse and bouncers; Misato ravaging Kaji (he's got to be dead or broken from having a powerhouse like Misato going on him like that); and Asuka thinking that Shinji is trying to impress her just to bed her. Which might work.

Write on!
Negima Uzumaki chapter 3 . 11/8/2009
Oh I can't wait to see what happens next, say what hero's and villans did survive the attacks from Gendo, also who are you going to hook up with Shinji, please say a harem because he deserves it.
Mike313 chapter 3 . 11/7/2009
First off, you certainly didn't offend me or anything, so don't worry about that.

Onto the story. Shinji appears to be getting more assertive because he's got his hands on a really cool toy. Considering that he was handed the proverbial keys to a 70 meter tall robot in canon Eva and his self-confidence never improved much, I really can't say I can buy that. Also, everyone seems to be taking the weird things that are happening them very well. Perhaps too well. Misato was turned into a giant monster and seems to just go about her day as normal most of the time. Mari's secret identity gets blown in her first chapter and she just seems to shrug it off. Even Shinji seems unfazed by all this weirdness.

On the more technical aspects, I think you could really benefit from an editor, or failing that, proofreading your work more closely. There are a lot of simple spelling and grammar mistakes that could be easily fixed. Also, I'd recommend trying to break up the big blocks of text and trying to cut down on the run-on sentences. That would make this a lot easier to read.

I notice that you seem to be doing a lot of the same things that Orion did. Misato as She-Hulk, Mari as the Cap, and now even She-Hulk versus Rhino. It’s your story, of course, but I’d suggest diverging from that. Try and make the plot more your own. There are plenty of cool heroes from the Marvel universe, so why not give some of the ladies different powers from what they had in SOE? If you’re looking for inspiration, you might want to check out the DeviantArt page of my beta reader Marco (see my profile for a link). He’s got quite a bit of art of the Eva girls as superheroes, mostly their SOE1 or SOE2 identities, but a few others as well.

Great omake by the way.
CelticReaper chapter 3 . 11/7/2009
hell yeah! awesome chapter, the omake made me lol _

update soon please, i must have more! XD

P.S. Shinji's eyes are blue