Reviews for Castlevania: All His Engines
PolarPhantom chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I rather enjoyed this story. Its characters would fit in well with the actual canon. Except Met, though I think that was pretty much the point of his character. If I must make a guess as to his identity, I'd say he was a time traveller who went insane. And is best friends with Deadpool. I also enjoyed the debate and manipulation on Lorin's part, and the reveal of Dracula's flaws in thinking. Really, I just think the guy's goal is merely revenge desguised as some holy vendetta against humanity. If I had something against it, then maybe it would be the sudden relationship between the hero and heroine. But, then again, fighting together can result in relationships forming, and it was sweet to see her discard the ring. HOLY CRAP MET WAS GOLLUM! Anyway, well done on the fic!
some guy chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
that was awesome. its always nice to see someone take the time to logical explain to the big bad why whatever reason they have for destroying the world is wrong rather than just beating them up. one question though, who the hell is met? and is he in anything else?
Backwardsname chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
This was surprisingly good.

Mark this as my first official attempt at reading a full fan-fic.

The beginning was adequate, but the characterization of the characters other than Lorin and Dracula seemed incomplete to be honest. I didn't much care for them.

Having said that, The long dialogue Lorin and Dracula have at first seems a little cliche, but it improves significantly. I wish I had read the famous literary work mentioned so I could have more background on the quote, but it still was very visual and definetly fit the events at hand.

When it comes to the battle with Dracula, I'll just quote the famous egoraptor video by saying, "It felt good, IT FELT GOOD, IT FEELS REALLY GOOD WHEN I BEAT THE SH..!" But seriously, it was a good fight scene, and the long conversation Lorin and Dracula have does an excellant job in creating buildup tension.

The last sentence of the story is particularly heartwarming and awesome for anyone who has played and/or beaten Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.

About halfway through the story I would have given the story a 3/5 but I think despite the lack of character development with the secondary characters I can honestly give this a 3.5/5

I probably would have given it a 4/5 if not for that.

Maybe the characters just weren't my cup of tea, and I of course mean no disrespect.
Jryu chapter 1 . 10/5/2010

Was that Spoony?
Tri-Emperor of The Twilight chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
Great story.
Patricia de Lioncourt chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Very original, and epic, fic. I really enjoyed reading such a fresh take on CV. I thought that in some parts it was a bit too much dialogue and not enough description...but really, that's about it. I really enjoyed it and you've done an excellent job!
N chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
Also, kudos for the Paradise Lost reference. Really, it made my day.
N chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
Probably the most original Castlevania fanfiction I've read to date.

Very good flow and pacing. Beautifully written characters-much more developed and convincing than the average Mary Sue. And Met? Pure genius, even though his comic presence disrupted the atmosphere at times. Still, good fan service for those who can appreciate it.

On the down side, the verbal battle with Dracula, although extremely interesting, came out as overly academic at times(and thus empty and slightly pretentious).

I think the ending was the weakest part of it, with the love story -predictably- coming to full bloom and everyone living happily ever after and Met pissing off to further adventures. As a whole, however, the story has such a unique flavor I find it hard to criticize it. Overall, a very enjoyable read.

Stay creative, this website needs more talent like yours.
Dreamlight chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Another great story! I'd love to see something of a sequal with Soma and Lorin, or just Soma talking to Dracula, with your writing style. Looking forward to any future works! :-)
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
I guess it is good. I guess it is awesome
KatyaChekov chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
I have the oddest feeling I should know who Met is...

Epic as usual, Legend Maker! And not even the 15-chapter battle I was expecting! Finally, a hero who uses psychological warfare on an awesome scale!
Chaltab chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
This was really quite good. I hope the yearly Day of the Dead fic becomes a tradition.
Mirai Reiko chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Oops... Sorry. That was my post below. FF signed me out for some reason. Anyway, thanks for writing a great Castlevania story. This is going to my favs. :3
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Awesome story. I really enjoyed it, I loved the dialogue, descriptions, and the flashback sequences. The OCs really made my day, since I enjoy stories with them. It's also nice to see a bookworm Belmont character, a nice breath of fresh from the usually androgynous-looking ones who are, most of time the typical macho men. My favorite scenes had to be when Lorin was chatting with Dracula, and when Jaelle showed that large display of affection that seemed unusual for someone like her. Anyway, excellent job.
CerberAsta chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Wow. You got right to the whole point of Castelvania- fighting Dracula, while working in a huge build-up to the entire thing. Met's entrance was fairly random, but it was still fun enough.

The huge epic battle of words between Lorin and Dracula was well-played and just as easily as epic as the fight scene that followed.