Reviews for Bathwater
sithsolemn chapter 31 . 9/6/2017
Gods... O.O This is the best what if version of a romantic comedy Hogwarts AU! I'm not a fan of such AUs and anything fluffy as a rule because oftentimes despite the good intentions such stories turn out very poorly executed. But your story...
...I quit doing everything so I could read it more or less in one go :)
And now I just can't unsee this Harry Potter romantic movie sitcom 2in1 edition image in my head.
You've included so many characters and introduced interesting dynamics and changes that go pretty well with both the post-war environment and with the marriage law theme.
Somebody, please create the TV series, I'd watch the frigg out of these! Also I'd read a dozen more of spin-offs, and watch about 20 seasons of the whole thing :D
Your story is a delight, so unexpectedly bestowed upon me :) Thank you very much for letting me into this AU of yours!

PS To some "critics" in the back: grammar mistakes and disrepancies/imperfections can always be fixed if the story is great. Those are no sin. There are fanfics with no mistakes or fandom inconsistencies but that's not what makes a piece of writing an excellent story. The plot, the theme, the subplots within the plots and quality humour though are the first priority. Perfectionist requirements only put people off writing fanfiction. To err is also no vice, regardless of the error type. Unwillingless to develop one's skills and learn is a big deal however. And let's remember, this is fanfiction that people are writing for fun and for our enjoyment, not for profit. Fanfic writing is also differs greatly from writing a thesis. To add, speaking and writing in more than one language is a very big deal itself. The native speakers of English are often arrogant about the foreigners when in reality they often know just... English only *wink wonk* One can't win with This Lot (tm) : not knowing English is frowned upon just as using the language. I'd like the native speakers to realise that one can live for over 15 years in an English-speaking country and aldo have extensive educational background, but the foreign migrant can't magically turn into a native speaker that was born into this environment, by the way, the foreign-born in the English-speaking country. As a migrant tutor of English, I only know all of this too well. One makes less mistakes as they continue advancing their knowledge. On the other hand, the native speakers often make pretty common spelling mistakes like confusing "you are" with "your". I do not know the author's background, hence laying all this out as general argument. Critique is different from sarcasm, I've learnt to tell one from another.
One wise man once said: "Complaints never end." I would add, "that's exactly why you persevere."
Guest27 chapter 31 . 9/6/2017
Hey, author to this wonderfully entertaining story! :) I would just like to say THANK YOU. Thank you for sharing this story to us. This story is now one of my fave DraMoine fanfics ever, and I can't believe I just read this now! Anyway, thanks once again, and more power to your writing. :D

P.S I am legit on my way to check the sequel *excited girly squeal* :D
Aquary chapter 1 . 8/5/2017
As far as i remember, Ginny in love with harry due to his status not love at first sight before knowing who he is. Honestly... I'm torn between considering her as gold digger, social climber, or groupies. Part of the reason I'm not really into HP/Gw.

Btw... i love your dramione story.
Markie28 chapter 14 . 7/31/2017
I'm enjoying this story very much. The only thing that seems a bit 'off' is that the professors keep referring to the students as "children" whereas they are having to take on the very adult roles of preparing for marriage. Isn't Cho Chang a year older than Harry and co., so she would already have graduated. I like how you've developed Pansy's character and that you didn't make Ron horrible as so many fics do. One would think there would be more general outrage that the same group of children who basically won the war for the Ministry are required to give up their hopes and dreams and become teen mums and dads. How are a generation of poorly educated, emotionally damaged with no work experiences going to provide for the crop of kids the Ministry wants? The Professors all seem to be on board and pushing the politely agenda, rather than giving the students the post war education they deserve.
BookHeaven33 chapter 3 . 4/17/2017
Omg Seamus. Lmao.
Guest in Europe chapter 6 . 4/16/2017
OK, good idea, ruined by poor language. It is actually quite funny that your note, in which you advise you are correcting your errors, is actually full of errors!
Sorry, I'm bailing now.
Thanks for starting out with a good idea anf good luck with improving your English.
Guest in Europe chapter 5 . 4/16/2017
Although this was written quite a long time ago, I notice from you front page that you planned to correct some of the language errors. I don't know if you've started that project but, for me, this potentially good story is rather spoiled with quite basic language problems. I'm guessing English is not your first language.
Customs not costumers
Surely you mean family counselling not family consuming?
hesitation not hesitance
enraged not enraging
mingxingxing chapter 8 . 4/13/2017
Isn't Cho Chang older than Harry? She didn't graduate on time? I'm enjoying the story so far.
Drixox chapter 9 . 3/25/2017
dafuq
Ruselly Adita chapter 22 . 3/4/2017
I love Blaise xD
Guest chapter 2 . 1/31/2017
Harry and Ginny getting together with Marriage Law fics is annoying and lazy. There are sooooo many witches better suited for him than her.
Guest chapter 31 . 1/27/2017
man the first dramione fic i ever finished most of the other stories got me disinterested half way trough the story and you know what keeps me reading? Damn Blaise Zabini..! he's so hilarious, draco is lucky to have him as a friend. haha :D
MrsMalfoy-19 chapter 30 . 1/3/2017
No matter how many times I read this story, it NEVER gets old! I love everything about this story and I grew up reading it; now that I'm older, I cherish the detail you've put into it to make it such a fantastic tale that I wish existed. I hope you will continue to grace FanFiction with with more amazing Draco/Hermione stories (:
Dragonhart46 chapter 30 . 12/21/2016
amazing story!
Jos chapter 3 . 11/25/2016
I laughed out loud at the last part. It was hilarious, honestly. I'm really enjoying reading this!
1,754 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »