Reviews for Unknown Soldier
The sun will shine chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
I love the way you leave it open to discussion wether it is Peter or Edmund as the king. It was a beautiful songfic by the way!
FelipeMarcusThomas chapter 1 . 8/3/2010
Although I agree that either Peter or Edmund would have reacted as the "unnamed King" did, I suspect it was Peter, simply out of the fact that I think Edmund would have likely used a bladed weapon in each hand. You seem to refer to the King as using only one weapon ("He was skilled with a blade"). But regardless of which King it was, you wrote a moving story of what could be going on in the mind of a "common" soldier during battle, both during the fight, and while he lay dying. Very nicely done.
Kirsten Erin chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Wow! I really loved that. I love the emotion you portrayed as the soldier closed his mind to the horrors of battle and as he slowly died.

I also love that you left it open to interpretation as to which King it was. I don't know why, but I enjoyed that. Though I could see the reaction coming from either.

Great job!
Rasberry Parfait chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
I love this. It was so sad, but so honest-no romanticizing the horrors of war here. And I can see both Edmund and Peter doing that, being there for their soldiers...you know? Of course you do. You wrote this. Right. Anyway, this is really good.
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Wow

Any decent Narnian would die for either King! Well done! I applaud!