Reviews for Abuse of Authority
ColHogan chapter 11 . 12/20/2009
What a great final chapter! I thoroughly enjoyed this story and can't wait to see your next one. That Brown/Jackson is a real piece of work. And that derogatory comment he said to Hogan's face was the ultimate insult! I liked that description of a 'flash of blue shot past Hogan.' I knew Newkirk wasn't about to let Jackson get away with insulting Hogan. Also, considering he did noting to try and help Lt. Brown as he lay injured, he did murder him in a way because he did nothing to try and save his life. Maybe he would have died anyway, but the fact he did nothing only shows that could be added to the other charges with desertion being the hanging offense. And I'm glad Atkins decided not to accept Hogan's offer to be reassigned to an administrative job but to return to fighting. He just needed to be surrounded with the right kind of people such as our heroes.
Deana chapter 11 . 12/20/2009
Fabulous ending! What an awesome story! That Jackson/Brown dude was a real jerk. (I wonder if he could sing...and if people who read this review will know what the heck I'm talking about...) LOL ;) I can't wait for another story from you! ;)
misanthrope1 chapter 10 . 12/17/2009
Love this! I really enjoy the play between Kinch and Newkirk as well as the highlighting of Newkirk's "greedy" side! Great job!
El Gringo Loco chapter 10 . 12/16/2009
I'm glad Hogan got to punch Brown/Jackson in the mouth. That's only the beginning of what he's got coming. But I'm guessing that it would be rather satisfying.

Aikens sounds like a misguided kid taken in by a con artist. And as such,he may be worth saving. But I can think of several rather grim charges for Jackson and Thompson to face, including kidnapping and Desertion under fire. Both of which were then punishable by hanging. And, outside of Fan Fiction, two more deserving rope decoratons would be hard to find. And short of that, various and sundry other charges could keep them locked up for a very long time.
Simone Lyon chapter 10 . 12/14/2009
SUCKS FOR JACKSON! I'm glad they finally got him! Can't wait till he gets chewed out more by Colonel Hogan...right? :) Anyway, glad to see Newkirk okay, and everyone finally on their way home.
Kim chapter 10 . 12/14/2009
I know it's not Hogan's way but I was really glad to see Hogan punch Jackson/Brown at least once. That was sweet. And now we know the truth about Brown, taking a dead's man place. He certainly was a lowlife but a great antagonist all the same.

I'm really glad to see Newkirk safe and back with his friends.
Snooky chapter 10 . 12/14/2009
Hey! That punch Hogan threw made my day. So deserved...
konarciq chapter 10 . 12/14/2009
Oh, finally a turn for the better!

Very well written, this chapter. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
ColHogan chapter 10 . 12/13/2009
Hogan got to deck Brown or Jackson. Thanks for letting him do it. I Now believe if Jackson had gotten his hands on the lieutenant's money he wouldn't have shared any of it. I'm even betting he might have had something to do with the lieutenant's death. He sounds just like the type. And there's hope for Aikens. I think he only needed the right people around him. And he did save Newkirk's life.I just hope Jackson doesn't cause Hogan and company any problems on the way back to camp or after they get there. And I can't wait to hear Hogan's explanation to Klink for Newkirk's injuries.
Deana chapter 10 . 12/13/2009
Great chapter! Wow, Lt. Brown is really Pvt. Jackson...it was all a lie! Poor Newkirk must feel like crap after being beat on...I can't wait for chapter 11! ;)
Prowler4 chapter 9 . 12/10/2009
Isn't Murphy's Law "What goes around, comes around"? Or am I wrong?

I'm torn: on the one hand, I want Hogan to shoot Brown, especially since we now know he's not a lieutenant. On the other hand, I want Hogan to yell at him a bit, let his anger out.

If Brown's not a lieutenant, then how come the others think so? Did he lie to the Germans AND the POWs? I don't see how he could've fooled the Germans; don't they have to receive files about their prisoners from the Allies for identification and such?
El Gringo Loco chapter 9 . 12/8/2009
It's hard to imagine the Col's frustration as Brown and company drive away. But as that rather cantankerous Irishman predicted, fate can change in an instant. And I don't suppose he'll be at all sorry when they show back up. Nor will Newkirk be when he finds that - the ARMY has landed.

Why do I expect Brown to try something stupid at that point. Why not? He seems to have a perfect record of it so far.

Newkirk's comment seems to have struck a real nerve. While it is remotely possible that some misguided individual made the jerk an officer. I rather doubt it. And whether or not, he's certainly no gentleman.
Kim chapter 9 . 12/8/2009
Whew thank goodness for that flat tire and for Brown being very wrong about how close Newkirk's friends are. Hopefully Hogan and co will still be around when Newkirk is brought back to the house. Another very exciting chapter, I can't wait to read more. I also can't wait to see Brown get what's coming to him.
ColHogan chapter 9 . 12/8/2009
You gotta keep Hogan and the gang from leaving for another ten minutes as Brown and the others are on their way back to the house. What a stroke of luck that there was a flat tire at that exact moment even though Brown took it out on poor Newkirk. And I liked that Aikens defended Newkirk when Brown was beating him. Also seems that Newkirk struck a nerve when he said he didn't think Brown was really a lieutenant. Something's not right there. Can't wait to see what happens.
Deana chapter 9 . 12/8/2009
This was an excellent chapter! ROTFL a flat tire and no spare! Brown must've been livid...and he took it out on poor Newkirk...owie. I can't wait for more! ;)
108 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »