Reviews for Being Sam Winchester
Idreamofivan chapter 5 . 3/12
I wish you' continue this story, but since it has been a LONG time, I doubt you will. Anyway, I will read the other stories :).
As per your answer, I agree, family wouldnt be that important to the boys if it wouldnt have been important to their only living parent. They love John and I think the show gives us some ideas, but never the whole picture. John from season one was strict and did some weird stuff but when he is with the boys, he is a loving father.
As per Sam being a brat, I think it is fanfiction writers that try to create drama and don't know how to do it properly. I am sure Sam's relationship with his father was a very complicated one, like most people with their parents. We all learn at some point that they are not perfect, but we learn to also realize all their good things and all the great things they did for us.
John has his issues, I am sure, but I want to think that when he was there, he really cared. In my head cannon, actually, John knew about yellow eyes for a long time (he says so himself), so a lot of his actions are to protect Sam from what is coming and to prepare Dean to help him. I hope one day the shows proves me right, but I dont think it is going to happen.
Idreamofivan chapter 1 . 3/12
I dont know why I never read this, I liked it a lot. I like it when John is not the biggest A-hole and Sam is also reasonable. They had their moments, but I want to think they still loved each other.
Stephanie Carole889 chapter 5 . 12/14/2016
I so enjoy your stories of John Winchester with his boys. You're way of revealing his depth of love, concern and delight in then, especially Sam, is touching and paints a priceless work of art... In the shows 1st season we saw his love in an agonizing way. In AHBL(?) we saw how the depths and strength of that love took him to the very depths, overcoming impossible adversities (1 has to wonder, was the Angel of the LORD with John in the fire, as HE was the 3 Hebrew boys?! remember, the 4th MAN in the fire?! YES, I KNOW ITS A FICTIONAL SHOW!) as he walked out of those depths, killed yellow eyes, rescuing his boys and smiled his deep love and approval for BOTH of them.
Sam breaks my heart living with so much regret about his Dad. (I've been there. I was 17 and angry when my Mother passed away.) If only the shows writers would bring John back in its last season or last half of that season. Ending in a surprisingly happy, positive FAMILY way... JohnMary are grandparents, Dean has a wife he deeply loves has 2 boys and a baby girl he simply adores owns 3 very successful mechanic businesses one of which was his Dad's, Sam married Jess has 4 boys and he's head partner in his own very successful law firm. I know this is stupid, like in "DALLAS' It was just a dream", but, either have it be where Dean and Sam are watching a ghost hunters show and get completely caught up in discussing the possibilities of "what might've been" had they been hunters... only, as we, only the viewers, can see, just outside the house Castiel has changed into jeans and a l/s shirt, putting away his "uniform; trench coat, dress pants, white btn down, tie" under a compartment in the trunk of his car which holds all of the boys old hunting gear. His heart knowing their pain, he erased the old memories, giving them brand new ones filled with love and family and friends. Making himself Dean's best friend and Sam's additional protector since grade school, Cass Wesson, his fiancée Charlie Remington and her brother Benny... and Crowley Smith... the friend who won't seem to go away... in addition to Bobby, wife Ellen and daughter Jo. That's just me though... i've dealt with way too much drama in my lifetime...
(oh... be still my heart...John Winchester3, tall, so very very handsome, rugged, all heart, safe, protective, tender loving eyes, gentle touch, soothing voice, manly, breathtaking smile... loves his boys... the kind of man born to capture the heart of a Southern Belle... actually, he's somewhat similar to the love of my life... 2 major differences are 1)ohhh my beautiful man is a genuine Southern Beau and 2) he's a big, broad 6'6" to my 5'3yep, in hi school, playing football, he was only 6'5" to my 5'2", a sweet, sweet boy... FunSize and KingSize;)! He's all heart and so very precious... an amazing, breathtaking man of Passion and Destiny with a smile that still leaves me breathless and baby blue eyes that I not only get lost in, they kick my ADD into full gear! I know he's not perfect, he's just perfect for mehe's my "more"...)
Ruby chapter 5 . 10/29/2016
Please
Please please
Please please please
Update/continue this! It is so amazing and I have enjoyed it so much!
JennLark chapter 1 . 6/20/2016
I know it has been a long time but I really want to read more of this story! Love it.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/19/2015
I am literally in love with this story, I can't wait to find out what happens next. Please update soon!
ahayman12 chapter 5 . 6/28/2015
I am realling enjoying this story. I know it's been awhile since you updated but I hope you do soon!
NoilyPrat chapter 5 . 3/5/2015
Like that - Sam went nuclear, so Dad decided to give him a rest - them all a rest - for Sam to find his feet again.

*sigh* looks like that's the end of the story, even if you've got "to be continued" on ..
NoilyPrat chapter 4 . 3/5/2015
wow, good freak-out. Good way of having Dad take care of Sam at the restaurant too.
NoilyPrat chapter 2 . 3/5/2015
Yeah, can see Sam giving the eyeroll over Dean throwing out his arm - you paint wonderfully with words. I can see this salt-and-burn happen! Like the way you write John, too.
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 3/5/2015
good job! Like it that Sam realized he was protected - "normal" kids aren't, for the most part.
Tori-Bird627 chapter 5 . 11/15/2014
Cute
laurieglory chapter 3 . 7/11/2014
Ahhhh John.. such a good dad after all!
deanssammy chapter 5 . 4/27/2014
Hope you gonna continue some Day.i like it.
Lutralutra chapter 5 . 3/23/2014
I realize this hasn't been updated in a while, but here's hoping you might still come back to it, and even if you don't, I've definitely gotten enough enjoyment out of it to merit a review! This is such a great slice-of-life Teenchesters fic - the family dynamics are expressed so well. I think your characterization of Sam at this point in his life is spot-on; the love for his family is always deeply felt, but at the same time the resentment towards the violence and transience of their lifestyle is also always burning in him and he just can't get away from it, can't stop thinking about it. I particularly like the scene where he goes a little crazy on John's attackers and Dean's and John's worried reaction - it's such a not-Sam thing to do, but at the same time given the anger he's feeling and the way you've built it up throughout the story and shown how it colours everything he does and feels, it's completely understandable. Great read - if you don't return to this fic, I hope you'll at least consider writing more Teenchesters in the future! :)