Reviews for A Teacher in Wolf's Clothing
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
That was a really good story! You wrote Remus's character really well! Once a teacher, always a teacher. :P Good job! :)
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Actually, the _really_ low flat clouds are nimbostratus (having seen them come over a hill and then fall down is very, very depressing).

And...it is a step forward for Remus that children can be abused even without being werewolves. Well done.
MollyCoddles chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
Sometimes it's nice to have your head in the clouds. Like the wise Calgon people once said: "Take me away!"

Remus can be the wind beneath her wings. ;)

Nice little drabble - it was a pleasant diversion!
sunny9847 chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Love Remus the teacher. This was nice.

Sunny
miss amy chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
this is precious!
Moontime chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Let's hope for a better future than staying with Grayback
alix33 chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
"Remus said, “Those are cumulus clouds.” As if his stomach reacted to thoughts of whipped cream, it growled. Jane said, “My tummy’s making noises, too, but the stew won’t be ready for another hour so I came outside. Rumblies get worse if you smell something good and can’t eat it.” Was her pragmatism the result of deprivation? Children were neglected and abused even when they weren’t werewolves. He sat up. “It also helps to think of other things." - I liked this Remus/Jane interaction loads.

"Remus found Jane to be a bright girl, eager to learn. If the world was a different place, she would be invited to Hogwarts to learn magic and make friends who saw beyond her “furry little problem.” And when she sat her N.E.W.T.s and left, she would find a job because Ministry law would require equal employment opportunities, and educational programs would dispel ignorance and increase tolerance." - Pity Remus was the only one who got those opportunities (or so it seems).

"but there are different ways to rescue someone, and teaching is one of them." - Only if the teachers in question really loves kids, and IMO (and experience) not very many of them do.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Loved it! Remus is good at teaching, and educating. If he can instill the idea of wanting to learn and she survives the war, maybe she could go to Hogwarts'.

You're welcome.
A Chocolate Frog chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
This is fantastic! I really hope you develop this new character even more. Remus was perfect in this story.

I am separated from my usual Harry Potter accouterments for ten weeks while I'm studying abroad and I don't really have time to work on my own stories, so I'm really enjoying everything you post. It helps with the withdrawal. :)
ronandhermy chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Yeah, jane's back. I'm so excited you decided to keep playing with this character. and i do agree the remus does kinda wear the crown of the older generation when angst gets involved. :)
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Lovely as always. I don't know if you realized it, but your writing in this one is a bit more delicate than usual, almost as if the words were bits of the clouds you're writing about.

You're right, just giving her a different perspective of the world might offer her a mental refuge when things get ugly. I suppose once Remus gets "Tere" sorted out they might look for Jane and adopt her, unless something awful happened to her.
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Very nice! I liked seeing who Jane was instead of what she is.
Carnivalgirl chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
I've got say, my Mondays have been a little brighter since you started writing drabbles in them. I loved how easily Remus began teaching, you really showed how naturally it comes to him, and the dynamic between him and Jane was well-written. She was also authentically ten, which was a good thing.

I will be thinking of Remus next time I read Wordsworth, ie. today or tomorrow. It's bound to improve the experience.