Reviews for Just Another Layer
2bigdogs chapter 13 . 7/8/2014
I really am enjoying this story, it is very well written. The characters are very true to the show. I had to laugh when reading your reference to the knick name kit kat even though this story was written so long ago and the abc writers just used it at the end of season six. I have been going back through all the old fan fiction as I so enjoy Au stories written before Kate and Rick get together, the old spark is just so much fun. I Find myself at end of your story but alas the last chapter does not appear to come up. If you would be so kind, if you still have it, could I trouble you for the last chapter? My email is

Thanks again for story ...2bigdogs
aussiecate chapter 15 . 5/1/2014
What a beautifully crafted story. You really captured the essence of Castle and Beckett and Kate and Rick at this time during their story. I really enjoyed reading, thank you.
Guest chapter 15 . 3/26/2014
beautiful story :D i like that with your story, its not technically an end. of course, most stories dont have an END per se, but for yours, you could keep writing. :D
The-KLF chapter 15 . 3/6/2014
I really liked this, it was moving as well as super sweet! Going to see if there was a follow-up now :)
Different Child chapter 15 . 10/20/2013
Interesting. P The end is a bit of a cliffy, but not at the same time. Cute story. :)
Different Child chapter 9 . 10/19/2013
I love how in the show everyone calls her Kate, but her dad calls her Katie. My parents call me Katie. And I've been called Kit Kat before. My name's Kaitlin not Katherine though. And I've also been called Katie Kakes or just Kakes by my dad. Ridiculous nicknames I know. Just makes it real though.
musicnlyrics chapter 15 . 4/28/2013
This was so sweet! I'm so glad I stumbled across it :):)

Thanks for sharing!
firtree chapter 15 . 9/2/2012
loved this story!
nixer chapter 11 . 7/6/2012
I love this - I love the internal battle raging in both of them. I love this line: "When he promised Kate she could lean on him, it never occurred to him that she might not know how to." because it's so true - she's taken care of herself, relied only on herself, since she was nineteen. She doesn't know how to let people in, she's just learning.
siobhan.22 chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
Good chapter
DarkRedWillow chapter 15 . 1/24/2012
I absolutely loved this story! It was just...perfect. Stayed up all night reading it, lol. Really, realy great job!
quinlava chapter 15 . 7/18/2011
D'aaww on the ending. I really liked this-I hope you did write a sequel or whatever. Good job.
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 15 . 5/13/2011
I read this story in two days. It would have been in one sitting, but I started it around 11pm last night, so after reading the first 10 chapters I had to make myself stop. This story is wonderful. You completely captured the spirit of all three of them, especially Lanie. I'm hoping you've written the sequal already so I can dive into that now.
Mark C chapter 15 . 4/24/2011
This was a great story.

I really enjoyed seeing Rick and Kate's relationship evolve. It appears that she'll trust Rick more than she had in the past because of what he did for her. She may never admit it but Kate appreciated Rick staying with her. Perhaps some day soon, their relationship will changes from being friends to something more.

The ending was really sweet.

Excellent job.
Sybretooth chapter 15 . 2/9/2011
Awesome story with detailed descriptions of feelings. Very well written. )