Reviews for Mighty Pirate Instincts
Artisa chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
"I wasn't mighty enough for you." Oh my god that line. It just makes me wanna cry :(

Incredible writing matey! I can honestly say it moves me! I'm gonna go curl up alone in my blanket with my thoughts now.

Perfection. Nuf said.
trearoos chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
I've got nothing to worry about after reading this. I know it ends well.
ABSOLute Chimera chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Guybrush's death fic! Yes! i so love angsty/comfy moments! You described Tales' Guybrush very right!
BeeKay84 chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Wow, a very touching review of Guybrush's last thoughts. Maybe a little too many, but I like how you worked all the important characters into them. And the last part about him not being mighty enough for Elaine really makes my heart go out for him. Great one-shot!
Jen Kollic chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Wow. You might only have played Tales, but the handle you've got on Guybrush's personality is pretty damn solid! I really liked this one-shot, you've taken the darkest and grimmest moment from the entire series and managed to inject humour into it, I loved Guybrush's mental de- and re-railings which were so typical of his character. I really hope that you get a chance to play some of the other games in the series, because there's an awful lot of gaps between them and I'd be really happy to see a writer like you try to fill them!
iceboxme chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Wow, this is brilliantly written. I really love how you managed to make those few seconds seem so slow. They should have done something like that in the game. It would have added more of a dramatic effect.

Anyway, I was almost brought to tears by this (almost, because I don't cry very easily), which is weird, because the end of Chapter 5 didn't have nearly as much as an impact on me.

But this- this is amazing.

Okay, I'm babbling now, so I'll shut up. ;)
Andrea Foxx chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
Cruel move, Mr/Ms/? Timeless.

How dare you write a heavy one-shot with humor in it that still made me cry?

You should be ashamed of yourself. Such a critical mass of awesome is illegal in most US states, not to mention forbidden in neutral waters.

I am appalled.

(I expect that if you write Monkey Island fanfic, you are not sarcasm-blind.)
Mad Man Monkey chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Very good. The way you had Guybrush decide on his last words to Elaine just about made me cry.

I was totally floored when I played that episode.

That said, I imagine that Guybrush will be resurrected in the next chapter (I think his hand will re-attach itself to his body and it'll heal all his wounds, just like it did for DeSinge's wounds), but I could be wrong.
Lollipop Mimilove chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
This is wonderfully written. It brought back all the feelings I had when I finished TOMI part 4.

You got Guybrush pretty in-character, I think-though I would really recommend that you play the earlier games, you're missing out if you don't.

...God, Telltale are evil, aren't they? I hope Guybrush comes back, otherwise I will be even sadder than I am now.
WeRa chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Excelent writing :D and very very sad T-T

I just finished this chapter yesterday night, and i couldnt sleep well :S The ending is very shocking and happened what i didnt want to happen im soo sad ;-;

Thank you for share your beautiful version of the story, i liked the final phrase T-T, and i hope that you could complete the four Monkey Island games soon! theyre great! and very very funny hehe, personally i liked most the second one :P haha

You wrote very well about the characters, i liked it :D

I would like to see more fanfics about ToMI

Thank you again! Bye!

P.D. I hope that this review is clear, im still learning english U hehe

atte.

WeRa
hotcrosspigeon chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Wonderfully written, the end to that last chapter of the game was quite a shocker! But I love how you've portrayed Guybrush in this, always the hero ;) Beautiful. Thanks for writing.