Reviews for Please Deceive Me
The Last Deathly Guardian chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
I don't really quite get why he did that but at the same time I get what his trying to do by burning the clothes. It's simple but comlicated gesture that can't be explained in words. I wonder if you did that on purpose? Well anyways, love the KisaIta. Sad Itachi, sad... I know how it feels, even though I never experienced it, to love somebody and know that it will never be true and you can never get her/him. It's sad, and even more heartbreaking when he/she is of the same gender. But enough of that! Love this one-shot!
mistykasumi chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
I really enjoyed this fic. I think the way you've written Itachi stays really true to his character, especially - he's planned everything out already, so he can't let this unexpected complication get in the way. And the way they interact with each other ;_; This fic hurts in such a good way.
TaintedAngel chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Made me feel empty for a moment there. It's powerful.
Liisiko chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
This is a look at the pairing that I have not seen is really intresting, even if crossdressing Itachi is a little odd.
Akatsuki210 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
This was a really interesting story. I love how you have some of Itachi's lines hint at his backstory, especially his response to Kisame's comment about not being forced to do anything. The "Doing a terrible job of what is expected of me is not unusual" line was touching too.

At first I thought the woman was Kurenai, but then I realized that 1)Kurenai wouldn't associate with a missing-nin unless it was some kind of mission to entrap and assassinate him, and 2)Asuma would probably throttle Tsunade if she tried to send Kurenai on a mission like that.

This was very unusual, but touching. Poor Itachi...
Guest chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
That was really good.
Sarah1281 chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
That was so heartbreaking! I could totally see it happening, too, and all of Itachi's cryptic statements that only make sense to someone who knows his real backstory... And, of course, its notable that Madara said that Itachi killed his lover. Not his girlfriend, his lover. It could very well have been Shisui.

So...any chance of writing a non-horribly-depressing Itachi/Kisame now?
MidnightInDecember chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
This was unbeliavably beautiful. Seriously. I just sat here, breathless, after reading this. In some way, it felt so sad. When you think about it, whole Itachis persona is kinda tragic... because he gives so much and noone ever knows. I think you captured his character so perfectly in this. And I really do feel for Kisame. When I realised who the girl was (no I didnt get it from the beginning actually, hehe, silly me) I was already so captivated by the story and... well, that did nothing to free me :P.

No, really, I dont know what to say. You show a remarkable skill of writing in this, (not that you dont usually do, of course :)) its so melancholy in a silent kind of way... that really, really touched me. I dont know what more to say. Thanks for writing it. :)
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
At first I thought the lady was Kurenai; then it's like 'Itachi? Whoa..'

Not usually a KisaIta fan, but I liked this a lot. There was something captivating about the way you told the story, and the unhappy ending was a perfect fit. The way Itachi spoke seemed rather dead on. x)

Great work with this!
Jellybean06 chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
KisaIta is one of my guilty pleasure and you write it beautifully. Subtle, but enough to be satisfying. And I liked the sad undertone of it all; the not-able-to-be-together-ness but trying to make do as best as they can. The hints of humor were well done, too.

Oh, and I loved, loved this line: "One hand clutched his half empty (or was that half full?) glass..."

Anyway, thanks for sharing!
BrandNewOrange chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Very nice. I like how you've put some very subtle humour into this. You've definitely shown those feelings we were talking about where Itachi can't be with Kisame into this. It's good.
YukisFangirls chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
I'm not very good at leaving reviews or pointing out exactly what I like about a story, but I do want to let you know I really enjoyed reading this. I hope you'll write more KisaIta.