Reviews for I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song
Shananigan chapter 5 . 7/30/2012
Brilliant, just so good. Great writing style. Perfect tone and wording, really fantastic work with the voice of the characters.
santanabobana chapter 5 . 5/4/2010
i don't even know how to start praising this (sadly) final chapter. i loved it so much and if i were a less emotional person i would be able to comment in a way this story deserves rather than just the "i love this so much because it makes me feel like there's romantic hope". thank you so much for this story.
santanabobana chapter 4 . 5/4/2010
i loved the whole fantasy of puck with his little girl. brought tears to my eyes.
santanabobana chapter 3 . 5/4/2010
you write puck so well, i love it. i've been reading your puck centric fics and jackiekennedy's quinn drabbles and together they just make me so happy. you are a brilliant writer and i love his little stand off with quinn, his thought process of what he wants to do versus what he actually did.
santanabobana chapter 2 . 5/4/2010
another astounding chapter. i really love this, i wish there were more than just five. and i also wish i was a better reviewer but my brain is mush right now because i enjoy reading these without analysing whether everything is perfect. as far as i'm concerned everything is perfectly written.
santanabobana chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
i think i just died and went to heaven. well done, the whole awkward artie and puck is really well written too. on to next chapter :)
mafalda157 chapter 5 . 11/12/2009
You may say writing from a male point of view is hard for you, but damn, you sure nailed it in this fic. Your Puck characterisation was... amazing. I felt so connected to him, all his feelings and insecurities and bitterness and pining for Quinn. You even made his bullying make sense!

And his interactions with everyone else were a joy to read. Everyone felt fleshed out and the dialogue was honest and awkward and heartfelt. I tried in vain to pick out my favourite moments. I kinda wish there was a part about Finn or at least a throwaway mention that despite all his jealousy, he still thinks of him as his friend, but I guess it wouldn't really fit. (Oh, and I enjoyed all the little jabs against Mr. Schue. "looking (more) confused than usual" indeed.)

I set the Quinn part apart because, of course, it was absolutely perfect. Even though at the back of my mind I kept thinking "god, parents at 18, job at walmart, their future sounds so bleak" the way you pulled it off was so sweet I just couldn't possibly feel bad. Puck/Quinn is slowly but surely turning into an OTP, and I blame it solely on you! :P

Lastly, some nitpicks, I noticed a couple of typos:

Ch 2 "Mr. Schue looks embarrassed by Puck doesn’t really feel guilty"

Ch 4 “I know how you feel about, Quinn,”

Ch 5 "but with her blonde down and turning gold in the light"

Nothing serious, just thought you'd want to know.

Anyway, again, can't wait for more of your fics! :)
riparian chapter 5 . 11/11/2009
BTW, this is bumble233. I was too lazy to log in to FF the first time haha.
bumble233 chapter 5 . 11/11/2009
WOW, gorgeous. Fantastic job with Puck's voice - I can imagine how that's a difficult POV to write and you did it really well. Great fic!
iolah chapter 5 . 11/9/2009
This was a wonderful ending to a fantastic story. I loved the attention you paid to the characters and Puck was SO in character ) This was a really great fic and a pleasure to read. Write more Glee soon?
AHigherOctave chapter 5 . 11/9/2009
The Cranberries, nice choice.

I love, love, LOVE this chapter. Of course, Puck and Quinn interact in it, so I'm kind of predictable. Every word of it is perfectly placed, and I love that he's working at Walmart. And Mr. Schue catching them. Just...wow.
sierrastarlight chapter 5 . 11/9/2009
Loved it. I'm not a really big Puck/Quinn shipper, but this is beautiful. I don't see how anyone could not like it.

This line was my favorite:

He can’t change the past but he can build his own future.

Perfect.
LunaMystik chapter 5 . 11/9/2009
You ended this beautifully. Your Quinn really rang true and Puck has grown so much from who he was when we first met him in the Pilot!
ecaniaga chapter 5 . 11/9/2009
This was truly wonderful... God, I wish the show would develop their relationship like this.
Simply Sarah chapter 5 . 11/9/2009
I've got to start with the song choice because the song choice is so perfect. First of all, I must confess to being a Cranberries fan so I'm a bit biased, but it really does fit. Even lyrics not mentioned fit: "And then I open up and see, the person falling here is me, a different way to be" and "You have my heart so don't hurt me." Really, superb choice.

I love what you said in your last response (which I'll be responding to as well) about Puck being a high school guy and taking that into account and not having him make some grand declaration of love. I think that's right on the mark because it's not that I can't see either one of them feeling that way, but I don't think in the show, nor in the place you have them at in your story, they're anywhere near a place where either of them could say that and mean it. I think they're at the point where they know that they want the other one, but given the complexity of their situation it's too much to think about beyond that, nor do they have enough history (that we know of) to make that kind of leap either.

I love that he starts out fighting for his daughter, but when the opportunity comes up he jumps right in fighting for Quinn too. Because he's clearly let her slip away (run away, as you so wonderfully portrayed) before so I don't think there's anyway that he'd let that happen again.

I like how you used the idea of Puck always being jealous of Finn throughout the story. I'm not sure I agree with it though. Really thinking about it, I kind of think he would see Finn as a nice guy, a simpleton pushover of sorts and I don't think there'd be a single minute he'd want to be like that (given his brutish tendencies) despite anything it may gain Finn over him. (Except for Quinn of course- but that's probably just my shippy-ness.)

I love the concept of this too though, of them getting this honest moment together because she's too tired and miserable and guilt-ridden to fight anymore. I'd love to see her point of view through this, which is why I always find it such a challenge to stick with one character's pov throughout a story (and always fail in that task). But even without her side of the story, it does feel very complete because you did weave a very intricate and detailed story from the beginning and developed Puck so amazingly. You should be very proud of this story.

Gah, and the end. What can I really say about the end? It was touching and beautiful and absolutely could not have been better.

This whole story was truly just wonderful. It made me smile, and I don't think anything better can be said about a piece of fiction than that. Thank you for a fantastic story!

Good luck with your National Novel Writing Month challenge, but I hope you hurry back to this wonderful world of fanfiction you're so phenomenal at soon:)

Have an awesome Monday!