Reviews for The Lances Unlifted
MioneAlterEgo chapter 2 . 2/1/2010
Oh my goodness, you paint beautifully! Your descriptions are so vivid, but you don't ramble on-it can be a difficult balance to find. Really enjoyed this, especially the way you write Ziva's relationship with Gibbs. Well done! I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!
Cat and NCIS Obsessed chapter 2 . 1/11/2010
First of all I'm not sick of the whole "Ziva's back from Israel and is broken" it just depends on who and how people write their stories and yours was definitley one of the best I've read (I was very happy at the amount of fics written actually) anyway your story was a lot more in character compared to many of the stories I've read (I really hate the ones where Ziva's like "I'm broken and everyone is right" I mean even if she knows it she'd never admit it). Anyway enough of my nonsense ramblings, I really liked your story (there short and quick).
Daughters of Night chapter 2 . 11/20/2009
*jaw drops* o_O

*gibbers quietly* o_O

*screams* o_O

*stares in awe* o_O

*confers with the voices in my head* o_O

*stares in awe* o_O

*talks quietly to the iPod* o_O

*gibbers some more* o_O

This story is like...

*gasps in shock that I've actually said this to someone other than Sandt21* o_O

I mean, seriously, if you knew me, you'd understand that this is a very very very very very very HUGE compliment.

Majorly huge.

The only things that beat this compliment are that it's better than iPods, or Maximum Ride.

So, yeah...

dalai chapter 2 . 11/14/2009
fantastic work. truly. love your descriptions. ziva's anger is spot on, and i think so is tony's acceptance. he's not always the most perceptive, but when he gets it he gets it (that might only make sense to me).

props for the story, and especially for being one of the few other people in the world who can appreciate the importance of the feel and smell(love that smell) of classic literature.

keep it up.
SummerKnightly chapter 2 . 11/9/2009
This fic was impressive - I especially liked that you didn;t have ziva breaking down, that would be unrealistic. I cannot see her saying the word rape either, but you passed it off well. Not sure Gibbs was caring enough...but you got Ziva just right! x
cemeteriesoflondon chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
I have nothing but praise for this story. It was beautifully written and I believe you captured Ziva's emotions better than any other post Aliyah fic.

Your writing is so rich in detail, amazingly thought through and expressed. Your portrayal of Ziva's anger and passion was brilliant - I think most people captured her pain in their fics, but missed her anger (I'm one of those people). It gave me a lot to consider about Ziva's capture when I thought I had thought the events of Somalia through completely.

I wish I could write something of a little more worth, but I just had to say how great this was, however superficial my review may be.

Excellent work, I can't wait to read more of your stories.
Miranda chapter 2 . 11/8/2009
That was beautifully written. This is the most realistic/best take on Ziva: post-Somalia that I've read. Or at least the one that feels right to me. For someone like Ziva who is so passionate and has spent her whole life taking care of herself and proving that she is a 'good, strong soldier'- I think anger at being so helpless in Somalia is the most likely emotion and then having her own revenge taken away from her... It was just perfect. Good job. Please write more NCIS fics in the future.
ericajane chapter 2 . 11/8/2009
Wow. I just read both chapters together and it was absolutely amazing! Great Job.
gsr4ever chapter 2 . 11/8/2009
Really good. Nice job
KindleLyn chapter 2 . 11/8/2009
Love this conclusion to your story...I really like the idea that Ziva is upset and angry because she missed her chance for revenge. I also loved the part where she shot the mirror - particularly the idea that it was the first time in her life that she pulls the trigger by accident - little details like that can be so telling when you use them just right!

The conversation between her and Gibbs was great - although I really wanted him to do something more than tell her to clean up and go to bed - but your way was probably more in character. :-) The part between Tony and Ziva was great too - loved the symbolism of her standing out in the rain and him staying dry at first - great job!
Silvergrass chapter 2 . 11/8/2009
that was amazing, you know, it was beautiful. nice writing you do. i just had to read it instead of study for my final which is tmr morning...procrastination...nah actaully, its temptation, your story is just too desirable to resist :) & i love it for that.
USAFChief chapter 2 . 11/8/2009
You did a nice job with this, catching nuances of Ziva's only reason for continued existence - deep abiding anger. Some times that's all we have to move us on to the next motivating emotion.

Thanks for sharing.
USAFChief chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
"The flesh rises and falls, pulled taught..."

I believe you mean taut.

I will post a longer review at the end of the story.
reader chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Good chapter. Interesting and well written. Did catch one minor mistake. You use "taught" when I think the word you want is "taut". Looking forward to the next chapter.
M E Wofford chapter 2 . 11/8/2009
The hopeful ending was perfect.

I can see Ziva being so mad about this.

Good story!