Reviews for Fade
KuraOkami13 chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
that...that almost made me want to cry. no joke. very beautiful, very sad. And actually, I like the last sentence, it gives the entire thing less of a "what if" (of which had me concerned on whether I wanted to read or not) and more of an in-depth "what (else[?]) caused". I may also be looking in too deep on this, but it seems to me like it also brings to light that what ultimately had decided on the fate of their duel was Fortune Lady's Direct attack (killing Jack for a future that may or may not come true) or recovering life points (allowing the tide of the duel a chance to change and let jack cotninue fighting to save her, which as we can see frm the episodes, happened)

...

either way, great oneshot! Loved it, lots!
everyoneisMISunderstood chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
I seriously never knew you wrote this XD I was just thinking about this FanFiction so I went back to read it, and imagine my surprise to see it's one of my friends that authored it!

I feel honored that you like my work...
jenuinetears chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Wow.

I really enjoyed the part of the god laughing and mocking at her, b/c you never really hear them actually talking beyond the "I-am-taking-this-person's-body-over-now-haha" part. He sounded definitely in character, all the way.

The description of Jack was beyond what I expected. How Carly began hoping and telling herself that she and Jack were destined to rule together as King and Queen, but then her kiss didn't work- good stuff right there. The way Carly almost laughed at her own joke, in her own mind, was very much like her.

But I most enjoyed the last section, when Carly came out of her "vision". Just the phrase "for a moment she saw death". That just screamed 'win'.

Thank god for the last sentence, also. I'm a real Retributionshipping fan. Please keep writing stuff like this! I very much enjoyed it.
Julia451 chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Ah, now THAT was a great read! 11/10
Shadowalais chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
It was definitely an interesting perspective on what may of been if Carly did defeat Jack. We all knew that Carly's immortal god was yanking her chain in order to get her to duel Jack. Yet, this scenario never crossed my mind. I think my favorite scene is when Carly realizes that Jack's dead dead and he's not coming back. I can just imagine that scene happening and it's pretty powerful stuff. I also enjoyed the way the words were written. Such as when Carly's comparing their colors- the gray middle ground seems to speak volumes as well as both of them trying to save the other and neither succeeding. I could just taste the despair when Carly discovered the glasses. The story is tragic but then the entire Jack/Carly subplot is pretty tragic. Even so, I'm glad it ended the way it did. It just borderlines the canon and I could see this occurring in the show (besides 58/59 seems to give the impression Carly had some sort of psychic powers due to her vision as well as her talking to Jack inside his head.) I enjoyed this fic and I would love to see more writing from you.
Valentine Lissar chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Hi. (I am an idiot.)

In case you haven't figured it out... I accidentally submitted two of the same reviews: one anonymously and other one signed. But moving on. I hope my second review was a bit more coherent than the first and yeah. Just ignore the first one or something?

(I would totally be using my account except that I can't review a single chapter twice.)
Valentine Lissar chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Thank you for adding the twist at the end! I would have been completely CRUSHED if you hadn't. This was a very unique premise and your exploration of this other possibility was heart wrenching.

I loved how Carly is still self-conscious, but also serious. It's like a whisper of her old self.

Your prose is excellent. My favorite line here was "each trying to save the other and neither succeeding." That sentence evokes so many images in my head including the yin-yang and the waves of light and dark each trying to overtake the other. And I loved how you mentioned the differences in the light and dark shades of when she pulls out her glasses. To me, this dictomomy of constrasts is what makes their relationship dynamic so fascinating.

So sorry for rambling. I get really estatic when I see a JackXCarly fic...especially since it seems like no one is writing about them anymore.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Thank you for adding in the fate reversal at the end! I would have been terribly crushed, CRUSHED if you hadn't. I love retributionshipping (but hate the angsty stories that come out of it because I'm a huge romantic at heart) and premise of this story is very unique.

I loved how Carly has a lot of internal dialogue...she's still self-conscious but at the same time serious. It's like a whisper of her old self.

Your prose is also amazing. I love the line: they "each trying to save each other but neither succeeding." Beautiful. Which reminds me of the yin-yang reference...I enjoyed the reference and the constrasts between lights and darks (and shades of GREY) because those divisions are what makes their relationship dynamic so interesting.

Sorry for rambling. I get super estatic when people actually start writing JackXCarly fics.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Aw. This was sweet and sad all at the same time, and quite likely what would have really happened in that situation. An excellent read.
The-Windflower-Fairy chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Oh, wow. That was good. Really good.
weirdogirl11 chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
This isn't a bad story.

Not bad at all.

Keep writing and I will do my best to review!