Reviews for Open gates, the night of all Hallows Eve
SlytherinSoul14 chapter 1 . 8/27/2013
Poor Harry
InkAndPens394 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Very, very well done. Especially since your first language is German. May your ink never run dry!
Nara and Davina
YenGirl chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
This is sweet... I felt relieved at the end and hope they'll have a better relationship from now on too!
Blueberry Babe chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Thanks
Jess S1 chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Surprisingly sweet, especially since Severus Snape is involved.

I was a bit confused as to when this is supposed to be set? First year would make the most sense, but then Hermione wouldn't be on speaking-let alone comforting-terms with Harry & Ron, because she'd be crying in the bathroom.

I guess Second year works, since you mentioned his more recent encounters with Voldemort-in First year-making it worse for him. Though that begs the question of why Harry went to the feast the previous year and had a good time until Quirrell ran in screaming about the troll and he dragged Ron off to save Hermione? ...And, actually, wasn't that when he & Hermione were invited to the ghost-part by Nearly Headless Nick? And they found Mrs. Norris after that?

On to Third Year; Halloween is when Sirius tried to break into Gryffindor Tower, right? And Harry's absence would've definitely been of greater concern before that, since they thought Sirius was trying to kill him at that point.

...And, really, Fourth Year would be too far along in the series. Harry's too old at that point to breakdown crying in the halls. Plus, at that point he would've known the castle pretty well, so the odds of him getting lost aren't high...

So, a little confusion there. I don't know if it'll make you want to edit/revise at all, but I thought I'd point it out...

"You're getting soft, damn it! A few days ago – hell, in the morning even – you would have questioned him relentlessly, doled out detention and then have sent him back to his Common Room alone!" -Great job, there. Very in-character for Snape.

Great job capturing Harry's emotions, and Snape's.

That's for the nice read.

Jess
bookworm19065 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
A wonderful story, but I just have to say that making Harry 11 makes much more sense- since it's the first year in Hogwarts and would still not be used to it...
EmmaRandomAs chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
omg! i love it! such a good story! i only wish there were more! lol
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
A good story
Snapegirlkmf chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Aww, I really liked this little fic! It was great to see how caring Severus was with Harry. I added your story to my C2. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to this one!
Haru Inuzuka chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
-smiles warmly- This was beautiful! Yes, I had a good halloween (which was months ago! XD).
carolinesayer chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
aw... harry and nastybutnice snape are awesome :D aww.. thankyou! :D loved it! xx
ImKim chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
This was a wonderfully sweet story. I really enjoyed it. Thank you!
Kirsti-Lee chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Really lovely little fic. Quite heartbreaking really, and nice to see Harry so emotional. I always feel in canon that Harry emotions are skipped over, or that he doesn't feel things sufficiently, but you seem to have captured his emotion perfectly. Great writing, I would never have picked English wasn't your first language, since your story is so well-written. :)
etherian chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
This was a heart-breaking yet charming tale. Thank you for sharing it.
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
A great story. Very well written.