Reviews for Voyages of the Dawn Chaser Lucifers Sword
fizben08 chapter 33 . 4/30/2011
Wonderful! This story is so layered, I love it and am really happy when a new chapter appears.

You manage to create such vivid pictures with your descriptions of the ice, and the cold; and the way the light is changing, I can almost feel the atmosphere.

Such a strange world you have created, but the anchor through it all is your portrayal of Jack, his mannerisms and speech patterns are spot on.

I can hardly wait for the next chapter, except I know that will bring us closer to the end of the story, and I love this so much, I really don't want it to end.

Thank you once again for sharing this amazing tale with us.
Howlongmustiwait chapter 33 . 4/30/2011
*claps* SOOOO happy to see you updating! I think I'm look forward more to your updates than I am the next movie!

I feel so incredibly bad for Groves in this story - the poor man probably thinks he's going insane w/all that's he's seen and dealt w/so far and here it is just continuing to get stranger - although he should understand Jack a site better w/knowing he's lived and seen and the same things LOL.

And Jack - just who he doesn't want to be stuck with he gets - where's the rum when you need it or a brick wall? At least he's got Eleanor!
SelenaRoX chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
I like your story! I think I'll keep reading... BUT a bit of advice (not saying you are doing this) ... Don't change Jack's 'character' from the one in the movie. Anyways good story! (again) :D
Quidnunc chapter 27 . 7/13/2010
Huzzah! Another chapter! Nice job of bringing an anachronistic angle to the saga. Consitant characterisation. Well done!
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 25 . 6/28/2010
'Elanor had taken a silent oath that, if she found that she had to stay here, she was going to significantly accelerate the understanding of seat design and suspension systems in the carriage making industry.'

I can imagine!

'If Gibbs was to be believed... Jack had played the part of an honest man before and with similar success. While others, certainly Mrs. Turner, saw this as further evidence of a talent for duplicity, it made Elanor wonder about the man Jack Sparrow had once hoped to be.'

Interesting. I've wondered about the very same thing.

'Jack had behaved far more gently and considerately than she had expected and that very restraint had made her want him more than any amount of swagger or lewd suggestions could have done. Did he know that?'

I'd bet he does. The man's had a lot of practice.

Such an intriguing pack of revelations in this chapter!
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 22 . 5/29/2010
"Mrs Turner, I fear that you forget yourself."

Whoa. Who would've guessed Jack was capable of such restraint? Or Liz of such inappropriate vituperation?

The sooner she has that kid, the better!
tndigger chapter 19 . 4/4/2010
Interesting Elizabeth doesn't want Jack to leave and "jealous" of Elanor and if it came down to it Jack would defend Elizabeth from all danger (I think he cares more than he let's on to the rest of the world); sure he will walk away from one if not both of the ladies but wonder who he will miss the most? Thank you so much for your story can not wait for another update.
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 18 . 3/18/2010
But then Jack assumed that, all evidence to the contrary aside, he would be a perfect husband if he chose to be, and said as much, frequently. Every night in fact.

Egads, are there no limits to Jack's ego?
tndigger chapter 18 . 3/17/2010
I was excited to see a new chapter, love your story "Jack" is great, he turns heads in any century and a man of surprises just like his ultra ego Johnny Depp, Thank you so much for writing a super novel, looking forward to more story!
fizben08 chapter 17 . 3/3/2010
I really love that your description of Jack, is of an extremely intelligent man; it really irks me when I read stories where he is made out to be nothing more than a drunken fool, when he is clearly fiercely intelligent and a genius at what he does.

This story really is very clever, I adore the way it twists and turns between the different characters, but doesn't get bogged down in pointless descriptions, you allow your characters to describe themselves by their words and actions, and by others opinions of them. Always leaves me wanting more at the end of each chapter.

Thanks for continuing to update, I almost hope it never finishes, I am enjoying it so much, even to the extent of going back to the begining and reading it all over again.

Thank you.
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 17 . 3/1/2010
"At times those hours on deck in the fog still came back to haunt him, the sound of the bell sending shivers of doom across the sea, and them not knowing who it were that the bell tolled for."

Nice literary ref!

And that's a well-thought-out explanation for Jack's behavior in DMC.

" ...neatly trimmed goatee beard... "

What a shame Jack had to trim it. :(

"For a moment the liveryman wondered who and what this man's father had been, for there was no denying that there was something singular about him."

Gads, if he knew...!

And just what is Jack planning to do with that chest?
howlongmustiwait chapter 16 . 2/6/2010
You've touched on some great topics/questions in this chapter. I'd say there are many people wondering the same things as Elizabeth - and I just love Eleanor more and more! Just what will she do is the question LOL You also brought up an interesting point - just how far would Jack go to keep the chest out of the wrong hands? I've not seen anyone really address that. It's hard to imagine just how well Elizabeth could keep it safe, if at all.
Jennifer Lynn Weston chapter 16 . 1/30/2010
A lot of interesting perspectives in this chapter.
tndigger chapter 15 . 1/18/2010
Can not wait for more, Elizabeth, Jack and Elanor, wow what a combination, Jack and Elizabeth still so distance!
Howlongmustiwait chapter 15 . 1/6/2010
LOL. I'm sure Jack is hoping for her to be in a VERY good mood! Oh my - the plot just gets thicker and thicker. I'm beginning to think they might not be wanting to use the last name of Norrington. It seems this "witness" of the navy's could cause a kink in their plan later on. Can't wait to see how things progress.